5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My pricing is based off of Msrp. The more expensive the trucks, the more I can discount because it has more mark up. Send me your truck build.

I’ve been reading that some of these other dealers are charging $800 in fees or adding back in $1695 destination fees. That’s crazy. The destination fee is already listed and charged for at the bottom of the invoice from the factory. So if they are adding that back, you’re being charged twice.

My fees are clear. $200 doc $19 for temp tag/notary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The doc fee does not sound too bad compared to some, NY limits it to $75.

DanoUF

Reaction score
He did on my quote.
He took it out, factored the 6% invoice discount. Then factored the destination charge back in.

I ordered from Lakeland. They offered 7% off invoice, yet the truck was almost $2000 cheaper.
AK, when did you get a quote from Craig? I'm curious as it seems Koons is slowly screwing around w/ the special order pricing to bring them in line w/ how they price trucks on the lot. I did see someone else who had the destination added back in when they did a special order, but they clearly stated they were working w/ a different salesperson.

baccigalup

Reaction score
They’re offering 6% below invoice including using a rebate from Chrysler capital. I’m ordering trucks at that pricing or better depending on the Msrp, without using ANY rebates. You do not have to finance with Chrysler to get that. You should also get pricing based on no rebates and then be able to add rebates when the truck arrives.

[email protected]

When i ordered from craig my build sheet listed the mrsp and the fwp..as well as epp and ffp and dealer hokdback....his calculations wete clear. 6 perce t off fwp plis additional .5 for affiliate...rebates were not calculated in that price and in writing it showed PLUS any rebates...so thats not true in my case

DanoUF

Reaction score
When i ordered from craig my build sheet listed the mrsp and the fwp..as well as epp and ffp and dealer hokdback....his calculations wete clear. 6 perce t off fwp plis additional .5 for affiliate...rebates were not calculated in that price and in writing it showed PLUS any rebates...so thats not true in my case
Mine says the same other than the $1000. The $1000 may be in place of the $500 or, may be in addition as a dealer coupon, but the way I understand it I will get all other rebates that are available at the time of delivery. eg if I took delivery right now and I assume that the $1000 is in place of the CCAP bonus cash, I should get the $1000 retail bonus cash, the website bonus cash offer of $1500 and the $500 military rebate for a total of $3000 additional off. Since my truck won't be ready until at least January, here's hoping EP is gone and they have better rebates in play.

Reaction score
Thats good. Sounds like they did it the right way. When I quote a build, it doesn't include any incentives. Transparency is always the best way to go.

redbranch

Reaction score
Evidently not on the new style Ram 1500. It's in the fine print. Works on the DS, not the DT. :(
OK, now that I've realized it's just the 2019s, I've contacted the dealer. My thought process is that they now owe me $1500....right? I bought the truck on Monday without the certificate being applied because they said it wasn't valid on my 2021 Longhorn 1500. Any suggestions as to how I should pursue this?

Venom700

Reaction score
OK, now that I've realized it's just the 2019s, I've contacted the dealer. My thought process is that they now owe me $1500....right? I bought the truck on Monday without the certificate being applied because they said it wasn't valid on my 2021 Longhorn 1500. Any suggestions as to how I should pursue this?
They need to apply it, get it approved, and cut you a check.

69Safari

Reaction score
Do you have a contact at Lakeland Ram?

My pricing is based off of Msrp. The more expensive the trucks, the more I can discount because it has more mark up. Send me your truck build.

I’ve been reading that some of these other dealers are charging $800 in fees or adding back in $1695 destination fees. That’s crazy. The destination fee is already listed and charged for at the bottom of the invoice from the factory. So if they are adding that back, you’re being charged twice.

My fees are clear. $200 doc $19 for temp tag/notary.

Aaron at Mark Dodge in Louisiana is a straight shooter and what he has posted here is exactly what he is telling me directly. I haven't pulled the trigger yet with him but I'm close.

69Safari

Reaction score
CAUTION: I've had two dealerships make a mistake on the Configuration Preview builds. They priced in XHC, Trailer Brake Control ($295 MSRP) even though I had AHC, Trailer Tow Group ($995 MSRP). The Trailer Brake Control is included as part of the Trailer Control Group. I think it's a glitch in the RAM system they use as the computer should have caught that. Both dealerships acknowledged the goof and sent me updated Config Previews.

Sam_PB

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, looking to get my 2021 Big Horn from Lakeland. Does anyone have Mike's contact info.
Thank you.

Greg305

Reaction score
CAUTION: I've had two dealerships make a mistake on the Configuration Preview builds. They priced in XHC, Trailer Brake Control ($295 MSRP) even though I had AHC, Trailer Tow Group ($995 MSRP). The Trailer Brake Control is included as part of the Trailer Control Group. I think it's a glitch in the RAM system they use as the computer should have caught that. Both dealerships acknowledged the goof and sent me updated Config Previews.
Also happened to me with a order with Craig on 11/6 . I brought it to his attention and he said when the truck comes in and we finalize the paperwork., he would remove the $295.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aaron at Mark Dodge in Louisiana is a straight shooter and what he has posted here is exactly what he is telling me directly. I haven't pulled the trigger yet with him but I'm close.
Aaron was one of the many at Mark Dodge that I worked with. The entire staff was awesome. I have zero complaints and will promote them as a dealer, based on the way they took care of me.

AK103

Reaction score
AK, when did you get a quote from Craig? I'm curious as it seems Koons is slowly screwing around w/ the special order pricing to bring them in line w/ how they price trucks on the lot. I did see someone else who had the destination added back in when they did a special order, but they clearly stated they were working w/ a different salesperson.

Sept or Oct -
I ordered my truck from Lakeland Nov.

I was going back and forth with Craig.

Grouper

Reaction score
I picked up my truck from Koons/Craig yesterday and drove back to FL. Here's the long and the short of it:

The price I was quoted prior to arriving was honored and the destination charge was not added back in. And again, this price was not "available" with promotional financing rates, which I wasn't told at the time I placed the order.

I qualified for $1500 in rebates ($1500 Bonus Cash and $1000 Conquest). When I sat down with Craig, the rebates line item was showing $4500 (not $2500), yet the bottom line (unpaid balance) was the same as agreed to. So, there is some manipulation of the "above the line" numbers. The line item "market value" on my original quote was FWP minus 6.5%. The "market value" number on the final paperwork was different, I assume in order to make the bottom line math work with the $4500 in rebates shown on the paperwork. Craig said something about dealer coupons to make the deal profitable. I don't really know. That's smoke and mirrors on their end. All that matters is the bottom line number and I paid the quoted price.

The finance guy was nice enough. He saw that I had a PenFed loan lined up at 2.89%. He claimed he could get me a lower rate from a lender outside of CCAP, to "save me money." I wasn't interested in messing with lifting with my credit freezes and yet another credit pull, etc. In the end, I will repay the PenFed loan in a few months, so I'm not leaving much if anything on the table with a slightly higher interest rate. Maybe he could have gotten a better rate. Who knows, but it was a moot point for me.

The finance guy also tried to sell a number of extended warranties, which I declined. He also tried to sell some kind of four-year scheduled maintenance plan that miraculously went from around $2500 to $1500 to $750 over the course of five minutes. I declined.

One last point; the truck was delivered with the wrong wheels. Craig's initial attitude was simply "this is the build order you signed." But I dug through our email exchanges and showed him the PDF build from the Ram site that he asked for at the time the order was placed, which showed the other wheels, as well as some other exchanges specifically discussing the wheels. My feeling is that he was reluctant to admit wrongdoing but ultimately, after digging through his computer, offered a mea culpa and an apology.

If I cared more about the wheels, I might have pressed the issue. In the end, I simply wanted him to acknowledge that it was his mistake and not mine, and ultimately, he did.

Lastly, they have you sign some ridiculous document stating you will provide all "tens and yeses" in response to the online survey. This is disingenuous at best but makes for a good laugh.

Oh, and the 33 gallon tank is awesome. I stopped for fuel only once.

Trip.jpg

Last edited:

AK103

Reaction score
They’re offering 6% below invoice including using a rebate from Chrysler capital. I’m ordering trucks at that pricing or better depending on the Msrp, without using ANY rebates. You do not have to finance with Chrysler to get that. You should also get pricing based on no rebates and then be able to add rebates when the truck arrives.

[email protected]

Nope, Lakeland is doing 7% off invoice. BEFORE INCENTIVES AND REBATES.
So it's 7% off invoice plus rebates/incentives.
(I think you're thinking of Criswell or Koons)

Haven't seen anyone beat that.

AK103

Reaction score
I picked up my truck from Koons/Craig yesterday and drove back to FL. Here's the long and the short of it:

The price I was quoted prior to arriving was honored and the destination charge was not added back in. And again, I wasn't told when I placed the order that this price would not be honored if choosing to take advantage of available promotional financing rates (0%).

I qualified for $1500 in rebates ($1500 Bonus Cash and $1000 Conquest). When I sat down with Craig, the rebates line item was showing $4500 (not $2500), yet the bottom line (unpaid balance) was the same as agreed to. So, there is some manipulation of the "above the line" numbers. The line item "market value" on my original quote was FWP minus 6.5%. The "market value" number on the final paperwork was different, I assume in order to make the bottom line math work with the $4500 in rebates shown on the paperwork. Craig said something about dealer coupons to make the deal profitable. I don't really know. That's smoke and mirrors on their end. All that matters is the bottom line number and I paid the quoted price.

The finance guy was nice enough. He saw that I had a PenFed loan lined up at 2.89%. He claimed he could get me a lower rate from a lender outside of CCAP, to "save me money." I wasn't interested in messing with lifting with my credit freezes and yet another credit pull, etc. In the end, I will repay the PenFed loan in a few months, so I'm not leaving much if anything on the table with a slightly higher interest rate. Maybe he could have gotten a better rate. Who knows, but it was a moot point for me.

The finance guy also tried to sell a number of extended warranties, which I declined. He also tried to sell some kind of four-year scheduled maintenance plan that miraculously went from around $2500 to $1500 to $750 over the course of five minutes. I declined.

One last point; the truck was delivered with the wrong wheels. Craig's initial attitude was simply "this is the build order you signed." But I dug through our email exchanges and showed him the PDF build from the Ram site that he asked for at the time the order was placed, which showed the other wheels, as well as some other exchanges specifically discussing the wheels. My feeling is that he was reluctant to admit wrongdoing but ultimately, after digging through his computer, offered a mea culpa and an apology.

If I cared more about the wheels, I might have pressed the issue. In the end, I simply wanted him to acknowledge that it was his mistake and not mine, and ultimately, he did.

Lastly, they have you sign some ridiculous document stating you will provide all "tens and yeses" in response to the online survey. This is disingenuous at best but makes for a good laugh.

View attachment 76962

Glad you had a safe trip home!
Share some pictures of the new truck!

rtslab

Reaction score

The price I was quoted prior to arriving was honored and the destination charge was not added back in. And again, I wasn't told when I placed the order that this price would not be honored if choosing to take advantage of available promotional financing rates (0%).

Oh, and the 33 gallon tank is awesome. I stopped for fuel only once.

View attachment 76962
Congrats! They did not give you a full fuel tank? :)

Users who are viewing this thread