5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you.....now i have two of them 1500 qnd a thousand dollar one. I hope they are stackable
I don’t think you’ll be able to stack them. I just purchased my 2021 and could only use one of my $1500 bonus cash certificates. It’s worth a shot but I wouldn’t count on it.

baccigalup

Reaction score
I don’t think you’ll be able to stack them. I just purchased my 2021 and could only use one of my $1500 bonus cash certificates. It’s worth a shot but I wouldn’t count on it.
Yeah im not holding my breath. I still have the bonusdrive and theres a perkspot award for 500 that shoukd work..ill be happy if i can use thenperkspot on top of the ram one...i coukdbt find the sams club one it looked tied to truecar and buying thru the program i might call them monday and see..i pick mine up next week so im praying december brings a few incentives

Lyncdead

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2020 Longhorn. Seems like the dealer doesn't want to do any negotiation over the phone/email besides offering the below. Its basically the advertised employee price and rebates. My basic math skills show it to be about 19.2% off msrp.

Question is... What have you all been targeting for dealer discount to add on top of the advertised employee discount? Should I be pushing for dealer discount and if so what is a good starting point and how far can I go? While 19.2% off seems ok, that is just the advertised offer with rebates. I really want to push for some dealer discount but don't know how far to push. Also just figured out the truck has been on the lot since June so perhaps that would work in my favor.

On a side note, I assume I can combine the bonus cash offer (from website) with the employee promo and lease rebate offer, please correct me if I am wrong.

2020 Longhorn
MSRP - 69190
Employee promo - 60616
Lease rebates - 3250
Bonus cash - 1500
Total before tax, title/reg. doc fee, etc. - 55866

Thanks in advance.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah im not holding my breath. I still have the bonusdrive and theres a perkspot award for 500 that shoukd work..ill be happy if i can use thenperkspot on top of the ram one...i coukdbt find the sams club one it looked tied to truecar and buying thru the program i might call them monday and see..i pick mine up next week so im praying december brings a few incentives
Best of luck to you, hope you are able to maximize your bonus cash and rebates improve. If not the 0% financing is awfully nice.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all. Working with a dealer right now on a 2021 Rebel 4x4. Looking for opinions on the current deal I have worked up. I received a $1500 certificate from Dodge, so this was included. The MSRP of the truck is currently at $60k, and including that certificate, I have a price of about $48500, plus tax tags and license.

Is 19% off MSRP a good price for a 2021 Rebel? I'm thinking it is. Thanks

NJT3

Reaction score
Fineprint in email says can only use 1 certificate per household, email, mailing address... But will stack on any other rebate/invectives but you have to take delivery of the vehicle before it expires. On the day you come to close and pickup the deal you should have all the national rebate codes when you put the order in, any new national + regional + dealership codes and all coupons and take the better of all the invectives... You are guaranteed at time of order only the national rebates... At time of pickup you can also get any of the regional and dealership rebates and coupons

emings

Reaction score
Hey all. Working with a dealer right now on a 2021 Rebel 4x4. Looking for opinions on the current deal I have worked up. I received a $1500 certificate from Dodge, so this was included. The MSRP of the truck is currently at $60k, and including that certificate, I have a price of about $48500, plus tax tags and license.

19% is a really good deal

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked with Koons, they are not able to order Southwest package. I'll check Mark Dodge in LA.

TY
Sorry, I didn't see that you asked for the SW package. I believe those are only sold in Texas and surrounding states. I see that Mark Dodge does have one on the lot and one in transit...so, they should be able to order one.

baccigalup

Reaction score

Yep. Good deal
Here is about what i see
10 percent off msrp is roughly dealer invoice. 11 percent is affiliate pricing and 12 is about employee pricing......koons and criswell do a special group deal thats about 4 to 7 percrnt under invoice..making it better than affiliate and employee and puts you about 14 percent under msrp......not many dealers are gonna match that....add rebates and bonus cash and you can get to 20 maybe 22 percent.....
Go buy a tundra for 1 percent under invoice..bet you cant.
So yes rams are pricey and the gimmick rebates make you feel good you are getting a steal...my dog feels good when i say good girl and give her a treat too...but shes still a dog and pees on the floor once in a while...and the ram is still an overpriced truck thats gonna set you back a pretty penny...id be very happy with 19 percent

Last edited:

F143744

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2020 Longhorn. Seems like the dealer doesn't want to do any negotiation over the phone/email besides offering the below. Its basically the advertised employee price and rebates. My basic math skills show it to be about 19.2% off msrp.

Question is... What have you all been targeting for dealer discount to add on top of the advertised employee discount? Should I be pushing for dealer discount and if so what is a good starting point and how far can I go? While 19.2% off seems ok, that is just the advertised offer with rebates. I really want to push for some dealer discount but don't know how far to push. Also just figured out the truck has been on the lot since June so perhaps that would work in my favor.

On a side note, I assume I can combine the bonus cash offer (from website) with the employee promo and lease rebate offer, please correct me if I am wrong.

2020 Longhorn
MSRP - 69190
Employee promo - 60616
Lease rebates - 3250
Bonus cash - 1500
Total before tax, title/reg. doc fee, etc. - 55866

Thanks in advance.
I got about 17% off sticker on my 2020 Limited, two weeks ago. Good through end of month November. Also, got $68k trade-in on a $58k truck, I’m happy.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got about 17% off sticker on my 2020 Limited, two weeks ago. Good through end of month November. Also, got $68k trade-in on a $58k truck, I’m happy.
That’s amazing, definitely curious to hear more....

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger today on a 2021 Rebel 4x4. I have to say that the process of purchasing through Mark Dodge was so smooth and painless that I may need to consider buying all future cars from them. The MSRP was $59,765. My price before TTL is $48,465. Total fees paid to the dealer are less than $225 (doc fee, notary fee, temp tag fee).

I will recommend Mark Dodge to anyone looking at buying a vehicle. I believe their best prices are only on in stock vehicles, but I could be wrong, so you may want to check with them.

aconley467

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been a lurker in the forum for a couple months. Just wondering if anyone knows of December incentives on the rebel? Finally picking up my build today and being the first of the month not sure what to expect? Thanks!

htownbrewer

Reaction score
I took the Nestea plunge and purchased a truck yesterday on the last day of the month. It's a Lone Star 4x4 with BTS package, 33-gal tank, trailer brake controller, Lone Star Package 1, 3.92 ratio, remote start, and ram boxes.

MSRP was $53050 and my price before TTL was $41960, which is about 21% off. I had $5500 in incentives ($3500 in two standard incentives for the bighorn/lonestar, $500 for financing with the dealer, and the $1500 pop up incentive from the Ram website). Before rebates and fees it was only about 5.6% below invoice, but the fees were only $299, so the price was about what you would get ordering from Koons or Criswell.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been a lurker in the forum for a couple months. Just wondering if anyone knows of December incentives on the rebel? Finally picking up my build today and being the first of the month not sure what to expect? Thanks!
There were $2000 - $2500 incentives in November but I'm seeing none on the RAM website so far for December which has halted me in my tracks from ordering my Laramie.

TxAg98

Reaction score
Good morning, first post, getting ready to get out of my Tacoma as my kids are too big for the back! Looking to get opinions on this deal.
2020 Big Horn CC 4x4
MSRP $57, 840
Dealer discounts $11,127 and $500 military
Price $46,213
Roughly hair over 20% off MSRP. Being a leftover '20, you think theres any more meat to take off the bone? Its fairly well optioned:
-Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seats
-Premium Lighting Group
-North Edition
-Big Horn Level 2 Group
-5.7 etorque
-9 spkr w/sub
-UConnect 12 in w/Nav
20 in chrome clad wheels
-Blind spot and cross path
-RamBox cargo mgmt

What do ya'll think?

EEnginerd

Reaction score
Good morning, first post, getting ready to get out of my Tacoma as my kids are too big for the back! Looking to get opinions on this deal.
2020 Big Horn CC 4x4
MSRP $57, 840
Dealer discounts $11,127 and $500 military
Price $46,213
Roughly hair over 20% off MSRP. Being a leftover '20, you think theres any more meat to take off the bone? Its fairly well optioned:
-Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seats
-Premium Lighting Group
-North Edition
-Big Horn Level 2 Group
-5.7 etorque
-9 spkr w/sub
-UConnect 12 in w/Nav
20 in chrome clad wheels
-Blind spot and cross path
-RamBox cargo mgmt

What do ya'll think?
Was that a rhetorical question? Or have you not read a single page of this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread