5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

nill02

Reaction score
Hey, I found a 2020 Laramie Night with about 4,800 miles on it,

MSRP is at $63,725
I have them down to $49,587 OTD minus tax.

Feel like that seems like a pretty solid deal. Can't help but be a bit cautious with the 21's right around the corner.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Mostly demos left .....what

MSRP is at $63,725

Feel like that seems like a pretty solid deal. Can't help but be a bit cautious with the 21's right around the corner.
Mostly demos left.....they suck trying to sell them as new. If the add 4k miles to the warranty then maybe but thats personal preference. I want new if I'm spending that much.

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score

MSRP is at $63,725

Mostly demos left .....what

Mostly demos left.....they suck trying to sell them as new. If the add 4k miles to the warranty then maybe but thats personal preference. I want new if I'm spending that much.

You should also check when the warranty was put in service. Depending on how long it was used by management, you could be 8 months to a year down on the warranty. Just a thought, but some don't care about a warranty. Personally I like to have the warranty for as long as possible when I am still making payments.

baccigalup

Reaction score
You should also check when the warranty was put in service. Depending on how long it was used by management, you could be 8 months to a year down on the warranty. Just a thought, but some don't care about a warranty. Personally I like to have the warranty for as long as possible when I am still making payments.
Most dealers will honor the warranty at 36k above existing mileage...i had a car with 9k on it they tried selling and said they would extend it to 46k

Airbeijing

Reaction score
Most dealers will honor the warranty at 36k above existing mileage...i had a car with 9k on it they tried selling and said they would extend it to 46k

No, that's not the case. Warranty is provided by the manufacturer. It's starts with the truck is put in service and ends 3 yrs from that in service date or 36K miles, which ever comes first. Powertrain warranty is longer of course. I think that dealer was trying to get you to buy that car and lied.

SJC5

Reaction score
First post of this forum and I have to say the info has been great. Ordered a 2021 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 5'7" bed 2 hours ago. Dealer gave $1k under invoice and any incentives, rebates, cash offers at time of delivery. MSRP $62,810, price paid $56,950 (invoice $57,937 plus $13 for gas charge). This is with destination but before taxes and fees. OTD $60,929.47. I am hoping (and praying) for 2021 incentives in October or more likely November. 6-8 delivery but he was just rattling off the time. Super excited.

johnehr

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking here since my 2014 Laramie Crew 4x4 LB was totaled in February. It was hit while parked on the street by an inattentive private snow plow driver on a beautiful sunny non-snowy day.

cf130ff2346813233751de92ea411ae3.jpg

Big bummer. Anyway, I fell in love with the 2020 Longhorn and it’s black and saddle interior. Couldn’t find an existing LB Longhorn in patriot blue with the right set of options then (or any time since then), so had a deal in March to order one with an MSRP of $60,505, dealer discounted price of $53,079, and incentives back then (assuming that they remained similar) of $5,500, bringing the price to $47,579 + TTL. Not too shabby for a crew cab 4x4 LB Longhorn.

Just then the pandemic hit, and I decided like many to wait and a) make sure that I wouldn’t be adversely impacted by the pandemic and b) reap even better incentives as the economy inevitably struggled. Won’t really know if it was the right or wrong move until I see what incentives will apply to the order below. But obviously the big discounting never came, and its a crap shoot anyway on an ordered truck.

So finally today, over 6 months later, I waved the white flag and put my replacement truck on order. 2021 4x4 Longhorn Crew Cab LB, Patriot Blue, 5.7l Hemi V8 w/o e-torque, black and saddle interior, 3.92 axle, anti-spin diff, trailer brake controller, 33 gallon fuel tank, Bed Utility Group. MSRP $60,845, Invoice $55,903, purchase price $53,000 less all incentives/cash/rebates available at time of delivery, plus TTL.

Happy to get the clock ticking, I miss my truck and am still stoked over the Longhorn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
So today was the day I finally pulled the trigger on a 2021 Laramie Quad Cab Ecodiesel.

MSRP: $65,150
Disc: $9881
Adjusted Price: $55,269

How do you think I did?

Will get additional incentives at time of delivery.

Now the waiting begins.

Attachments

• 20200910_213318.jpg
    20200910_213318.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200910_213054.jpg
    20200910_213054.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 72

Wch_chip

Reaction score
So today was the day I finally pulled the trigger on a 2021 Laramie Quad Cab Ecodiesel.

How do you think I did?

Now the waiting begins.

I'd say that's good. Better than EP pricing.

jas11151990

Reaction score
First post and glad to be here! Just picked up a 2020 Big Horn Built to Serve. Had a hard time finding one as they were usually sold as I got to the dealer. Had the rep text me when it arrived and got there right before someone else. Sales price before only tax and tag was about 41k. Sticker was 54,155.

E96807B2-90EF-48FB-9031-59AF7BD8577C.jpeg

tom318

Reaction score

How do you think I did?

Now the waiting begins.

Nice! better than me so far. Did that price include any rebates right now and if they get better you get those or that's purely dealer discount and 0 rebates? My truck has similar MSRP and i'm at $7500 off with no rebates or incentives yet. I did see they had about 3k worth of rebates till 9/30 in my area on the site but that was before they took the 2021 builds down.

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
FWIW, had a really productive conversation with a salesman in another region yesterday who was super nice. I inquired about doing a dealer trade, and while he was more than willing to try, he seemed to offer me genuine advice against doing that.

He recommended ordering a 2021 (not even through him) and when I told him that I was concerned about a possible lack of incentives when it arrived, he said he anticipated that starting next month they'll roll a lot of the incentives over to 2021s due to the lack of 2020 inventory on dealer lots (I realize they're not currently great for higher trims, but I'm shopping for a Big Horn and they're not bad).

The biggest takeaway he shared was that most dealers aren't going to be willing to go much below invoice currently because FCA is not currently giving dealers kickbacks for hitting sales goals. Something along the lines of due to the uncertainty with Covid, they're not giving the dealers sales goals or something like that. So where some may have been willing to take a loss on the sale of a vehicle to hit a target, according to him there isn't any motivation to do that right now. Take it for what it's worth coming from a salesman, but it was pretty clear early on in our conversation that he wouldn't be selling my anything and he stayed on the phone for another 20 minutes offering help and advice.

SJC5

Reaction score

How do you think I did?

Now the waiting begins.
Damn - that is a great price. I only got $1k below invoice and no rebates (yet). I am in Pennsylvania and did check around. Costco discount was only $250 below invoice and local dealers were a few hundred also (and the quote was for 2020 not a 2021 order). Now I feel "bad" but I see the posts below where there are no "sales" incentives and still hope/pray for rebates in October or November when it is delivered.

SJC5

Reaction score
FWIW, had a really productive conversation with a salesman in another region yesterday who was super nice. I inquired about doing a dealer trade, and while he was more than willing to try, he seemed to offer me genuine advice against doing that.

He recommended ordering a 2021 (not even through him) and when I told him that I was concerned about a possible lack of incentives when it arrived, he said he anticipated that starting next month they'll roll a lot of the incentives over to 2021s due to the lack of 2020 inventory on dealer lots (I realize they're not currently great for higher trims, but I'm shopping for a Big Horn and they're not bad).

The biggest takeaway he shared was that most dealers aren't going to be willing to go much below invoice currently because FCA is not currently giving dealers kickbacks for hitting sales goals. Something along the lines of due to the uncertainty with Covid, they're not giving the dealers sales goals or something like that. So where some may have been willing to take a loss on the sale of a vehicle to hit a target, according to him there isn't any motivation to do that right now. Take it for what it's worth coming from a salesman, but it was pretty clear early on in our conversation that he wouldn't be selling my anything and he stayed on the phone for another 20 minutes offering help and advice.
Thank you - this makes me feel better. I know I was going to pay "more" for a 2021 order vs. 2020 on the lot but I see some of the prices paid here and am a little jealous.

ikeyems2

Reaction score
September 30th is the last day for the USAA certificates.
FYI: the USAA certificate is only good for 60 days after it is created and must be current upon taking delivery. I'm waiting to print mine till towards the end of September banking on my truck arriving before the end of November. 21' Rebel ordered 9/5, currently in D1 status...

Last edited:

Wch_chip

Reaction score
FYI: the USAA certificate is only good for 60 days after it is created and must be current upon taking delivery. I'm waiting to print mine till towards the end of September banking on my truck arriving before the end of November. 21' Rebel ordered 9/5, currently in D1 status...

I ordered on the 5th and I am still in D status, but just like you hopefully it is built before my USAA cert expires.

dmax4me

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Koons accepts the USAA certs since they are already at 6% under invoice?

Bas

Reaction score
Getting real here. Emailing with a dealer about custom ordering a 2021 Limited. MSRP: 68.7K His price: 59378 plus any FCA rebates at time of delivery.
His price includes fees, only TTL needs to be added. Only stipulation is that I finance through them.
Also, this dealer is a 10 hour drive from here, although I just read on their website they deliver nationwide.
Decisions, decisions... I am not in an immediate need for a truck, so should I wait and see what happens over the next few months ?

I am also talking with a ford dealer about a lower trim xlt and thinking about getting that as an intermediate truck (as in drive it for a year or 2 and then trade it in for a higher level trim) which right now I can get for almost 22.5% off msrp price. Would that strategy be total nuts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/