5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rau

Reaction score
Does anyone know why 33G tank and Trailer Tow Group cannot be added together with Build-to-Serve Edition in configurator and if it can be added when ordered through dealer's system?

Update: does BTS come with vinyl or cloth seats? The photo in config is not clear enough. My biggest showstopper for getting BigHorn was cloth seats.

TaterRam

Reaction score
Does anyone know why 33G tank and Trailer Tow Group cannot be added together with Build-to-Serve Edition in configurator and if it can be added when ordered through dealer's system?

Update: does BTS come with vinyl or cloth seats? The photo in config is not clear enough. My biggest showstopper for getting BigHorn was cloth seats.

I had that same issue when building regarding the bigger tank. However, I have not found a dealer that has said they can factory order a BTS so can't confirm. Have you found a dealer that will order one? The latest BTS are making their way out, maybe a window sticker will validate.

ETA: Looking at a 2020 Patriot Blue, it has the Trailer Tow Package and 33 Gal tank so was possible, probably still is. The build site has been funky for me.

They do have vinyl seat with cloth/inserts. Seems similar to a non-Rebel seat.

Last edited:

Rau

Reaction score
I had that same issue when building regarding the bigger tank. However, I have not found a dealer that has said they can factory order a BTS so can't confirm. Have you found a dealer that will order one? The latest BTS are making their way out, maybe a window sticker will validate.
No, I didn't ask my dealer to build BH with BTS for order yet.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Seems like alot of folks have traveled far to buy from koons. So for those who have purchased at koons, how was the experience. Some of the online reviews are not very good, but I hear no complaints from here so far, only good experiences.

du4life25

Reaction score
So I'm looking at ordering a Bighorn 1500 from a different dealer than I was dealing with a few weeks back. Here's what I'm looking at for pricing;
MSRP: $58,330
Discount: $54,826
Aftermarket Accessories incl. 2" Mopar Lift, Step Bars, Custom Rims/Tires & Recalib., Powder coating of factory rims & Badging: $5666.70

I'm still hoping for some good rebates & incentives plus a good trade in offer on my '15 Bighorn 1500.

Any thoughts or recommendations on this? TIA

AK103

Reaction score
what kind of discount have ppl been getting on 21' limited? 13% before TTL? Looks like waiting for price drop on 20' limited is just not going to happen, but i really dislike the idea of paying OTD close to MSRP

14%ish from Koons before incentives. So more room for wiggle once it's delivered, and it will be a 2021.
Doesn't make sense to purchase one locally for 13% before TTL.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
14%ish from Koons before incentives. So more room for wiggle once it's delivered, and it will be a 2021.
Doesn't make sense to purchase one locally for 13% before TTL.
Good to know. Do Koons deliver factory orders or do I have to travel to Maryland to pick it up?

bramesh

Reaction score
Seems like alot of folks have traveled far to buy from koons. So for those who have purchased at koons, how was the experience. Some of the online reviews are not very good, but I hear no complaints from here so far, only good experiences.
I factory ordered my 2021 from Koons last week and it was a great no-BS interaction with Craig.
Here's my data point for everyone's benefit:

2021 Ram 1500 Limited (4x4, Crew Cab 5' 7" bed)
  • 5.7L V8 Hemi (non-eTorque)
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
  • Technology Group
  • Rambox Cargo Management System
  • Bed Utility Group
  • Trailer Brake Control
  • 33-gal Fuel Tank
MSRP: $67,715
Invoice: $62,103
Vehicle Price: $58,377 (~6% below invoice, ~15% below MSRP)
OTD = Vehicle price - any rebates at time of delivery + Koons $899 doc fee + Texas tax and registration

Even factoring in travel costs from Houston to VA and back, they had most competitive OTD price of the 5 dealers I was working with and the responsiveness was good enough to make the distance less of a concern. I signed and returned the buyer form to Craig by email, paid a deposit online and the order was placed immediately.

Could the Koons price be beaten? Possibly, but weigh it against the time and effort needed to haggle with dealers - many of whom don't work over email, just want your phone number to spam or insist that you come into the dealership so they can apply pressure tactics.

(UPDATE 10/6: forum members confirmed that seat anchors are present on 2020 eTorque models, so expectation is this would continue with 2021s)
BTW - I was tempted to order the eTorque version, but discovered that these models apparently do NOT have car seat anchors on the rear passenger side seat (maybe position of the battery pack behind this area?).
So for those with 2 young kids, this makes eTorque a non-starter!

Decisions are made, and now the waiting game for delivery begins.....

Last edited:

Coog61

Reaction score
I factory ordered my 2021 from Koons last week and it was a great no-BS interaction with Craig.
Here's my data point for everyone's benefit:

2021 Ram 1500 Limited (4x4, Crew Cab 5' 7" bed)
  • 5.7L V8 Hemi (non-eTorque)
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
  • Technology Group
  • Rambox Cargo Management System
  • Bed Utility Group
  • Trailer Brake Control
  • 33-gal Fuel Tank
MSRP: $67,715
Invoice: $62,103
Vehicle Price: $58,377 (~6% below invoice, ~15% below MSRP)
OTD = Vehicle price - any rebates at time of delivery + Koons $899 doc fee + Texas tax and registration

Even factoring in travel costs from Houston to VA and back, they had most competitive OTD price of the 5 dealers I was working with and the responsiveness was good enough to make the distance less of a concern. I signed and returned the buyer form to Craig by email, paid a deposit online and the order was placed immediately.

Could the Koons price be beaten? Possibly, but weigh it against the time and effort needed to haggle with dealers - many of whom don't work over email, just want your phone number to spam or insist that you come into the dealership so they can apply pressure tactics.

BTW - I was tempted to order the eTorque version, but discovered that these models apparently do NOT have car seat anchors on the rear passenger side seat (maybe position of the battery pack behind this area?).

Decisions are made, and now the waiting game for delivery begins.....

Are you planning on traveling there and drive back or have it delivered? I’m also in Houston and in the market soon. Starting to plan. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rau

Reaction score
I will most likely visit my dealership in Houston ( Spring) who gave me similar deal that Koons did. If they give me considerable discount over their last pricing I will most likely go with them.
I think Koons have great prices for 2021, but I hope my dealer will give me better offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bramesh

Reaction score
Are you planning on traveling there and drive back or have it delivered? I’m also in Houston and in the market soon. Starting to plan. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm planning to fly there, inspect the vehicle pre-delivery and drive it back. Plus Covid put a damper on all my business travel since Feb, and so I'm actually looking forward to getting out of the house (sans kids :)) for a bit.
Door to door shipping estimates are in the $1,300+ range if you don't want to travel.

EJ84

Reaction score
So for those with 2 young kids, this makes eTorque a non-starter
That is some great information, is anyone aware if there is the ability to add seat anchors? Also for the people who have the etorque are you still happy with it?

Last edited:

slatersan

Reaction score
Do you mean the LATCH anchors in the seat back? The 2020's have them. Unsure why 2021's wouldn't.

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
That is some great information, is anyone aware if there is the ability to add seat anchors? Also for the people who have the etorque are you still happy with it?
Do you mean the LATCH anchors in the seat back? The 2020's have them. Unsure why 2021's wouldn't.
Can't speak to the 2021's, but my 2020 has LATCH anchors. They're not like traditional ones that I've seen in other cars, but rather loops that are behind each headrest. You pass the tether through the loop and attach to the loop behind the middle seat.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Latch system uses the metal clips at the bottom of the seatback, AND and loop by the headrest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

bramesh

Reaction score
Can't speak to the 2021's, but my 2020 has LATCH anchors. They're not like traditional ones that I've seen in other cars, but rather loops that are behind each headrest. You pass the tether through the loop and attach to the loop behind the middle seat.
Does your 2020 truck (eTorque I'll assume) have the 2 lower clip-style anchors on the rear passenger side as well? What you've described sounds like just the LATCH top tether anchor. If FCA has an alternate car seat retention mechanism designed for that side on the eTorque models, that might be good info to share with the forum. (Pics would help a lot!)

Once Carl confirmed that lower anchors were not present on one side for the 2021 eTorque model (rear passenger side only) , I didn't want to risk ordering the vehicle with this option only to find an important child safety feature was missing. I'm happy to be corrected if this is not a true statement.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 1500 Big Horn last night. It's got the Big Horn Level 2, premium lighting, UConnect 12, Alpine speaker upgrade, 3.92 rear end, 20" rims/tires, 5.7L eTorque, 23 gallon tank, trailer brake control, and blind spot monitoring. MSRP was $55,840 and I paid $45,655 out the door with negative equity on my trade. I know, I know. I shouldn't deal with negative equity, but the interest rate on the truck is almost 2% lower than my old car's interest rate so I see it like a refinance on part of my old car loan. And even with the negative equity I'm still paying 10k under MSRP after taxes so I felt it was a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread