5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TaterRam

Reaction score
Billet Silver diesel with a lot of add-ons.

If I remember correctly, you are in the PNW. Depending on your willingness to fly, Lithia of Spokane had a Billet Silver BTS with ED, pretty much all optioned out.

EDIT: I have no experience with the dealer, or what kind of deal they might offer.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
I just received a $1500 bonus cash from ram. Can I combine this you think with the current $1000 national retail consumer cash and the $500 retail cash bonus or is this essentially the same thing? I take delivery in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 29AABF25-B6CC-4DDB-A50F-C70CEA8307D6.jpeg
    29AABF25-B6CC-4DDB-A50F-C70CEA8307D6.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 52

Silent Bob

Reaction score
My lowest cost I have found on my new RAM is 5% under factory invoice, plus any and all rebates I can find. Should I keep searching or go with this?

Anyone buying a new vehicle should read this article. It has great information. TrueCar says people are happier paying more at their website than finding a better deal elsewhere. They are the worst.

TaterRam

Reaction score
I just received a $1500 bonus cash from ram. Can I combine this you think with the current $1000 national retail consumer cash and the $500 retail cash bonus or is this essentially the same thing? I take delivery in a couple weeks.

i got the same thing last week. I understand that those stack on top of most other factory rebates, as long as the dealer goes for it. It’s not money out of the dealers pocket so they shouldn’t squawk about it.
What I would like to know is if you can stack it with the true car rebate.

Paultg

Reaction score
That's exactly it.
It's already in the MSRP.

They're adding it again, as an additional fee.
Hoping you wouldn't realize it's already part of the MSRP.
I wouldn’t actually argue over it, just tell them what your final offer is and walk. Deduct that fee and change their stupid process fee to what you are willing to pay. Then just tell them.

When you point out what you think is an error and they say it’s not they think you are just going to cave.

Just review the paperwork and decide what the final price needs to be. Cut to the chase.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I'm negotiating with a dealer right now and I'm at 16% off MSRP but they are refusing to remove that destination charge. Their claim is that all dealers charge it.
I ran into that myself and just decided to accept it as it was still a significantly better deal than I got anywhere else.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Destination charges are typically not negotiable. In fact, even customers who arrange to take delivery of a vehicle at the factory are expected to pay the full destination charge. You should obviously not be charged for it twice however. It is already included in both the MSRP and Factory Invoice (FWP) price.

The destination charge is the same for a particular vehicle no matter where the dealership is located (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii in some instances). That's because manufacturers average the cost to ship a vehicle from the factory to the furthest dealership with the cost to ship a vehicle from the factory to the closest dealership. Some manufacturers do this for each model; others average costs across an entire make.

Destination charges are taxable, so the destination charge is added to the price of the vehicle before sales tax is calculated.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
i got the same thing last week. I understand that those stack on top of most other factory rebates, as long as the dealer goes for it. It’s not money out of the dealers pocket so they shouldn’t squawk about it.
What I would like to know is if you can stack it with the true car rebate.
I’ll find out in a few weeks I guess. Might call FCA to ask

Kingkong1

Reaction score
What do you think of this deal? Im in new england. I did notice on this forum that Mark Dodge has 15k off a limited. Thats a little better deal but very far away.
2021 Ram Limited 4x4 MSRP 72640
Sale price 59,419. +tax, dmv
18.3% off

Thanks

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
What do you think of this deal? Im in new england. I did notice on this forum that Mark Dodge has 15k off a limited. Thats a little better deal but very far away.
18.3% off

Thanks
I got 12k off my 66.4k limited in sep 2020 for a 2020 model. I believe that is a good deal for a 2021 while we are still CY2020, as long as they are fair on your trade if you have one.

baccigalup

Reaction score
I got a 1000 bonus..about a week and half ago...i wonder how they pick them..was i last on the list for olds discounts??? Im gonna research that one. I got the rqm bonus plus a 500 bonus from work discounts plus there is 250 bonusdrive bonus.....ill take them all.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
18.3% off

Thanks
which dealer you are at? I'm too in NE and are finding no way near that

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Reaction score
Hey guys, the forum took my last post out because I can't advertise my dealer here and is totally understandable. Just reach out and get some great deals on new Ram trucks. This will be with the affiliation before mentioned on my last post. Here is my contact information. I prefer email. I will get back at you as quick as possible.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 380
Email: [email protected]

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the PENFED $1K Bonus Cash and $500 Bonus Drive Programs?

Malodave

The $1000 is probably just the current factory incentive. The $500 Bonus Drive is actually $250 for RAM now.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the PENFED $1K Bonus Cash and $500 Bonus Drive Programs?

Malodave
Need to be a Pen Fed member for 60 days, then you fill an online form for a code for $1k off. Bonus Drive is $250 now. Been 6 weeks and haven't received mine yet.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but has anyone gotten any financial rates from Chrysler? I’m taking delivery within 2 weeks and want to be ready. I have a pre-approval Im just wondering if I should look at another bank also. My score is around 730. I’m driving 5hrs so I don’t want to feel rushed while I’m there. Don’t want to waste my hard credit hit for $500 incentives if they are going to be around 4-5%

Last edited:

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
2021 -
Ram Limited 4WD

That 15% is pre incentives and rebates.
But as you mentioned the lower trims have the better rebates/incentives.
So I'll probably get into the 17-18%

That’s pretty good. Better then my true employee pricing (control number... not the Black Friday deals). How did you get them so low? Did they give up the Hold Back?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Need to be a Pen Fed member for 60 days, then you fill an online form for a code for $1k off. Bonus Drive is $250 now. Been 6 weeks and haven't received mine yet.

Is the $1000 only available if you pay the inflated TrueCar price or can it be used on any deal you make?

Users who are viewing this thread