5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

dartbrooks

Reaction score
I am working on ordering a 2021 Ram 1500 Long Horn, 4x4, 6'4" bed. I am in contact with a bunch of high volume dealers throughout the country trying to find the best deal possible. I have found a lot of the west coast dealers don't know about Tread Lightly, PenFed, or the $500 TrueCar Bonus Cash. Are all of these stackable? I haven't joined Tread Lightly or PenFed yet, but will if they can save me money on my deal. I believe Tread Lightly saves you 1% (but costs $100), PenFed gives you $1,000 off, and the TrueCar Bonus Cash is $500 (but expires 30 days after you activate the code). So can I combine all 3 to save around $2,000 off of my deal? Do I need to put the codes in when I order or do I need those codes when I pick it up?

Kpat1984

Reaction score
I am working on ordering a 2021 Ram 1500 Long Horn, 4x4, 6'4" bed. I am in contact with a bunch of high volume dealers throughout the country trying to find the best deal possible. I have found a lot of the west coast dealers don't know about Tread Lightly, PenFed, or the $500 TrueCar Bonus Cash. Are all of these stackable? I haven't joined Tread Lightly or PenFed yet, but will if they can save me money on my deal. I believe Tread Lightly saves you 1% (but costs $100), PenFed gives you $1,000 off, and the TrueCar Bonus Cash is $500 (but expires 30 days after you activate the code). So can I combine all 3 to save around $2,000 off of my deal? Do I need to put the codes in when I order or do I need those codes when I pick it up?
I was told true car and tread lightly won’t stack

AK103

Reaction score

They don't stack sadly.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also...whenever you order, tread lightly discount only is available after 30 days of signing up.

Owner of a 20 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

DoubleA24

Reaction score
Alrighty RAM Fam... I've attached the best offer I currently have on the table. I feel like I'm getting a hell of a deal based on what I'm seeing in this thread. This is for a new '21 Rebel with the 5.7 Hemi that is pretty damn loaded. They actually have two on the lot that are identical other than one being White and the other Billet. Specs:

Tech Group
Trailer-Tow Group
Advanced Safety Group
Night Edition
Rebel 12
Rebel Level 2 Group
Tri-Fold Tonneau
Electronic Transfer Case
Panoramic Sunroof
Both sets of graphics (I could live without them)
33 Gallon Tank
Blind Spot and Rear Cross Traffic
Spray-in Bedliner

Questions:
Am I actually getting as good a deal as I think I am?
Also, can I stack being Military and PenFed? I thought I saw a discount for my wife being a front line working (healthcare), but that must have been dealer specific.
Finally, should I be fighting the Destination Charge since it's already part of the MSRP per the window sticker?

Attachments

• 126504869_10225214011598974_854948764145769820_o.jpg
    126504869_10225214011598974_854948764145769820_o.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 141

Vince Shanahan

Reaction score
I been looking at a Laramie and i have a Bighorn t went for a little over 46k the i put down around 12 trade included. my truck has a New bed liner, running boards and just under 4k miles and the dealer offer me 32 k
what is a fair offer on a 2020 Bighorn equipment group one.

emings

Reaction score
Alrighty RAM Fam... I've attached the best offer I currently have on the table. I feel like I'm getting a hell of a deal based on what I'm seeing in this thread. This is for a new '21 Rebel with the 5.7 Hemi that is pretty damn loaded. They actually have two on the lot that are identical other than one being White and the other Billet. Specs:

Tech Group
Trailer-Tow Group
Advanced Safety Group
Night Edition
Rebel 12
Rebel Level 2 Group
Tri-Fold Tonneau
Electronic Transfer Case
Panoramic Sunroof
33 Gallon Tank
Spray-in Bedliner

Questions:
Also, can I stack being Military and PenFed? I thought I saw a discount for my wife being a front line working (healthcare), but that must have been dealer specific.
Finally, should I be fighting the Destination Charge since it's already part of the MSRP per the window sticker?
That's a good price on a Rebel absolutely get them to take off the destination charge its included in the MSRP

DoubleA24

Reaction score
That's a good price on a Rebel absolutely get them to take off the destination charge its included in the MSRP
Thanks for the reply. That's what someone just told me in the FB group as well. I'll definitely fight that. I'm also not about their outrageous processing fee, but VA doesn't limit that fee, and most dealers here are over 700.

TaterRam

Reaction score

Tech Group
Trailer-Tow Group
Advanced Safety Group
Night Edition
Rebel 12
Rebel Level 2 Group
Tri-Fold Tonneau
Electronic Transfer Case
Panoramic Sunroof
33 Gallon Tank
Spray-in Bedliner

Questions:

id say it’s a good deal. Best I’ve been able to see is a 13% dealer discount and that was on a 2020 Rebel. Not sure what the breakdown is on yours for discount/rebate/incentive but either way I’d say a good deal given the current market.

AK103

Reaction score

Tech Group
Trailer-Tow Group
Advanced Safety Group
Night Edition
Rebel 12
Rebel Level 2 Group
Tri-Fold Tonneau
Electronic Transfer Case
Panoramic Sunroof
33 Gallon Tank
Spray-in Bedliner

Questions:

Even with them hitting you with destination charge twice, that's still a really good price on a rebel.

WiLLc

Reaction score
I'm negotiating with a dealer right now and I'm at 16% off MSRP but they are refusing to remove that destination charge. Their claim is that all dealers charge it.

AK103

Reaction score
I'm negotiating with a dealer right now and I'm at 16% off MSRP but they are refusing to remove that destination charge. Their claim is that all dealers charge it.
100% not true.
You're welcome to look at my invoice.

emings

Reaction score
That's a lie and it makes me wonder what else they're hiding from you

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Hoping someone can clarify the destination charge discussion. Are people referring to the situation where the dealer adds it as a separate line item on the sales invoice when it's already included in the sticker MSRP (in other words, double-billing the destination charge)? Have people been able to get the destination charge removed entirely from the invoice (not even charged once)? Thanks.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Anyone try to order a factory build, Built to Serve? Is it even possible to custom build one?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hoping someone can clarify the destination charge discussion. Are people referring to the situation where the dealer adds it as a separate line item on the sales invoice when it's already included in the sticker MSRP (in other words, double-billing the destination charge)? Have people been able to get the destination charge removed entirely from the invoice (not even charged once)? Thanks.
They make it look like they gave you a bigger discount by taking it off, Then charge it again on a separate line item.
It is meant to confuse people about the real Numbers.

Malodave

TaterRam

Reaction score
Anyone try to order a factory build, Built to Serve? Is it even possible to custom build one?

I tried with 3 dealers and all said "nope". Buried over in the BTS dedicated thread there is a member who apparently was able to order through his friend who was a GM. General consensus is dealers get what they get form RAM on those. You after a certain color?

AK103

Reaction score

That's exactly it.
It's already in the MSRP.

They're adding it again, as an additional fee.
Hoping you wouldn't realize it's already part of the MSRP.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
I tried with 3 dealers and all said "nope". Buried over in the BTS dedicated thread there is a member who apparently was able to order through his friend who was a GM. General consensus is dealers get what they get form RAM on those. You after a certain color?
Billet Silver diesel with a lot of add-ons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread