5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

emings

Reaction score
I've got the current deal from a dealer (I welcome any thoughts):

Lonestar Built-Serve 4x4
MSRP: $53,050
Dealer Discount: $6366 (12% off MSRP)
Invoice: $49,967
Price: $46,684
Dealer add-on: $1845
Rebates: $3500

First, the discount is pretty good, slightly better than a factory order 6% off invoice from Koons, but less than 7% off invoice.

The dealer add-ons seems like BS, so I am going to try and get them to remove it. The breakdown is:
Tint: $299
VIN Etching: $399
Wheel Locks: $249
Nitrogen in Tires: $199
Tire & Wheel Hazard: $699

Rebates: I need to ask more about these. The RAM website indicates up to $5800 available on the Lonestar.
Lol this is the same kind of bs i ran into when buying my lonestar. I live in Houston and all the dealers i talked to had all these additions and absolutely dont want to remove them from the cost. In my opinion dealers entice people into the dealership by what looks like a good dealer discount but then as soon as you negotiate a deal on the truck they hit you with these stupid fees. My truck has all that plus a 2 inch lift. On my deal the dealer removed the cost but i only ended up with a 2500 dollar dealer discount which i was shooting for 6k off. I consider the lift and the tint additions to my percent off because i would have done that aftermarket and instead it didnt cost me anything. I still thing its a crappy way of doing business and i wish dealers would stop doing it.

Last edited:

htownbrewer

Reaction score
By the looks of it the current incentives are $1000 Customer Cash and $2500 Bonus Cash. But the Ram website also shows a $2300 Big Horn / Lone Star Package discount. However, the dealer says this is taken off of the base price of those trucks. On the RAM website it says "Get up to $5800 total value on select 2021 RAM 1500 models". I am not pleased at this, as it is a straight marketing trick. I've asked the dealer to provide the FCA documentation that shows specifically where I am saving this $2300, or I'm walking on the deal we've been working this afternoon.

emings

Reaction score
By the looks of it the current incentives are $1000 Customer Cash and $2500 Bonus Cash. But the Ram website also shows a $2300 Big Horn / Lone Star Package discount. However, the dealer says this is taken off of the base price of those trucks. On the RAM website it says "Get up to $5800 total value on select 2021 RAM 1500 models". I am not pleased at this, as it is a straight marketing trick. I've asked the dealer to provide the FCA documentation that shows specifically where I am saving this $2300, or I'm walking on the deal we've been working this afternoon.
Sounds like to me you're looking at a level 2 equipment group. That 2,300 savings is on the level 2 equipment group not anything else on the truck.

slatersan

Reaction score
My local Kville dealer has pretty decent discounts as well. This example 2021 Limited hemi ET 4x4 is 12% off MSRP though I don’t know the latest incentives other than what I’ve read on this thread and that‘s without any additional negotiations.

Hopefully this info/listing will give someone a better negotiating hand with their dealer.
Kernersville likes to include rebates that you might not qualify for in their internet price and pulls the ' Oh, well, you didn't qualify for the conquest discount, so the price is 1k higher" on worksheets. Tried lots of avenues with them and tried to make a deal on a limited that has been sitting since April and will contonue to sit, as it is a v6. They aren't rude, they just don't listen/try to work a deal , when facts and reason would sugges tthey should.

They sell a lot of trucks, so what do I know.

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Sounds like to me you're looking at a level 2 equipment group. That 2,300 savings is on the level 2 equipment group not anything else on the truck.
Ok. That is what the sales manager also said, and it makes sense, but I think that should be made a little more clear. It is purposely vague and grouped with incentives to make you think it would be an extra incentive. Anyway, now I know.

AK103

Reaction score
Kernersville likes to include rebates that you might not qualify for in their internet price and pulls the ' Oh, well, you didn't qualify for the conquest discount, so the price is 1k higher" on worksheets. Tried lots of avenues with them and tried to make a deal on a limited that has been sitting since April and will contonue to sit, as it is a v6. They aren't rude, they just don't listen/try to work a deal , when facts and reason would sugges tthey should.

They sell a lot of trucks, so what do I know.

That's the problem down here in South Florida.
Very few are willing to deal because they know someone with very little knowledge will walk off the street (usually older) and purchase it.

kwilson0288

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with a dealership on a 2021 Rebel custom build. I'm right where I want to be (even though the fees are ridiculous) but they are saying if they give me this pricing (below), they won't allow me to have whatever FCA rebates are in place at time of delivery. Does that seem right to anyone else? I'm only anticipating FCA rebates to be about $1,000 in Dec or Jan when it delivers, but it still seems strange that they would not allow me to take advantage of those. What do you all think? Should I walk?

MSRP$ 66,625.00
DEALER DISCOUNT$ (10,129.03)
YOUR INTERNET PRICE$ 56,495.97
DEALER INSTALLED ACCESSORIES$ -
Mopar Protection Package$ -
REBATE$ -
PRE TAX SUBTOTAL$ 56,495.97
TRADE ALLOWANCES$ -
TRADE DIFFERENCE$ 56,495.97
PRE DELIVERY SERVICE FEE$ 799.00
ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION FILING FEE$ 199.00
DOCUMENTATION HANDLING FEE$ 199.00
DISPOSAL FEE$ 6.50
SALES TAX (6%)$ 3,511.97
WARRANTY RIGHTS FEE$ 2.00
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX$ -
TAG & TITLE TRANSFER FEE$ 500.00
PAYOFF ON TRADE$ -
TOTAL PRICE$ 61,713.44
CASH FROM CUSTOMER$ -
REBATE$ -
TOTAL DOWN PAYMENT$ -
TOTAL AMOUNT DUE OF FINANCED$ 61,713.44

Nv6425

Reaction score
They are likely going to keep the rebate money themselves. More importantly, what is a $799 pre-delivery inspection fee??

emings

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with a dealership on a 2021 Rebel custom build. I'm right where I want to be (even though the fees are ridiculous) but they are saying if they give me this pricing (below), they won't allow me to have whatever FCA rebates are in place at time of delivery. Does that seem right to anyone else? I'm only anticipating FCA rebates to be about $1,000 in Dec or Jan when it delivers, but it still seems strange that they would not allow me to take advantage of those. What do you all think? Should I walk?

MSRP$ 66,625.00
REBATE$ -
TRADE ALLOWANCES$ -
DISPOSAL FEE$ 6.50
SALES TAX (6%)$ 3,511.97
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX$ -
PAYOFF ON TRADE$ -
TOTAL PRICE$ 61,713.44
CASH FROM CUSTOMER$ -
REBATE$ -
TOTAL DOWN PAYMENT$ -
10k off a Rebel is a pretty good deal

FutureRebel

Reaction score

MSRP$ 66,625.00
REBATE$ -
TRADE ALLOWANCES$ -
DISPOSAL FEE$ 6.50
SALES TAX (6%)$ 3,511.97
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX$ -
PAYOFF ON TRADE$ -
TOTAL PRICE$ 61,713.44
CASH FROM CUSTOMER$ -
REBATE$ -
TOTAL DOWN PAYMENT$ -
Anybody have experience with the Electronic Registration Filing Fee or the Documentation Handle Fee...are those legit...ingot them on my build offer as well. Thinking about asking the dealer to remove as they are already asking for a $800 dealership service fee.

Dadamets

Reaction score
I came across this website from watching these guys on YOUTUBE.

YourAutoAdvocate This site may be helpful to those in the shopping stage. If you click on the upper right corner "Get Access Now" it brings you to their Market Price report (FREE) and allows you after signup (just an email) to see how long the vehicle has been on the lot and the pricing history.

Under tools there is a OTD pricing estimator as well.

I am not in anyway affiliated but have enjoyed watching their youtube content although I have already purchased a Bighorn Quad in SEP2020 @ 35% off MSRP.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post here as I have been reading through a lot of the topics. I live in Oregon and haven't seen any comments from people in the NW. I am looking at a factory ordered Laramie and have been offered invoice minus any rebates that are available at time of delivery. It seems like others are getting better pricing just not sure if there is a dealer out here that is reliable and won't try to jerk someone around. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Coog61

Reaction score
I came across this website from watching these guys on YOUTUBE.

YourAutoAdvocate This site may be helpful to those in the shopping stage. If you click on the upper right corner "Get Access Now" it brings you to their Market Price report (FREE) and allows you after signup (just an email) to see how long the vehicle has been on the lot and the pricing history.

Under tools there is a OTD pricing estimator as well.

I am not in anyway affiliated but have enjoyed watching their youtube content although I have already purchased a Bighorn Quad in SEP2020 @ 35% off MSRP.

I’ve been watch these videos for a while. Interesting that Cargurus says that Texas does not allow them to show price history, but these guys have it. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total

Reaction score

MSRP$ 66,625.00
REBATE$ -
TRADE ALLOWANCES$ -
DISPOSAL FEE$ 6.50
SALES TAX (6%)$ 3,511.97
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX$ -
PAYOFF ON TRADE$ -
TOTAL PRICE$ 61,713.44
CASH FROM CUSTOMER$ -
REBATE$ -
TOTAL DOWN PAYMENT$ -

That's a good deal to me. Even with their bs fees...you're still at $57,692.97 before tax for a truck that is $66,625 MSRP. $61,713.44 OTD ain't bad at all. I wish I got a deal like this before I put in my Rebel order lol. My truck MSRP is at $66.2k. My deal was only $60k before tax and incentives so I expect to pay above $62k OTD.

RamMe

Reaction score

MSRP$ 66,625.00
REBATE$ -
TRADE ALLOWANCES$ -
DISPOSAL FEE$ 6.50
SALES TAX (6%)$ 3,511.97
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX$ -
PAYOFF ON TRADE$ -
TOTAL PRICE$ 61,713.44
CASH FROM CUSTOMER$ -
REBATE$ -
TOTAL DOWN PAYMENT$ -
Maybe its a clue that rebates for Dec - Jan will be big to battle the release of the new F150 since it sounds like they want to keep it as padding on the upfront discount.

TaterRam

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post here as I have been reading through a lot of the topics. I live in Oregon and haven't seen any comments from people in the NW. I am looking at a factory ordered Laramie and have been offered invoice minus any rebates that are available at time of delivery. It seems like others are getting better pricing just not sure if there is a dealer out here that is reliable and won't try to jerk someone around. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

How far are you willing to travel?

Ski Taxi

Reaction score
That's a good deal to me. Even with their bs fees...you're still at $57,692.97 before tax for a truck that is $66,625 MSRP. $61,713.44 OTD ain't bad at all. I wish I got a deal like this before I put in my Rebel order lol. My truck MSRP is at $66.2k. My deal was only $60k before tax and incentives so I expect to pay above $62k OTD.
I'll second that.

I bought a similarly priced rebel off the lot and didn't do anywhere near that well, even taking into account the extra fees.

baccigalup

Reaction score
For folks looking to buy out of state....

Don't discount the inconvenience associated with registration in your state of residence if the dealer can't do it, particularly in current COVID conditions. I purchased out of state and needed to register in NJ. Registration in NJ took 4 separate trips to the NJ Motor Vehicle Registry, where the line circles the building by 7:45am each morning for an 8am opening. All in I easily invested well over 8 hours in registration...

Everyone has a different value for their own time and I suspect the NJ DMV could be the worst in the nation, but to the extent I saved money buying out of state I certainly gave a lot of that between my travel time, gas and the registration process.
Did you buy from koons?

Users who are viewing this thread