5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

tjsadler

Reaction score
IDK about not being able to upgrade, its android based so that really shouldn't be an issue. The only hardware changes are wireless carplay/android auto, more pixel depth and a slightly larger screen. They are still going to write updates for the current 12" so my guess is that they'll write code specific to the 12.1" and the 12.3", the same way they do phones.
Uconnect 5 really doesn't add anything I care about though, I dont use android auto now.
Actually it's a different processor and memory. Here's a link that explains it.
Explanation of Uconnect 5 Hardware

Reactions: Rau

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
My wife and I negotiated on 2 cars 3 weeks ago.
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie crew MSRP 55'465, paid 45'412. roughly 18% off
2020 Jeep latitude plus MSRP 31'580, paid 25'209. Roughly 20% off
No trades.
Can you provide the Dealership info?

mtmgtz

Reaction score
Different processor and memory are only going to impact power consumption and Android can still have code for multiple processors and memory, again, the Android phones

I think you're confusing "could be done" and "will be done." Not many manufacturers really see adding features to previous generation infotainment systems as any benefit. They want you to have a reason to buy a new car again. They'll only update it to fix problems but generally not add anything.

Our previous 2017 Pacifica (first year for the Pacifica) came with a new (at the time) generation of Uconnect but was lacking android auto/carplay. 2018, Chrysler added android auto/carplay. Our 2017 never got it.

Rau

Reaction score
I found built of Limited very close to what I wanted with Rambox, but without 33 G tank.

MSRP $66670
FCA Rebates $3000
Dealers discount $9469
and additional Customer Rebate $2000, I don't know what they really mean, but I was told it includes my affiliate reward and something else.
Final price before tax, title and fees is $52201

Sounds good to me, but the only thing I don't like is they are giving me very low trade in value for my BMW. I expected something between $25-30K, but their price is $22500.
I have time till tomorrow to decide.

baccigalup

Reaction score
I found built of Limited very close to what I wanted with Rambox, but without 33 G tank.

MSRP $66670
FCA Rebates $3000
Dealers discount $9469
and additional Customer Rebate $2000, I don't know what they really mean, but I was told it includes my affiliate reward and something else.

Sounds good to me, but the only thing I don't like is they are giving me very low trade in value for my BMW. I expected something between $25-30K, but their price is $22500.
They always make it up someplace....You are not gonna do much better than that on a dealer discount. In fact 14k under msrp is q great deal...you are at 21 percent. They know they got you... Is that 2020 or 2021. You can hold out for another grand or two but i had a dealer lose the deal over 500 bucks cause i wouldnt budge.... depends how desperate they are and right now rams are selling like crazy.

Rau

Reaction score
They always make it up someplace....You are not gonna do much better than that on a dealer discount. In fact 14k under msrp is q great deal...you are at 21 percent. They know they got you... Is that 2020 or 2021. You can hold out for another grand or two but i had a dealer lose the deal over 500 bucks cause i wouldnt budge.... depends how desperate they are and right now rams are selling like crazy.

Sorry, forgot to mention that it was 2020. I don't think it is possible to get similar discounts on 2021 models. I really think they are not desperate at all.

Good thing is I do not have to trade in to get their price, but I probably need to sell my car somewhere else if I manage to find a better deal.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that it was 2020. I don't think it is possible to get similar discounts on 2021 models. I really think they are not desperate at all.

Good thing is I do not have to trade in to get their price, but I probably need to sell my car somewhere else if I manage to find a better deal.
I'd say taking the trade out the equation is your better bet! That is a pretty nice deal! We aren't going to get into BMW and depreciation talk... lol. Go get your truck! Congrats!

Wsmith

Reaction score
Is it just me or do others have issues with plugging in an iphone during carplay and the phone calls will not go through the uconnect system...

Essentially there are so many cool little things that it seems i cannot even get the basic principles to not work lol.

I would really like to link my work phone and personal phone at the same time though.
I ran into this also, when plugged in I lost hands free phone, kind of counter intuitive. Works fine on blue tooth. I have android.

Dontra

Reaction score

MSRP $66670
FCA Rebates $3000
Dealers discount $9469

What are your taxes with and without trade? Some times the taxes will decide. 2000 taxes you would break even either way

Rau

Reaction score
What are your taxes with and without trade? Some times the taxes will decide. 2000 taxes you would break even either way
The difference is $1407. I think I can sell my car for $5K more than they want for trade in. The only problem is I am not sure if I will be able to sell it for that price in such a short time.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Is it just me or do others have issues with plugging in an iphone during carplay and the phone calls will not go through the uconnect system...

Essentially there are so many cool little things that it seems i cannot even get the basic principles to not work lol.

I would really like to link my work phone and personal phone at the same time though.
"Uconnect 5 will also work better with smartphones. You’ll be able to connect two phones simultaneously now for users who have multiple phones for personal and work use or just like fighting over who gets to pick the music. "

Dontra

Reaction score
The difference is $1407. I think I can sell my car for $5K more than they want for trade in. The only problem is I am not sure if I will be able to sell it for that price in such a short time.
I would try to get the 5000 if you can wait for the right buyer. Have you tried VROOM or the other truck-buying places?

Rau

Reaction score
I would try to get the 5000 if you can wait for the right buyer. Have you tried VROOM or the other truck-buying places?

Yes, I am planning it for tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rau

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Power Days are still available? I was told that they are not available with truck purchase, but only with Dodge cars.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score

MSRP $66670
FCA Rebates $3000
Dealers discount $9469

Ask for the purchase agreement, take it to other dealerships and tell them to beat it and give you 25k for your car. Eventually one will bite on a similar MSRP priced limited unless youre set on that one. Thats the issue of being too stuck on an exact build.

Search rams inventory site and put in what you specifically want, then show a copy of the purchase agreement to those dealers on similar MSRP limiteds and they will find a way to make it happen if they really want your business. Thats how i got my deal.

Deals will be best at black friday and between christmas and January 1st or 2nd, from what i have seen.May impact your trade value though if you turn in a sports car in winter or similar.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if it possible to get another one? I have one but it expired before I could use it. Still waiting for my truck to be built.
You can. Need to go in and start selecting the vehicle again, after a screen or two it will show up.

Mike7311

Reaction score
A note to anyone looking for 2020’s, if your deal is close, take it. The 2020’s (good packages) are going to be gone early this year. There are a lot of bad 2020 packages, ie ones that have options added a la carte versus in value savings packages. You will always save more with the packaged trucks.

JDGRam19

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a way to add in the software to achieve the “towing technology group” with the 360 tow mirrors that are basically the same parts in 2500s like mine that have the additional cameras in the software. New 2021s on the lots with 360 cameras and the 360 tow mirrors do not have the side camera views.

Users who are viewing this thread