5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

WReckeR

Reaction score
More than 100 years of pneumatic tires, and people are paying for Nitrogen. Get a decent tire pressure gage. Check pressure occasionally. Top off as necessary. It's worked this way since before you were born.

ALWAYS question why a dealer is bothering to tint your windows for you, change your lug nuts for you, change the air in your tires for you.

Reaction score
The MSRP was $47,400. The price before dealer fees & TTL was 34,421. The dealer fee was $1645. And no I did not ask for an invoice.

The add ons included Tint, wheel locks, GPS tracker, and nitrogen air filled tires. The original price of the dealer fees was 1895. So I countered with okay take 250 off the dealer add on fees and throw in a spray in bed liner.

Hell I told them I would pay cash for the truck if they just took the 1985 off completely. I could not get anywhere with it and I have tried getting about 4 dealerships to remove it or lower the sales price of the truck none of them budge.

This has come up since the start of covid and i have seen the prices range from 1985 up to 3k. I know why they do it because it looks better on the front end.
Hope all goes well with the delivery tomorrow and that it's a solid truck for years to come!

Yeah, I walked out on four dealerships [Dallas, Richardson, Rockwall & Freedom CJDRs] before I found one that didn't do dealer add-ons [Dodge City].

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Documentation Fees or "Doc Fees"

This fee can be upwards of a $1000 and is the most common of the fees made up by the dealerships. It is not a required government tax or fee, even though it is often lumped in with Tax, Title, and Licensing. No states require this fee. A few states do require that if you charge one customer the fee, then you must charge all customers. There have been so many problems with these fees that many states have put a cap on them.

Many dealerships will not remove this fee but the equivalent cost can be deducted from the final price. Always ask if there is a Doc Fee, and if so make sure it is included in the total price quoted. If it was not included in the total price quoted get them to drop the price by the amount of the fee.

"Doc fees straddle the line of legitimate and illegitimate. Know that you can and should negotiate the doc fee with a car dealer. Also know that the dealer will never actually remove the fee from your buyer’s order, instead they will reduce the selling price of the vehicle by the same amount as the doc fee."

"Doc fees are simply a profit center for the dealership. It’s a fee that is meant to offset the cost of non revenue producing employees at the dealership. It’s … bogus. But, dealers will tell you they legally can’t remove the fee from your purchase order, and sometimes this is true."

"A dealer may charge an optional documentary service fee in an amount not to exceed $150 in Washington. This fee compensates a dealer for the cost of titling and licensing a vehicle. It is an optional fee and a dealer may not represent that the fee is required by law. A consumer is free to negotiate a waiver of the fee. Dealers must disclose this $150 optional fee in their advertisements when stating sales prices of cars." https://www.atg.wa.gov/buying-precautions

WReckeR

Reaction score
I called FCA incentives and they said you could use it with employee pricing. I don’t get why some dealers take and some don’t. The dealers must be on the hook for part of the factory incentives. I checked again yesterday for this month and they said you can use the pop up with the $500 plus 0% or the pop up with the $2000 this month too.
Shockingram,

Who is "FCA Incentives" that you are calling? Do you have a number you can share? Do you have a public website where that number can be found?
I am in a discussion with a dealer who is also telling me I cannot use my pop up with the 0%. I need some ammunition.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Shockingram,

Who is "FCA Incentives" that you are calling? Do you have a number you can share? Do you have a public website where that number can be found?
I am in a discussion with a dealer who is also telling me I cannot use my pop up with the 0%. I need some ammunition.
You can find the phone number in my post

WReckeR

Reaction score
You can find the phone number in my post

Bob, I have read that post several times, but I don't see a phone number anywhere, or anything that says LINK to an incentives department. I am assuming it is not the same as Affiliate Awards...?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Bob, I have read that post several times, but I don't see a phone number anywhere, or anything that says LINK to an incentives department. I am assuming it is not the same as Affiliate Awards...?

It is in the Membership Incentives section. I have copied and pasted below.

Membership Incentives

PenFed - $1000 (does not combine with military $500) LINK
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - $500 LINK
SAM's Club (shows up sometime after using their car search) - $500 LINK
More Offers currently including Military Personnel $500, First Responder Personnel $500, and DriveAbility Disability Assistance $1000 LINK
Ram Incentives & Rebates List LINK
USAA no longer offers cash incentives.

You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just agreed on pricing for my new 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport with a dealer that I bought my last 2 JGC from.

MSRP: $66,745
Invoice of vehicle: $61,560
Incentives I qualify for: $3500
Sale Price w/ incentives before TTL: $55647
16.5% off of MSRP before TTL. I think this is a far deal for the vehicle as no one else would come close. Now to wait for it to be ordered and hope the turn around time isn't 10 weeks.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just agreed on pricing for my new 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport with a dealer that I bought my last 2 JGC from.

MSRP: $66,745
Invoice of vehicle: $61,560
Incentives I qualify for: $3500
Sale Price w/ incentives before TTL: $55647
16.5% off of MSRP before TTL. I think this is a far deal for the vehicle as no one else would come close. Now to wait for it to be ordered and hope the turn around time isn't 10 weeks.
I would be careful they don't try to back out of current incentives and apply those active at delivery. I've heard every dealer say incentives/rebates will be applied at time of delivery. if some of those $3,500 are no longer active, they may try to back out of it.

just some food for thought.

congrats!

Edit: I'm not good at spelling

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would be careful they don't try to back out of current incentives and apply those active at delivery. I've heard every dealer say incentives/rebates will be applied at time of delivery. if some of those $3,500 are no longer active, they may try to back out of it.

just some food for thought.
Very true. No dealer, anywhere, can guarantee incentives unless they are willing to support those dollars out of their own pocket should the incentives change.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have it in multiple email writings that I get the current incentives and if they get better at time of delivery I get those instead. Thanks for the heads up.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I have it in multiple email writings that I get the current incentives and if they get better at time of delivery I get those instead. Thanks for the heads up.
Read and re-read. They could be referring to their own discount, separate from the rebates. This is how Mark Dodge does it. The discount on the order, then incentives available when you close.

Users who are viewing this thread