5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

STI_MECE

Reaction score
Once you see their price, you may rethink that ;)
Meh. It was pretty solid deal. 435 for labor and I just paid 705 for the parts. So yeah, the money I saved will be enough to cover the fuel tank parts and install
1023761c51a2ebb7c17337cb315f1c99.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Meh. It was pretty solid deal. 435 for labor and I just paid 705 for the parts. So yeah, the money I saved will be enough to cover the fuel tank parts and install
You're happy then we're all happy for ya, but $1140 for a gas tank is crazy unless you have a very specific reason for needing it now. I'd spend that money towards a lift kit or new wheels and tires before I'd spend crazy money on a gas tank.

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
You're happy then we're all happy for ya, but $1140 for a gas tank is crazy unless you have a very specific reason for needing it now. I'd spend that money towards a lift kit or new wheels and tires before I'd spend crazy money on a gas tank.
I'm not that guy, but the only reason I want the bigger tank is so I can drive from Indianapolis straight through to Atlanta without stopping. And I can avoid a couple fill-ups each month. That's 9 hours a year!:p

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not that guy, but the only reason I want the bigger tank is so I can drive from Indianapolis straight through to Atlanta without stopping. And I can avoid a couple fill-ups each month. That's 9 hours a year!:p
Totally get it...but, I bet you wouldn't spend close to $1200 after the fact to make that a reality. So, some simple math: 2 extra fillups per month at 15 minutes top to gas her up is 30 minutes a month. 30 minutes a month X 12 months = 6 hours so what are doing the other 3 :unsure:

;)

WReckeR

Reaction score
Totally get it...but, I bet you wouldn't spend close to $1200 after the fact to make that a reality. So, some simple math: 2 extra fillups per month at 15 minutes top to gas her up is 30 minutes a month. 30 minutes a month X 12 months = 6 hours so what are doing the other 3 :unsure:

;)
I agree completely, I would NOT get the tank AFTER. It's either there or it's not, and I'm going to keep shopping until I find it, or order it. Or...just keep doing what I do now, which is getting fuel more frequently.

The precise math isn't really relevant. If you have to exit the interstate, wait for a pump, there are a couple lights around the interchange, or you have to drive through town to get to Costco where you can save $0.25-$0.30 a gallon, it's not always as fast as you say. But anyway, the point is, you save some time. Obviously you're not saving fuel cost. It's just convenience.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree completely, I would NOT get the tank AFTER. It's either there or it's not, and I'm going to keep shopping until I find it, or order it. Or...just keep doing what I do now, which is getting fuel more frequently.

The precise math isn't really relevant. If you have to exit the interstate, wait for a pump, there are a couple lights around the interchange, or you have to drive through town to get to Costco where you can save $0.25-$0.30 a gallon, it's not always as fast as you say. But anyway, the point is, you save some time. Obviously you're not saving fuel cost. It's just convenience.
I get you...just giving you a hard time my friend ;)

WReckeR

Reaction score
haha think he meant the weight of the tank itself in addition to the liquid. either way, i'm with you it shouldn't be too bad.
I wonder, what IS the difference in tank weights? I'm sure it has lots of contours. If it were a big rectangle, it'd just need to be a bit taller for the extra capacity. But it's never that easy.

STI_MECE

Reaction score
I need the bigger fuel tank. I could have squeezed by but I have a ranch where the nearest gas station is 2 hours away which is about 150 miles miles away. And one way is 300 miles. When you are driving 75-80 miles an hour your gas goes bye bye. Lol this will be give me more cushion to make it there or hopefully just drive past it.

I have rolled into that gas station a number of times with ac off and windows UP and the car die on me as I roll into the gas station.

Now if they wanted 2k to do it, then I probably would have done it myself. I am just thankful it's a factory option and can get everything arranged by the dealership to have it upgraded.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I need the bigger fuel tank. I could have squeezed by but I have a ranch where the nearest gas station is 2 hours away which is about 150 miles miles away. And one way is 300 miles. When you are driving 75-80 miles an hour your gas goes bye bye. Lol this will be give me more cushion to make it there or hopefully just drive past it.

I have rolled into that gas station a number of times with ac off and windows UP and the car die on me as I roll into the gas station.

Now if they wanted 2k to do it, then I probably would have done it myself. I am just thankful it's a factory option and can get everything arranged by the dealership to have it upgraded.

Wow, that is REALLY isolated! Do you have a larger supply tank on the ranch property?

1611234623548.png

slatersan

Reaction score
Well, unless you're spending the money on his truck, that's irrelevant. Lots of mods seem strange to lots of people. By your logic, unless you have a very specific reason for needing them now, spending money for a lift kit or new wheels and tires is crazy. For you, the reasoning might be " it looks nice" or " for higher clearance." For him, the reasoning is " I want to fill up less often."

STI_MECE

Reaction score
Wow, that is REALLY isolated! Do you have a larger supply tank on the ranch property?

View attachment 80244
Yeah we have a 500 gallon tank there for gas and then 1000 gallon diesel tank.

But I do not like putting that fuel in my vehicles lol and the filter is not good enough for my sanity lol I'm Gunna have to clean them out soon because some of our ranch trucks are having fueling problems which too much sediment.

There was a miscommunication on the last fuel delivery which I wanted to post pone so I could clean them but that message was not relayed....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, unless you're spending the money on his truck, that's irrelevant. Lots of mods seem strange to lots of people. By your logic, unless you have a very specific reason for needing them now, spending money for a lift kit or new wheels and tires is crazy. For you, the reasoning might be " it looks nice" or " for higher clearance." For him, the reasoning is " I want to fill up less often."
My statement is also in the context that it could have been a $450 option versus a $1200 after the fact purchase if he was able to wait for the right truck versus buying one that didn't meet his immediate needs. I was trying to determine is this a "need" or a "want". If a "want", it doesn't make much sense to spend that money on a fuel tank when there are far better ways to spend $1200 on a new truck. If a "need", which the OP clearly stated it was and why, then it makes total sense now that we all understand the dynamics behind the decision. Does he need to justify anything to me? Absolutely not just like I don't have to justify to anyone why I buy what I buy. However, that shouldn't stop me , or anyone else, from asking a question and receiving clarification. Members on this forum have questioned items I purchased...like my $75 shift knob. I, for one, don't mind the questions and enjoy the interaction and/or debate it creates. However, with all that being said, thanks for attempting to school me on the topic that I already knew and understood ;)

saylor

Reaction score
just here to state:

pay cash, dont finance kids. if you cant afford it now, save your money up longer.

rockwall dodge lies about their internet prices.

that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread