5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

hydrant328

Reaction score
i could use a good west coast Florida dealership. I have had zero luck in florida so far. Care to share the name? Thanks. Maybe even the salesman if he was worth mentioning.
Dayton Andrews in ST. Pete. Not the clearwater location. John Wietland-sales

baccigalup

Reaction score
Ask for the purchase agreement, take it to other dealerships and tell them to beat it and give you 25k for your car. Eventually one will bite on a similar MSRP priced limited unless youre set on that one. Thats the issue of being too stuck on an exact build.

Search rams inventory site and put in what you specifically want, then show a copy of the purchase agreement to those dealers on similar MSRP limiteds and they will find a way to make it happen if they really want your business. Thats how i got my deal.

Deals will be best at black friday and between christmas and January 1st or 2nd, from what i have seen.May impact your trade value though if you turn in a sports car in winter or similar.
I spent a few weeks trying to match koons price, and no one would budge.. this guy has a deal for 21 percent off, sell the car on your own if you can offset the tax savings difference and save the hassle and risk of losing the deal for a thousand dollar difference. You wont see 20 percent on 2021s and there is not much inventory left if you want a certain build.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here had trouble using the access funds affiliate pricing? Wife bought a jeep, but for some reason, the comany codes aren't showing up on the computer.

The dealer i worked with is great and gave us the discount...but don't know why it won't work. I'm planning on using the same one either late this year, or early next year.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a way to add in the software to achieve the “towing technology group” with the 360 tow mirrors that are basically the same parts in 2500s like mine that have the additional cameras in the software. New 2021s on the lots with 360 cameras and the 360 tow mirrors do not have the side camera views.
there is a thread on this somewhere. that dude really tried. conclusion is it is not doable

Rau

Reaction score
I found built of Limited very close to what I wanted with Rambox, but without 33 G tank.

MSRP $66670
FCA Rebates $3000
Dealers discount $9469
and additional Customer Rebate $2000, I don't know what they really mean, but I was told it includes my affiliate reward and something else.
Final price before tax, title and fees is $52201

Sounds good to me, but the only thing I don't like is they are giving me very low trade in value for my BMW. I expected something between $25-30K, but their price is $22500.
I have time till tomorrow to decide.

Update.
I have an offer for my BMW: $25.5K. So no trade in in my case.

I found a 2020 Laramie that was used by dealership and has 6500 miles. They call it "demo" vehicle, but I guess in reality one the managers was driving it on daily basis. It has a Rambox and 33 G tank. Of course it has less options than Limited I got a good offer for so I am not comparing apples to apples here.

MSRP $57550
Total rebates $14550
Final price before tax, title and fees is $43000

Dealer has additional charges for "dealers upgrade package": window tint, wheel lock, paint protection, nitrogen and vin etching which was originally priced at $2887. I know it is often BS addons from dealer that nobody wants, but it was reduced to $299 which I have no problems to accept. They also have hard tonneau cover installed which will stay on the truck if I buy it.

The question is if there are any hidden issues when dealer sells the truck that was used by dealership before sale.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a way to add in the software to achieve the “towing technology group” with the 360 tow mirrors that are basically the same parts in 2500s like mine that have the additional cameras in the software. New 2021s on the lots with 360 cameras and the 360 tow mirrors do not have the side camera views.

I ordered a '21 1500 Laramie 2 weeks ago with the powered tow mirrors and the 360º camera setup from the factory.

Malodave

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Update.

I found a 2020 Laramie that was used by dealership and has 6500 miles. They call it "demo" vehicle, but I guess in reality one the managers was driving it on daily basis. It has a Rambox and 33 G tank. Of course it has less options than Limited I got a good offer for so I am not comparing apples to apples here.

MSRP $57550
Total rebates $14550

Dealer has additional charges for "dealers upgrade package": window tint, wheel lock, paint protection, nitrogen and vin etching which was originally priced at $2887. I know it is often BS addons from dealer that nobody wants, but it was reduced to $299 which I have no problems to accept. They also have hard tonneau cover installed which will stay on the truck if I buy it.

The question is if there are any hidden issues when dealer sells the truck that was used by dealership before sale.

Mine was a demo vehicle also. Just know the warranty started time wise when you bought it but still only have until the 36k mile for full bumper to bumper.

Thats a heck of a discount. If i found a laramie with pano roof and 12" screen I would take that deal instead of my limited.

Reactions: Rau

Maxx

Reaction score
there is a thread on this somewhere. that dude really tried. conclusion is it is not doable
When I was looking for a new limited the dealer had a "Demo" w/ 3,000 miles on it and was going to offset miles by reducing cost by .50 cents a mile.

tgwill

Reaction score
Just bought my 2020 Laramie 4x4 (eTorque Hemi, Off-road package, 12" UConnect, Sunroof).

MSRP $ 59,255.00
Discount (9%) $ 5,368.00
Rebates $ 5,000.00
TrueCar Offer $ 500.00
Accessories
Adjusted Sales Price $ 48,387.00

dmax4me

Reaction score

Rau

Reaction score
Update.

MSRP $57550
Total rebates $14550

I finally made a decision to buy a Laramie. Dealer gave me their demo to drive and check for weekend. There were a couple of little things my wife and I didn't like. I came back on Monday, told them about it and they dropped another $2K.

So final numbers are:
MSRP $57550
Final price before tax, title and fees is $41299 + title, tax and other little fees.
They also offered me to trade in my BMW for $24K, which is the same as the offer I had after adding taxes in to account.

If anyone is interested to buy a Limited and live in Houston I can help you to get the one I didn't buy. Just PM me.

PS: Tow mirrors are so inconvenient after you get used to normal ones. Especially the right side. I am thinking to swap them to regular ones, not sure how much it will cost though.

I guess I am in the market for running boards and possibly mirrors :)

laramie4x4

Reaction score
I finally made a decision to buy a Laramie. Dealer gave me their demo to drive and check for weekend. There were a couple of little things my wife and I didn't like. I came back on Monday, told them about it and they dropped another $2K.

So final numbers are:
MSRP $57550
Final price before tax, title and fees is $41299 + title, tax and other little fees.
They also offered me to trade in my BMW for $24K, which is the same as the offer I had after adding taxes in to account.

If anyone is interested to buy a Limited and live in Houston I can help you to get the one I didn't buy. Just PM me.

PS: Tow mirrors are so inconvenient after you get used to normal ones. Especially the right side. I am thinking to swap them to regular ones, not sure how much it will cost though.

that is a great deal. good job negotiating. congrats!

Coog61

Reaction score

So final numbers are:
MSRP $57550

What were the things you didn’t like? Which dealership? Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rau

Reaction score
What were the things you didn’t like? Which dealership? Congrats

This was a demo truck and it had 6.5k miles and some sign of use which is not a big deal for us. The biggest thing both I and my wife didn’t like was tow mirrors. I am actively searching on this forum and on internet how I can swap them without breaking the budget.
This Laramie has equipment group level 1 where our previous truck had level 2 and Advanced Safety Group. You get used to nice things very quickly :)

Coog61

Reaction score
This was a demo truck and it had 6.5k miles and some sign of use which is not a big deal for us. The biggest thing both I and my wife didn’t like was tow mirrors. I am actively searching on this forum and on internet how I can swap them without breaking the budget.
This Laramie has equipment group level 1 where our previous truck had level 2 and Advanced Safety Group. You get used to nice things very quickly :)

Any recommendations on a dealership?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rau

Reaction score
It was Bayway in Houston. This is where I bought a Laramie. They also have a demo Limited with more than 5K miles $68K MSRP. If you are in the market for Limited they can give you good discount. Do not forget to mention me so I get my referral check from them :)

cfue60

Reaction score

After a while you will get used to the tow mirrors. I feel like I can't see anything in regular mirrors now. In the tow mirrors I can see every thing! I keep them up though, when they are down it makes me feel like I have double vision.

I am assuming the Limited is a gasser?

Rau

Reaction score
After a while you will get used to the tow mirrors. I feel like I can't see anything in regular mirrors now. In the tow mirrors I can see every thing! I keep them up though, when they are down it makes me feel like I have double vision.

I am assuming the Limited is a gasser?

Limited is a Hemi engine truck.

Users who are viewing this thread