5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Ivan44

Reaction score
We’ll know tomorrow. Nobody knows (even dealers) until they drop from Ram/FCA.
Just picked up my 2020 Ram 1500, crew w5'7' bed, granite metallic, big horn 2, night edition, bed utility, premium lighting group, blind assist, hemi e-torque, underseat storage, all weather mats, 12" nav, 9 speakers. trailer brake, multi function tailgate. I searched high/low for truck with certain options, tailgate wasn't one of them. I'm in south fla and had a deal in Georgia on a truck in transit. But 2 weeks later, dealer says truck damaged when delivered. Found this on the west coast of Fla. Msrp: 54345. Did total negotiation by email. Actually had another dealer by there, trying to work a better deal and do a dealer swap. Got it down to 42800 and out the door, tax, tag title for 47300
i could use a good west coast Florida dealership. I have had zero luck in florida so far. Care to share the name? Thanks. Maybe even the salesman if he was worth mentioning.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
It will still happen, COVID killed a lot of sales due to people being out of work and inventory being low, factorys are starting to pump cars out again so there will be inventory by year end and they are going to want to make up as much lost revenue as possible.
I've been reading this same opinion for 6 months and it hasn't happened yet.

Morenar

Reaction score
How can you tell if a RAM truck qualifies for the VIN Specific Select Inventory Bonus cash? I see this on cargurus for some 1500 over 30 days but how can you make sure that you get this tagged on with other rebates? Or can the dealer be the only one that can see this?

1601668124776.png

reidcc

Reaction score
If you go the the dealers website listing(on dealer site) for the truck, they typically show all the apply for EVERYBODY, they may show their discount as well. They may also show all other potential rebates that apply based on VIN or type. There might also be a clickable question mark after each to explain.

When I bought my BigHorn, I was banking on the Conquest 2k rebate for owning a GM. However after further info, I found it was only for Crew Cab models, and not for Quad Cabs(which I bought).

Chris

How can you tell if a RAM truck qualifies for the VIN Specific Select Inventory Bonus cash? I see this on cargurus for some 1500 over 30 days but how can you make sure that you get this tagged on with other rebates? Or can the dealer be the only one that can see this?

View attachment 70590

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that have used any of the affiliate rewards. When you show up to the dealer...do you have to bring anything extra besides company code and control number with you?

Never used one of these before. Only thing I'm bringing besides that, is money, license and trade in. Thanks

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
For those that have used any of the affiliate rewards. When you show up to the dealer...do you have to bring anything extra besides company code and control number with you?

Never used one of these before. Only thing I'm bringing besides that, is money, license and trade in. Thanks

I think the code is all you need. I used USAA as a sub member to my dad's veteran status and I believe all I needed was the code in hand for them to apply it.

Grouper

Reaction score
...When I bought my BigHorn, I was banking on the Conquest 2k rebate for owning a GM. However after further info, I found it was only for Crew Cab models, and not for Quad Cabs(which I bought).
I currently own a Silverado but I'm selling it outright.

Is a trade-in required to qualify for the conquest rebate?

baccigalup

Reaction score

They want proof you are an affiliate, badge, check , pension check, etc

Morenar

Reaction score
If you go the the dealers website listing(on dealer site) for the truck, they typically show all the apply for EVERYBODY, they may show their discount as well. They may also show all other potential rebates that apply based on VIN or type. There might also be a clickable question mark after each to explain.

When I bought my BigHorn, I was banking on the Conquest 2k rebate for owning a GM. However after further info, I found it was only for Crew Cab models, and not for Quad Cabs(which I bought).

Chris
Dealer came back and said they don't know why cargurus is showing it on the site when they don't could not find that rebate.

Rasmot

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just found this forum after buying my first RAM 1500. But after reading some comments, I think I did okay. Picked up a 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie, Ivory white pearlcoat, Lv2 equipment package, 4X4 Off Road Group, Night Edition, 3.92 axle, Etorque, dualpane sunroof, 33 gallon tank, Uconnect12, Trailer brake control.

MSRP $63,790. Negotiated to $50,800 after rebates.
Rebates stated on Autonations website said $1,500 quad laramie retail bonus, $1,000 dt crew retail customer cash, $1,000 dt crew cab retail bonus.
OTD was $54,434. ($3,175 tax + $434 title/license/documentation) No trade-in. Financed through dealership but will be refinancing with a credit union asap.

Tire kicked some multiple dealerships through email at the beginning of September but couldn't get nearly the price and options i wanted. But on 9/27, a guy from Autonation texted me saying he needed to sell 30 RAMs in 3 days. He sent me a few options with the choices i wanted (really wanted lv2 equipment, night edition, and pano sunroof). The one I wanted was asking price of $52,999. I asked for $51k on 9/29 and he said no can do. I messaged him 9/30 in the morning and he said he still probably couldn't so around 3pm i called. He called me back 30mins later saying only today he would guarantee that price with no dealer add-ons. Went in then negotiated another $200 off and got rubber mats thrown in, and my vehicle and the new truck's gas tanked filled (probably over 55 gallon of gas total lol). Was in-out the dealership in 2.5hours. It helped that it was Quarter end but i don't know if i would wait until December fearing there may be limited choices in color and options left over.

Morenar

Reaction score
Dealer came back and said they don't know why cargurus is showing it on the site when they don't could not find that rebate.
I just heard back from the dealer. They said that rebate listed as 49B is for Federal Fleet vehicles. Not sure if that is true or not.

Morenar

Reaction score
I got the following back for a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 that has been on the lot for over 60 days. Trying to get a better dealer discount as I feel that could be higher. Thoughts?

1601757938367.png

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got the following back for a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 that has been on the lot for over 60 days. Trying to get a better dealer discount as I feel that could be higher. Thoughts?

View attachment 70682

Dealer discounts on limiteds have been around 10-11%, should be about another $3500-4000 on the dealer discount side before rebates

Mike7311

Reaction score
I’ve found it strange that the discounts on the higher trims are lower than the lower trims because usually it’s the opposite. Obviously it has to do with demand and people willing to pay closer to MSRP for a full boat. It’s just odd to me, I can’t see paying so much more for bells and whistles. If I was going to pay $65k for a truck, it would be a 2500 or better. $50k is about the max I would pay for a 1500, just my opinion.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve found it strange that the discounts on the higher trims are lower than the lower trims because usually it’s the opposite. Obviously it has to do with demand and people willing to pay closer to MSRP for a full boat. It’s just odd to me, I can’t see paying so much more for bells and whistles. If I was going to pay $65k for a truck, it would be a 2500 or better. $50k is about the max I would pay for a 1500, just my opinion.

There seems to be more availability on Big Horns and Laramies and less on Limiteds and Longhorns

slick300

Reaction score
Decided to pull the trigger on a ‘20 BH, night edition, etc, etc (widow sticker attached). This one in Flame Red, dealer has two other equally optioned on the lot (white and silver). Awaiting a trade #, but their first and “best selling price” is $46,900, or around 15%. I have to think there’s a decent amount of meat left on that bone. Will be talking to them tomorrow.

Attachments

• 61A0C1FA-C3A5-4C04-BA0F-671B28A3C89A.png
    61A0C1FA-C3A5-4C04-BA0F-671B28A3C89A.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 69

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to get better...took me four dealerships before I got the deal I wanted.

I picked up a new 2020 BigHorn/Lone Star 2WD crew cab last Saturday.
MSRP= $47,240
Rebates = $6000 including my USAA $1000
Dealer Discount = $5181
Price after Rebates/Discounts = $36,059 (almost 24% discount)
Out the door price with TTL = $36,789 (sales tax break due to my trade)

And I didn't care about the Koons or Criswell pricing as it would have required the hassle of flying/driving back. I bought local because I want to keep my money local supporting Texans.

Last edited:

baccigalup

Reaction score
So far no dealers have come close to koons group price.....they won't touch 1 percent under invoice let alone 6 unless its been sitting on the lot for a month or more.

EJ84

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the ability to immediately refinance after getting a loan thru Chrysler for the rebate? Or do you have to wait 90 days?

Users who are viewing this thread