5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

AxileAspen

Reaction score
Reached out to a dealer about a 2020 Laramie. MSRP is $55,945. They offered $51,662 with dealer discounts and then $3,500 in rebates (I should also qualify for another $1k in rebates for military and TrueCar).

I'm guessing I could do better than this...? Dealer took $4,200 off (7.6%). Seems like a pretty small reduction when I see people getting 10% + on custom 2021 orders. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ski Taxi

Reaction score
For folks looking to buy out of state....

Don't discount the inconvenience associated with registration in your state of residence if the dealer can't do it, particularly in current COVID conditions. I purchased out of state and needed to register in NJ. Registration in NJ took 4 separate trips to the NJ Motor Vehicle Registry, where the line circles the building by 7:45am each morning for an 8am opening. All in I easily invested well over 8 hours in registration...

Everyone has a different value for their own time and I suspect the NJ DMV could be the worst in the nation, but to the extent I saved money buying out of state I certainly gave a lot of that between my travel time, gas and the registration process.

Boston

Reaction score
If you use an insurance agent, give them the job of sending a runner to the registry of motor vehicles.
I am an insurance agent and our runner earns just $25 for every set of vehicle documents he takes there.

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Reached out to a dealer about a 2020 Laramie. MSRP is $55,945. They offered $51,662 with dealer discounts and then $3,500 in rebates (I should also qualify for another $1k in rebates for military and TrueCar).

I'm guessing I could do better than this...? Dealer took $4,200 off (7.6%). Seems like a pretty small reduction when I see people getting 10% + on custom 2021 orders. Thoughts?
For those doing factory orders, the dealers mentioned on here are doing 6-7% off of invoice, which is roughly around 8-9% off MSRP.

AK103

Reaction score
For those doing factory orders, the dealers mentioned on here are doing 6-7% off of invoice, which is roughly around 8-9% off MSRP.
Mine was closer to 14-15%
It depends on your invoice/MSRP cost.

AK103

Reaction score

That's really little off MSRP.
Depending on where you're located. Just order from Criswell, Koons or Lakeland Ram.

They're doing 6-7% off INVOICE. Which in my case was 14-15% off MSRP. PLUS whatever rebates/incentives on delivery.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For folks looking to buy out of state....

Don't discount the inconvenience associated with registration in your state of residence if the dealer can't do it, particularly in current COVID conditions. I purchased out of state and needed to register in NJ. Registration in NJ took 4 separate trips to the NJ Motor Vehicle Registry, where the line circles the building by 7:45am each morning for an 8am opening. All in I easily invested well over 8 hours in registration...

Everyone has a different value for their own time and I suspect the NJ DMV could be the worst in the nation, but to the extent I saved money buying out of state I certainly gave a lot of that between my travel time, gas and the registration process.
I absolutely second this! I purchased out of state back in August, and would do it again. I'm in California and purchased in Colorado. The dealership in CO blew all of the dealers I spoke with in CA (and surrounding states) out of the water as far as discounts.

Only took one trip to the CA DMV to get the truck registered... granted was there for the better part of the day. Like Ski Taxi, got there an hour before opening and the line was already around the building, and overlapping itself. It pays to do your research as far as what forms, etc. will need to be filled out, and do that ahead of time (as much as you can). CA also makes you SMOG and weigh the vehicle before it can be registered...so also had to do that.

ST9

Reaction score
Which autonation (city) and salesperson (recommend or not)? Wondering if they are close by me or not (north dallas area).

Sorry for the late reply. AutoNation Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM North Richland Hills

I usually don't recommend anything unless it was great experience. However I will say that I think all dealers have good people and bad people and it stinks since many of us hate dealing with them because many of us have dealt with the bad ones. With that, if they have a vehicle you are interested in, why not give them a try. For me, and it could only be me, they wouldn't budge on anything but the base and rebates were good enough to make me bite because of my specs that I wanted were a bit harder to find.

Maybe others might have better luck. It seems that this person was easy to talk too, knew a lot of information, was willing to clarify things and go a bit further than others that I talked to at that dealership. He didn't give me any deals but at least he seems to know what is going on better than others and he didn't come off like a jerk when confronted with conflicting statements. He was very calm and professional:

Christopher Rohwer
Sales Manager
817-276-7723
AutoNation CDJR NRH
[email protected]

emings

Reaction score

I think there's more room on the dealer discount.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Looking @ at 2021 4x4 Longhorn Limited. MSRP is $67,205 for the build I want. Have offer of $56,843 which includes the $1000K consumer cash and $500 financing cash (so $58,343 before rebates). Dealer fees are an additional $399 plus TTL. Invoice on this vehicle is $61,810. Ordering vehicle and dealer will sell order protected on the rebates & allow me to take advantage of the new rebates if they are higher when the truck comes in. Being told ~8-10 wks. Dealer also says they also throw in a lifetime powertrain, but I don't have any details on how legit that is. Is this a good deal? I've traded emails with another ~20 dealerships in my area (IL) and this is the best I've seen by ~$1800. Wondering how it compares to what others have seen.
I agree with WillWork4Truck. I ordered a 2021 Longhorn Limited with the 10th Anniversary package and I couldn't the dealer to come down to invoice. Since you're already below invoice by almost $3K, you are doing pretty good. You're $58,343 is almost 6% below invoice, which is about what you'd get from Koons or Criswell, both of whom offer 6% below invoice. As WillWork4Truck said, if you are happy with the price and you are getting the exact truck you want, then you should go for it because it's hard to say whether you will find a better deal. Also, WillWork4Truck is right about the lifetime warranty on the powertrain. That is most likely a dealer offer that won't be available at other dealerships. You might want to get more information about that if you are considering it as part of the package deal. Maybe you can get them to work in a MOPAR extended warranty in lieu of the powertrain package to sweeten the deal for you.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My local Kville dealer has pretty decent discounts as well. This example 2021 Limited hemi ET 4x4 is 12% off MSRP though I don’t know the latest incentives other than what I’ve read on this thread and that‘s without any additional negotiations.

Hopefully this info/listing will give someone a better negotiating hand with their dealer.

htownbrewer

Reaction score
I've got the current deal from a dealer (I welcome any thoughts):

Lonestar Built-Serve 4x4
MSRP: $53,050
Dealer Discount: $6366 (12% off MSRP)
Invoice: $49,967
Price: $46,684
Dealer add-on: $1845
Rebates: $3500

First, the discount is pretty good, slightly better than a factory order 6% off invoice from Koons, but less than 7% off invoice.

The dealer add-ons seems like BS, so I am going to try and get them to remove it. The breakdown is:
Tint: $299
VIN Etching: $399
Wheel Locks: $249
Nitrogen in Tires: $199
Tire & Wheel Hazard: $699

Rebates: I need to ask more about these. The RAM website indicates up to $5800 available on the Lonestar.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On My build, The Invoice price is about 8% lower than the MSRP Price.

Price with Options MSRP $71,155 Invoice $65,605

Now if you got lower than Invoice, Then add in any Rebates and Incentives,
You are doing very well. Calculate Trade In and any Down Payment. Now
you just have to Negotiate Doc Fees, TTL, Dealer Up-sells, and APR, ETC.

Malodave

Nv6425

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some pricing help, I found a 2020 Laramie with a MSRP of $59,490. I qualify for $5K in rebates which have been validated by the dealer ($3,500 manufacturer, $500 for FCA financing and $1K from PenFed's Car Buying Service). I'm shooting for a dealer discount of 16% which will be $9,518 and adding in the rebates takes me to $44,972 before TTL. Is this a reasonable deal or am I digging too deep? Thanks in advance for your help!

emings

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some pricing help, I found a 2020 Laramie with a MSRP of $59,490. I qualify for $5K in rebates which have been validated by the dealer ($3,500 manufacturer, $500 for FCA financing and $1K from PenFed's Car Buying Service). I'm shooting for a dealer discount of 16% which will be $9,518 and adding in the rebates takes me to $44,972 before TTL. Is this a reasonable deal or am I digging too deep? Thanks in advance for your help!
I think youre going to have a tough time trying to get a dealer to give you 16% off. I think 8k is a more realistic goal at that MSRP but if you can its a great deal and you should jump all over that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/