5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

slatersan

Reaction score
Here's mine I just finalized today. Flying out tomorrow for a 7hr drive back.
1500 Limited
Msrp 71940
EP 62945
Discount w/dealer financing – 61695
Trade in bonus – 60445
Rebates – 58445
Military – 57945
Doc fee – 363
Total - 58308

I didn't do the trade in so ended up at 59,558 before TTL, at 17.2% off MSRP. Todays rebate/pricing change dropped their price a good amount so I jumped on it.

If I negotiated harder I think I could have gotten another 500-1k off, but I lost out on one before and been looking for a very specific build. Was planning on doing a custom factory order but I'm happy with this one and saved a little money.

The last month I searched all the major cities west of the mississipi. Found some really good deals out there. Only a handful of my specific build. If you were pretty flexible on your build options and willing to travel then 20%+ off is definitely doable. Probably even more so now with the new pricing.

Also this is my first truck since my beater regular cab toyota from college years ago. Stoked!
Nice job. Really solid deal on a limited. Congrats

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Theres no dealer discount, their low price is just MSRP... unless I’m missing something (which is likely)
With EP, all dealers have simply removed dealer discounts and with low rebates, that's amounts to less discounts than last month which has been the trend since March.
Maxwells prices were better earlier in the day when I made that post, don't know if they'd have honored that previous prices unless you were working that deal before the change.

BowDown

Reaction score
Here's mine I just finalized today. Flying out tomorrow for a 7hr drive back.
1500 Limited
Msrp 71940
EP 62945
Discount w/dealer financing – 61695
Trade in bonus – 60445
Rebates – 58445
Military – 57945
Doc fee – 363
Total - 58308

I didn't do the trade in so ended up at 59,558 before TTL, at 17.2% off MSRP. Todays rebate/pricing change dropped their price a good amount so I jumped on it.

If I negotiated harder I think I could have gotten another 500-1k off, but I lost out on one before and been looking for a very specific build. Was planning on doing a custom factory order but I'm happy with this one and saved a little money.

The last month I searched all the major cities west of the mississipi. Found some really good deals out there. Only a handful of my specific build. If you were pretty flexible on your build options and willing to travel then 20%+ off is definitely doable. Probably even more so now with the new pricing.

Also this is my first truck since my beater regular cab toyota from college years ago. Stoked!
Nice, that's about as good as you're going to get the last 8 months. People waiting for deeper discounts are going to be disappointed IMO and have not read this thread

BowDown

Reaction score
Is 20% off msrp still doable with the new "EP"?

Possible, yes, probable, not likely. With EP, dealers have reduced their dealer discounts so prices have increased slightly from last week or even yesterday.

AstroBacon

Reaction score
8-10 weeks is absolutely accurate for build time from order placement to delivery to dealer.
Wow, that makes it hard to plan for incentives. I suspect Dec will look alright, but Jan is a mixed bag.
There are some in stock 1500 Limited's in my area, but none of them have the Trailer Tow Groups, and I really wanted that Trailer TPMS and light check. The reveres steering control would be nice as well, in case my wife has to backup the TT.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that makes it hard to plan for incentives. I suspect Dec will look alright, but Jan is a mixed bag.
There are some in stock 1500 Limited's in my area, but none of them have the Trailer Tow Groups, and I really wanted that Trailer TPMS and light check. The reveres steering control would be nice as well, in case my wife has to backup the TT.
Yeah, when ordering you almost need to really hammer down the price of the truck to a point you are okay with prior to incentives. Plus the rebates/incentives for 2021's are not too great currently. Its more focused on getting 2020's off the lot.

TaterRam

Reaction score
Depends on the savings. I live in Eugene, OR. So if I could get a good deal, 4-5 hours.

Okay. I got quoted by a dealer local to me in SW Idaho for about 6.5% under invoice but that would be longer of a trek for you.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Kernersville likes to include rebates that you might not qualify for in their internet price and pulls the ' Oh, well, you didn't qualify for the conquest discount, so the price is 1k higher" on worksheets. Tried lots of avenues with them and tried to make a deal on a limited that has been sitting since April and will contonue to sit, as it is a v6. They aren't rude, they just don't listen/try to work a deal , when facts and reason would sugges tthey should.

They sell a lot of trucks, so what do I know.
Most internet prices in my area say "our no BS price", they include every possible discount to get you in the door. Of course you wont qualify for them all. A couple list out the discounts which is much better. I love the "2020 Laramie, MSRP $58,020 - our price $42,750. If that were real everyone in the country would buy from them.

slatersan

Reaction score
Most internet prices in my area say "our no BS price", they include every possible discount to get you in the door. Of course you wont qualify for them all. A couple list out the discounts which is much better. I love the "2020 Laramie, MSRP $58,020 - our price $42,750. If that were real everyone in the country would buy from them.
Hit or miss in mine, and Kernersville was particularly stubborn. Got multiple worksheets that never really matched anything close to internet price. Even adding in a Ram 1k email offer, the price on worksheet never matched up. I'm a reasonable person, and halfway intelligent ( i think). Never got good vibes.

The truck in question is still sitting and has since april, when it was priced 3k less than it currently is and 5 k less than when I was trying to make a deal(August). Different time, but still staggering.

ramtruck89

Reaction score
Dealerships near me just updated their site to include EP and dealer discount. Limiteds $70k msrp listed for $52k. Helfman in Houston

laramie4x4

Reaction score
does anyone know what discount Koons had back in January? just curious to know what "normal" looked like

TaterRam

Reaction score
Dealerships near me just updated their site to include EP and dealer discount. Limiteds $70k msrp listed for $52k. Helfman in Houston
Watch out. I just left a dealer that had a similar pricing structure shown. I confirmed on the phone, and with two different sales men once I got their and what do you know, come time to get a sales order going they said there was a glitch and the price was incorrect. By $7k :rolleyes:

BowDown

Reaction score

RiverOaks too, they are owned by the same family

Nice prices, 49K for Level 1 Limiteds

BowDown

Reaction score
Watch out. I just left a dealer that had a similar pricing structure shown. I confirmed on the phone, and with two different sales men once I got their and what do you know, come time to get a sales order going they said there was a glitch and the price was incorrect. By $7k :rolleyes:

Ive dealt with Riveroaks/Helfman, they dont do addons, internet price is what you pay. Ask for Blake Helfman

johnehr

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking here since my 2014 Laramie Crew 4x4 LB was totaled in February. It was hit while parked on the street by an inattentive private snow plow driver on a beautiful sunny non-snowy day.

cf130ff2346813233751de92ea411ae3.jpg

Big bummer. Anyway, I fell in love with the 2020 Longhorn and it’s black and saddle interior. Couldn’t find an existing LB Longhorn in patriot blue with the right set of options then (or any time since then), so had a deal in March to order one with an MSRP of $60,505, dealer discounted price of $53,079, and incentives back then (assuming that they remained similar) of $5,500, bringing the price to $47,579 + TTL. Not too shabby for a crew cab 4x4 LB Longhorn.

Just then the pandemic hit, and I decided like many to wait and a) make sure that I wouldn’t be adversely impacted by the pandemic and b) reap even better incentives as the economy inevitably struggled. Won’t really know if it was the right or wrong move until I see what incentives will apply to the order below. But obviously the big discounting never came, and its a crap shoot anyway on an ordered truck.

So finally today, over 6 months later, I waved the white flag and put my replacement truck on order. 2021 4x4 Longhorn Crew Cab LB, Patriot Blue, 5.7l Hemi V8 w/o e-torque, black and saddle interior, 3.92 axle, anti-spin diff, trailer brake controller, 33 gallon fuel tank, Bed Utility Group. MSRP $60,845, Invoice $55,903, purchase price $53,000 less all incentives/cash/rebates available at time of delivery, plus TTL.

Happy to get the clock ticking, I miss my truck and am still stoked over the Longhorn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked it up on 11/4... love it! Cash incentives nearly non-existent for a 2021 Longhorn this month, so 0% / 60 month financing with a $500 kicker was the only extra value in this deal.

d1cf6cd926314a7700dbadfb80a4f03a.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked it up on 11/4... love it! Cash incentives nearly non-existent for a 2021 Longhorn this month, so 0% / 60 month financing with a $500 kicker was the only extra value in this deal.

d1cf6cd926314a7700dbadfb80a4f03a.jpg

Great looking truck! Congratulations! I checked in with my dealer and the rebates are as you said 60mo 0% with $500 or $1500 in rebates. I hope I can get the 0%. Not sure what kind of credit it’ll require though.

ramtruck89

Reaction score
Waiting on one last dealer to give me a quote on a build but looks like will be ordering my Limited this week.

Was not able to get a quote matching Koons 6% off invoice but was quoted just $1400 more. With this dealer won't have the $899 processing fee and won't have to travel to go get it so comes out to be about the same deal. I am in Houston so travelling to get it would of been a pain.

BoDarville

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with Mac Haik. Got a lease quote via email, but when I tried to close it the price went up $200/month.

Ended up at 20% off MSRP with incentives from a dealer a bit outside of Houston on a '21 Laramie 4x4 with everything I wanted, with no addendum, $200 doc fee, and even better no shenanigans. I'm in AZ but really wanted a SW edition, and just finding a dealer who would even work with me was tough. Picking up on Friday, I can't wait!

Coog61

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with Mac Haik. Got a lease quote via email, but when I tried to close it the price went up $200/month.

Ended up at 20% off MSRP with incentives from a dealer a bit outside of Houston on a '21 Laramie 4x4 with everything I wanted, with no addendum, $200 doc fee, and even better no shenanigans. I'm in AZ but really wanted a SW edition, and just finding a dealer who would even work with me was tough. Picking up on Friday, I can't wait!

What was the issue that caused the increase?
What dealer did you end up using? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread