5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cochise

Reaction score
Heads up, not sure if this has been posted here yet but I found this bonus cash through True car last night and used it today when I purchased my 2021 Ram Laramie. You do not need to get a quote through Truecar. Just need to have an account. I was able to add it to the $2000 Cash Allowance for 2021.

Do you know if it possible to get another one? I have one but it expired before I could use it. Still waiting for my truck to be built.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Does anyone have recent pricing information for Canada? Discounts here work significantly different than the USA unfortunately including much higher second hand finance rates via the banks.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Told by whom? Is it a credible source? I'd be happy to postpone buying half a year to have wireless Apple Carplay
I was looking to maybe get rid of my etorque to get into a regular Hemi, but if this is coming down in less than a year I will hold off.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Heads up, not sure if this has been posted here yet but I found this bonus cash through True car last night and used it today when I purchased my 2021 Ram Laramie. You do not need to get a quote through Truecar. Just need to have an account. I was able to add it to the $2000 Cash Allowance for 2021.
Dont think that will work with koons since its not truecar pricing

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Alright, I pulled the trigger! Went ahead and place my order with Craig through Koons. It was a really easy process (at least for the build/price part, let's see when its pickup time), I first built my truck using ramtrucks.com then sent to Craig so he can match the build with their discount then tacked it with 6% more.
MSRP = $59,445
FWP = $55,854
After 6% = $52,502
Hoping to get at least $2K in rebates on time of delivery

Build:
1500 Bighorn Crew 4x4 (5'7" box)
5.7L V8 HEMI eTorque
3.92 Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Night Edition
Level 2 Group
Uconnect 8.4" NAV
Dual-Pane Sunroof
Premium Lighting Group
Multi-Function Tailgate
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse Liner
Trailer Tow Group
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Bed Utility Group
Tow Power Mirror
Pre-wire for Trailer Camera

Last edited:

Boston

Reaction score
Alright, I pulled the trigger! Went ahead and place my order with Craig through Koons. It was a really easy process (at least for the build/price part, let's see when its pickup time), I first built my truck using ramtrucks.com then sent to Craig so he can match the build with their discount then tacked it with 6% more.
MSRP = $59,445
FWP = $55,854
After 6% = $52,502

Build:
5.7L V8 HEMI eTorque
3.92 Axle
Night Edition
Level 2 Group
Uconnect 8.4" NAV
Dual-Pane Sunroof
Premium Lighting Group
Multi-Function Tailgate
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse Liner
Trailer Tow Group
Bed Utility Group
Tow Power Mirror

Very similar to my preference. Except I’d lose the MFT, trailer tow group (but add the TBC) and ditch the sunroof. I’d add the 33gallon tank

Color?

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Very similar to my preference. Except I’d lose the MFT, trailer tow group (but add the TBC) and ditch the sunroof. I’d add the 33gallon tank

Color?
Cool!

yeah, the sunroof is really for the kids. I have it on my little bmw 325xi and they love it, so I thought they'll go bananas when they see this...

MFT i gotta have, I'm going to be pulling our trailer a lot. and that goes with trailer tow group. I also have the 33gallon tank.

Mine is white, what's yours? and how much OTD?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know that I'd hold my breath on that

The New Uconnect 5 Will Be Added To All Jeep, Ram Vehicles By 2022
January 31st, 2020 by Brad R.
Share this Post:
Uconnect Kendall Dodge

Photo credit: FCA
Dodge vehicles aren’t known for their innovative infotainment technology, but before long, that might be a serious talking point aside from the power, and top-notch handling Dodge vehicles are known for providing. Dodge’s parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has its sights set on producing all future vehicles with their latest Uconnect infotainment set-up. The Uconnect 5 infotainment system will support many new changes that will make owners that share their vehicle extremely pleased, among many customers sure to love all the added features that will make the Uconnect 5 system stand out for years to come.

tjsadler

Reaction score
Apparently it's a completely new system with different hardware so there's no way to do a software upgrade. You'd have to swap the whole unit. Bummer. That's why, after buying a car/truck, you stop reading any news or reviews for a couple years so you can enjoy what you bought without worrying about how they made it better!

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Is it just me or do others have issues with plugging in an iphone during carplay and the phone calls will not go through the uconnect system...

Essentially there are so many cool little things that it seems i cannot even get the basic principles to not work lol.

I would really like to link my work phone and personal phone at the same time though.

baccigalup

Reaction score
MSRP = $59,445
FWP = $55,854
After 6% = $52,502

Build:
5.7L V8 HEMI eTorque
3.92 Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Night Edition
Level 2 Group
Uconnect 8.4" NAV
Dual-Pane Sunroof
Premium Lighting Group
Multi-Function Tailgate
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse Liner
Trailer Tow Group
Bed Utility Group
Tow Power Mirror
Congrats , similar to mine as well. Craig does well off this site. Not sure why other dealers cant or wont do this....greedy i guess....

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Told by whom? Is it a credible source? I'd be happy to postpone buying half a year to have wireless Apple Carplay

I was told this by Craig Benner at Koons CDJR who sold me my truck. He runs the online sales/orders at Koons. He sells a large volume of trucks every year. I have no reason to doubt him as that information was told to me at the time I picked up my truck and had no bearing on my sale.

neddles

Reaction score
Regarding the incentives applied when you order a truck... I've had one dealer tell me it is the lower of either the month you place the order or the month when you take delivery. Then another dealer told me no, you only get the incentives available at the time of delivery. Doesn't seem like the terms of the FCA/RAM incentives could be different from dealer to dealer like that. Any idea what the truth is?

Swicago

Reaction score
My wife and I negotiated on 2 cars 3 weeks ago.
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie crew MSRP 55'465, paid 45'412. roughly 18% off
2020 Jeep latitude plus MSRP 31'580, paid 25'209. Roughly 20% off
No trades.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Apparently it's a completely new system with different hardware so there's no way to do a software upgrade. You'd have to swap the whole unit. Bummer. That's why, after buying a car/truck, you stop reading any news or reviews for a couple years so you can enjoy what you bought without worrying about how they made it better!

IDK about not being able to upgrade, its android based so that really shouldn't be an issue. The only hardware changes are wireless carplay/android auto, more pixel depth and a slightly larger screen. They are still going to write updates for the current 12" so my guess is that they'll write code specific to the 12.1" and the 12.3", the same way they do phones.
Uconnect 5 really doesn't add anything I care about though, I dont use android auto now.

jth877

Reaction score
2020 Big Horn. Sport package, wheel package, level 1 and wheel liners. MSRP $50,560, Capitalized cost if I buy it at end of lease is $38,800 for the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread