5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

AK103

Reaction score
There were $2000 - $2500 incentives in November but I'm seeing none on the RAM website so far for December which has halted me in my tracks from ordering my Laramie.
They're still updating on the site.

AK103

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been a lurker in the forum for a couple months. Just wondering if anyone knows of December incentives on the rebel? Finally picking up my build today and being the first of the month not sure what to expect? Thanks!

They should be fully up on the site by Dec 3rd.
But atm they don't look too great.

emings

Reaction score
Good morning, first post, getting ready to get out of my Tacoma as my kids are too big for the back! Looking to get opinions on this deal.
2020 Big Horn CC 4x4
MSRP $57, 840
Dealer discounts $11,127 and $500 military
Price $46,213
Roughly hair over 20% off MSRP. Being a leftover '20, you think theres any more meat to take off the bone? Its fairly well optioned:
-Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seats
-Premium Lighting Group
-North Edition
-Big Horn Level 2 Group
-5.7 etorque
-9 spkr w/sub
-UConnect 12 in w/Nav
20 in chrome clad wheels
-Blind spot and cross path
-RamBox cargo mgmt

What do ya'll think?
I got 18% off my Lonestar(bighorn) back in September with inventory on the 2020s being so low I dont think there is anymore meat on that bone take the deal if it's what you want

phil233

Reaction score
There were $2000 - $2500 incentives in November but I'm seeing none on the RAM website so far for December which has halted me in my tracks from ordering my Laramie.
The same thing happened last month. It takes a day or two for the incentives to get listed. I am sure there will be new incentives. You just don't know if they will be better or worse.

MurphDogg

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post here. I read through the past couple months of posts on this thread and found it really helpful in my search so I wanted to contribute another data point. I took home a 2021 Big Horn this past weekend and here is my breakdown:

2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 5'7" Bed
  • Granite Crystal Metallic
  • Big Horn Package 25Z
  • Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
  • Night Edition
  • Protection Group
  • Premium Lighting Group
  • 9 Speaker Alpine System with Subwoofer
  • 8.4" Display with Navigation
  • Trailer Brake Control
  • Real Wheelhouse Liners
  • Rear Under-Seat Storage
MSRP $54,670
Invoice $51,447
Dealer Price $50,460 (1.92% off Invoice, 7.7% off MSRP)
Rebates $7,000
Out the Door $43,460 (20.5% off MSRP)

Purchased from Pearl CJDR in Peotone, IL.

Breakdown of Rebates:
  • 21CM1 2021 National Retail Consumer Cash $1,000
  • 51CM1 2021 Midwest Retail Consumer Cash $500
  • MWCM5 Midwest Chrysler Capital 2021 Bonus Cash $500
  • 20CM5 Chrysler Capital 2021 Bonus Cash $500
  • 43CMW3 2020 RAM Online Private Offer $1,500
  • MWCMP Midwest BC Black Friday Retail Bonus Cash $500
  • 21CMA1 National 2021 Retail Bonus Cash $2,500
I was also eligible for the Perkspot/TrueCar rebate through my employer but they would not stack it with the $1500 RAM Online Private Offer.

Boston

Reaction score
Thanks for that report. It seems the days of 20% or close to it off are gone. Either they cannot satisfy demand or manufacturers have intentionally throttled down production levels to keep prices high.
New prices are higher than ever. Used prices to....

TaterRam

Reaction score
I took the Nestea plunge and purchased a truck yesterday on the last day of the month. It's a Lone Star 4x4 with BTS package, 33-gal tank, trailer brake controller, Lone Star Package 1, 3.92 ratio, remote start, and ram boxes.

MSRP was $53050 and my price before TTL was $41960, which is about 21% off. I had $5500 in incentives ($3500 in two standard incentives for the bighorn/lonestar, $500 for financing with the dealer, and the $1500 pop up incentive from the Ram website). Before rebates and fees it was only about 5.6% below invoice, but the fees were only $299, so the price was about what you would get ordering from Koons or Criswell.
Nice pickup and nice deal. I picked up my BTS last week, they are slick. Anvil or Silver?

Dontra

Reaction score
Got a pop up any one want it? need first last name email zip. PM first gets it. It is gone, it was for 1500

Last edited:

EEnginerd

Reaction score
I wish I had your patience. The second they started the fck-fck games, I'd kindly ask for my deposit back (or just file a claim, my credit card company is awesome) on my way out the door. I would like a new truck, but certainly don't need one.
TL;DR Fck-fck games were played, so I walked away from Koon's at Tysons.

First, they wouldn't take off the double charge for the destination fee. No problem, because of this board, I was expecting some debauchery. But then they wouldn't apply the cash bonus because they said it was already included in the initial offer. After a little back and forth (after I told them that I could walk away), the big boss wanted to "make it right" by splitting the difference to $750.

Unfortunately I am a stubborn person and I had my heart set on the whole $1500 coming off ever since @z0n3 posted its availability last week. I told him thanks but no thanks. After more minutes passed, and they were still playing with my credit card, I said that I could just pay cash if he took the $1500 off. He politely declined. A few more minutes passed, and he said he could make it work if I financed. I thought about it for a second and asked about penalties or fees, and he said no early pay off fee, etc. I said sure, depending on the rate. Good! Back on track! Started filling out the credit application, and told the salesman that the APR needed to be 0%, because that was the website incentive for the Tradesman. I was told that they couldn't sell me the truck at that price with 0% APR. The deal finally died.

But I must say, the hour and a half it took them to put my deposit back on my credit card allowed me to re-evaluated my requirements for a vehicle. I think I'm going to go with a car with a V8 instead of a truck. I sure wish the Pontiac G8 was still being made...

For the record, it only took a month and a couple days from ordering to arriving at the dealership. Anybody need a Max steel Metallic Tradesman with 3.92 gears with a 33 Gallon Tank? Lol! So close....
628550171.jpg
IMG_20201201_175829.jpg
IMG_20201201_192952.jpg

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have a pop up available for a discount. PM me and the first to respond, I'll contact you for your details to populate for the certificate.

slatersan

Reaction score
It's weird that these VA dealers do the double destination bit. I've not seen that elsewhere , but admittedly haven't looked outside NC/SC/VA. What's weird is that the VA dealers, at least Late Summer/Early Fall, had far and away the best inventory and pricing within a 6 or 7 hr radius of me, even if they had a lower dealer discount and not double destination charge ( same thing as a big dealer discount and double destination.)

jai91

Reaction score

First, they wouldn't take off the double charge for the destination fee. No problem, because of this board, I was expecting some debauchery. But then they wouldn't apply the cash bonus because they said it was already included in the initial offer. After a little back and forth (after I told them that I could walk away), the big boss wanted to "make it right" by splitting the difference to $750.

Unfortunately I am a stubborn person and I had my heart set on the whole $1500 coming off ever since @z0n3 posted its availability last week. I told him thanks but no thanks. After more minutes passed, and they were still playing with my credit card, I said that I could just pay cash if he took the $1500 off. He politely declined. A few more minutes passed, and he said he could make it work if I financed. I thought about it for a second and asked about penalties or fees, and he said no early pay off fee, etc. I said sure, depending on the rate. Good! Back on track! Started filling out the credit application, and told the salesman that the APR needed to be 0%, because that was the website incentive for the Tradesman. I was told that they couldn't sell me the truck at that price with 0% APR. The deal finally died.

But I must say, the hour and a half it took them to put my deposit back on my credit card allowed me to re-evaluated my requirements for a vehicle. I think I'm going to go with a car with a V8 instead of a truck. I sure wish the Pontiac G8 was still being made...

For the record, it only took a month and a couple days from ordering to arriving at the dealership. Anybody need a Max steel Metallic Tradesman with 3.92 gears with a 33 Gallon Tank? Lol! So close....
View attachment 75419
View attachment 75420
View attachment 75422

Did you deal with Craig? I placed an order via him that will hopefully arrive in December, but based on your word about the $1500 bonus cash not being accepted I am less than thrilled.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 75419
View attachment 75420
View attachment 75422
Unfortunate they tried to play games with you. Glad you chose what was right for you! Best of luck going on the hunt for a new vehicle!

baccigalup

Reaction score

View attachment 75419
View attachment 75420
View attachment 75422
You already were way more than 6 percent under invoice that everyone here is getting amd you look to be arund 18 percent under msrp...they probably.wer losing money on the deal with the ram bonus cash but thats not supposed to be part of anything else...hope thats not a bad sign for rest of us

laramie4x4

Reaction score
You already were way more than 6 percent under invoice that everyone here is getting amd you look to be arund 18 percent under msrp...they probably.wer losing money on the deal with the ram bonus cash but thats not supposed to be part of anything else...hope thats not a bad sign for rest of us
I agree. the draw of Koons is that everyone gets the same price period.

EEnginerd

Reaction score
...they probably.wer losing money on the deal with the ram bonus cash but thats not supposed to be part of anything else...
My point exactly! If they told me up front that they had already deducted $1500, then let me know that I wasn't going to get any additional rebates/incentives, I would have been able to make an informed decision then. But, in line with salesmen being salesmen, they had to try to take advantage and play their goofy games.

EEnginerd

Reaction score
Did you deal with Craig? I placed an order via him that will hopefully arrive in December, but based on your word about the $1500 bonus cash not being accepted I am less than thrilled.
I did not deal with Craig.

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Nice pickup and nice deal. I picked up my BTS last week, they are slick. Anvil or Silver?
Silver...most of the anvils that I saw didn't have all my build requirements, but a few silvers popped up and I was able to get two dealers to compete. I'm really digging the truck so far. I've been looking at the Rams for over a year, but only recently (the last couple months) became aware of the BTS package. I'm glad I got one.

Users who are viewing this thread