5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BigBlue392

Reaction score
Not a good deal in my opinion.

On my custom order 2021 Limited the discount is nearly 15% off MSRP, before incentives/rebates.
Would you please send me the contact info for your salesperson at Lakeland? Thanks

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 9.21
Delivered 11.12

msrp $62,475
+ dealer installed lo jack and other bs 1000
= $63,475
+ dealer fee $489
+ETR fee $99
+ tax $515 ( traded in, Georgia tax break)
$64,578 all in.

- affiliate pricing
- discount
$58,972

Basically 8.6% off.
Hayes CDJR Oakwood, GA
talk to Nick Colburn

View attachment 73950
I know you paid a little more than you should have, but damn...nothing feels better than ordering exactly what you want, and driving home with it 2 months later. I think its a win in my book.. Congrats

Owner of a 20 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
For you guys getting double digits off of MSRP for factory orders. What are you saying to dealers? With out being a jerk, best I have been offered is invoice plus $3000 incentives putting me at about 13% total of off MSRP.

Last edited:

laramie4x4

Reaction score
For you guys getting double digits off of MSRP for factory orders. What are you saying to dealers? With out being a jerk, best I have been offered is invoice plus $3000 incentives putting me at about 13% total of off MARP.
I think that's about it. If you have a control number that's extra 1%, check if your employer has one here:

if not, you can get one by joining treadlight.

Then there is $1000 by joining PenFed, although you have to be a member for 60 days.

After these you should be at 14-15% off, about the best you can get on a factory order.

BTW, where are you located/which dealer? It would be helpful for others in your area.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
My build comes to $59,700.00, dealer said Costco pricing brings it down to $55089.00 minus the incentives - $52,089.00. Incentives: Dealer -$1000.00, RAM Customer Cash - $1000.00, TrueCar $500.00 and there was another $500.00 that I can’t remember off the top of my head. It is Jim Doran outside of Portland, OR.

Last edited:

AK103

Reaction score
For you guys getting double digits off of MSRP for factory orders. What are you saying to dealers? With out being a jerk, best I have been offered is invoice plus $3000 incentives putting me at about 13% total of off MARP.

I've literally contacted over 10 dealerships, trying to get a remotely good deal.
It's impossible down here in South Florida.

Lakeland was the complete opposite of that. Extremely straight forward and easy to deal with.
They give you 7% off invoice, which was roughly 15ish % off MSRP on my build -
That's before rebates and incentives on delivery.

Entire deal was done over email, and extremely straight forward. No surprises.

If Lakeland Florida is too far for you. There's also Koons in VA, or Criswell in Maryland that do 6% off invoice.

In my opinion, if you're going to order a truck they're the only three true options unless you can get a local dealer to match them.
Which most won't, because lets face it - most are low volume, that would rather rip someone off that walks off of the street on the truck.

EGP

Reaction score
For those of you still looking to get a 2020 I will share the deal i finally got after talking to many dealers. I felt it was a fair deal. It is an out of state deal which i did not qualify for rebate and dealer stated on their website that if you don't meet resident requirements they would give it in dealer discount. Well when they were going to do the paperwork they said they would not do it, but would check into it and call me back which he never called so I called back and he would not return my call. Now it became a principle and I got in touch with a higher Mgr who said they could not do it. I told them to remove it from there website because it is misleading and I will keep tabs on it. two days later i got a call from hi boss who said they would do the deal. So I figured it was a fair deal 23.3% from Msrp and then after I will Have it shipped
it will be 21.9%. which I am happy with

Attachments

• 2020.jpg
    2020.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 2020-1.jpg
    2020-1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 112

vancep

Reaction score
For those of you still looking to get a 2020 I will share the deal i finally got after talking to many dealers. I felt it was a fair deal. It is an out of state deal which i did not qualify for rebate and dealer stated on their website that if you don't meet resident requirements they would give it in dealer discount. Well when they were going to do the paperwork they said they would not do it, but would check into it and call me back which he never called so I called back and he would not return my call. Now it became a principle and I got in touch with a higher Mgr who said they could not do it. I told them to remove it from there website because it is misleading and I will keep tabs on it. two days later i got a call from hi boss who said they would do the deal. So I figured it was a fair deal 23.3% from Msrp and then after I will Have it shipped
it will be 21.9%. which I am happy with
Can you upload the pics with better resolution please? can't read any of the figures.... I'm currently trying to negotiate on similar out of state 2020 limited's so this info is super relevant to me. congrats on an amazing deal!

EGP

Reaction score
Can you upload the pics with better resolution please? can't read any of the figures.... I'm currently trying to negotiate on similar out of state 2020 limited's so this info is super relevant to me. congrats on an amazing deal!
have you tried to click on it with your mouse and it should come clear

rrbhokies

Reaction score
How is this for a deal?

2020 Limited
MSRP: $70,915
Negotiated Price: $58,400 (approx. 17.6% discount)
+ Virginia Tax, Tags, and $899 dealer processing fee.
OTD: $61,979

Major options:
Black Crystal Pearl with Night Edition package
Limited Level 1
Bed Utility
Standard V8 (not eTorque)
Dual-pane Sunroof
Multi-Function Tailgate
Trailer Brake Control, 3.92 Rear Axle, Anti-Spin Differential

Truck has pretty much everything I want except for maybe a larger gas tank than the standard 23 gallon tank just so I don't have live at the gas pump :)

Question: How's the ride on the 22's? I've been negotiating through text and phone. I have to still take a final test drive. Anything I should be aware/concerned about? I previously owned a '19 Laramie that had the 20" wheels on them with the Duelers and air-suspension. I had all sorts of issues with ride quality, and they replaced the tires once and constantly had to rebalance them. Will the ride be any better or worse with the 22's and have they resolved most of the issues with the tires/balance, etc.?
Almost ready to pull the trigger on the deal above. Going tomorrow for final test drive before signing all the paperwork. Two final questions. Should I have any concerns with ride quality on the 22's with Goodyear tires? I know there have been issues with the Bridgestone's that are on the 20's. Also, this has the Trailer Tow Mirrors. Are they wider than the standard mirrors? Will be harder to negotiate when turning into tight spots?

EGP

Reaction score
Ya it's a 10kb and 20kb file lol, super low resolutions, typically attached photos are like 500kb+
see if you can open these

Attachments

• img077.pdf
    793.7 KB · Views: 69
  • img078.pdf
    315.5 KB · Views: 53

Overland_Rebel_ATL

Reaction score
I know you paid a little more than you should have, but damn...nothing feels better than ordering exactly what you want, and driving home with it 2 months later. I think its a win in my book.. Congrats

Owner of a 20 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

They gave me A great number on my trade, and saved 4,000 in taxes.

Only extra incentives for 2021 is $1500 but to get this is 6% interest rate - pass.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
They gave me A great number on my trade, and saved 4,000 in taxes.

Only extra incentives for 2021 is $1500 but to get this is 6% interest rate - pass.
Wish I was in your state. In Virginia you pay sales tax on the selling price of the vehicle and get zero tax break on what you trade in.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Wish I was in your state. In Virginia you pay sales tax on the selling price of the vehicle and get zero tax break on what you trade in.
Ouch!!! How is that even legal? Are there many states like that? It's hard to believe that exists when there are several states (including MT where I live) that have no sales tax.

This makes negotiating easier because if you don't like their trade value you can sell it private party without needing to consider the tax efficiency of trading it in for a low offer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Ouch!!! How is that even legal? Are there many states like that? It's hard to believe that exists when there are several states (including MT where I live) that have no sales tax.

This makes negotiating easier because if you don't like their trade value you can sell it private party without needing to consider the tax efficiency of trading it in for a low offer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
It's the same thing with a lease. In Virginia, you pay sales tax on the full price of the vehicle, not just the portion of the truck you are leasing. It's truly double taxation because they collect the sales tax on the next buyer of the truck after the lease is up. Virginia has about a 4.5% sales tax, so on a $70k truck, that's about $3,150. Now other states may have a higher sales tax, so maybe it all balances out in the end.

AK103

Reaction score
It's the same thing with a lease. In Virginia, you pay sales tax on the full price of the vehicle, not just the portion of the truck you are leasing. It's truly double taxation because they collect the sales tax on the next buyer of the truck after the lease is up. Virginia has about a 4.5% sales tax, so on a $70k truck, that's about $3,150. Now other states may have a higher sales tax, so maybe it all balances out in the end.

6% here -
Feel my pain

Overland_Rebel_ATL

Reaction score

Georgia is 6.6% but if you trade in your get 6.6% off the value of your trade So traded in a 60k trade in was $3960 off,
so the taxes basically canceled each other out.

Users who are viewing this thread