5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BigAdge

Reaction score
i dont see dealers willing to bargain much on the Laramies, there are not alot i see in inventories to choose from) looking at one now with 27 h package, sport package, ram box sunroof and bed liner, etorque, tonneau cover, nav/safety and polished wheels for 60K (6600 off msrp) very sweet looking ride and has everything i want except the steps. not sure if its worth waiting for better deals in another month or not.
Might be worth it to wait a few days and see sept incentives

Reaction score
New Here - Bought from Central FL area -
Purchased April 2nd 2020
2020 Ram Rebel AWD Crew Cab
MSRP $62845

Purchase Price $55,832.91
Sales Tax $3,465.59
Dealer Fee $899.75
Tag Agency Fee $279
New Tag $450
Title $49.50

OTD $60976.75
I qualified and decided to take 0% for 84 months
Nothing in finance office - got gap from insurance.

First Big Purchase- if anyone wants to let me know how I did feel free. Up to learning. Also if u want to share tips with a newbie. Sticker attached.

Is 0 for 84 available on certain trims only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK103

Reaction score
When I went back in April I knew it was for the two I looked at (limited and rebel). Back then I was also able to get 3 month first payment deferment.

You did great tbh.
I should of jumped on a limited back in April.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Here - Bought from Central FL area -
Purchased April 2nd 2020
2020 Ram Rebel AWD Crew Cab
MSRP $62845

Purchase Price $55,832.91
Sales Tax $3,465.59
Dealer Fee $899.75
Tag Agency Fee $279
New Tag $450
Title $49.50

OTD $60976.75
I qualified and decided to take 0% for 84 months
Nothing in finance office - got gap from insurance.

First Big Purchase- if anyone wants to let me know how I did feel free. Up to learning. Also if u want to share tips with a newbie. Sticker attached.

Not bad, all that matters is that you’re happy with your new truck! No such thing as a good deal on the wrong truck. Congrats and I can’t help but LOL at the mpg rating on our window stickers!!
Only thing in the future is that the dealer fee is a little high.... usually that’s just a bs thing that they make you feel is non-negotiable. They’re really just taking dollars off the purchase price and moving it to their “fee” category so it feels like you’re getting a better deal but it’s really just bs lol paperwork doesn’t cost $900, but all in, not a bad deal you got at all especially at that 0% apr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baccigalup

Reaction score
Might be worth it to wait a few days and see sept incentives
Yeah I think I am not gonna be in a hurry. Found the same truck with more options 2k cheaper 500 miles away and thats not even the internet pricing yet....makes the 10 percent dealer look like a glutton......ill wait for a good deal now that I know what I want . Might be worth a road trip if they deal on thd trade

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I think I am not gonna be in a hurry. Found the same truck with more options 2k cheaper 500 miles away and thats not even the internet pricing yet....makes the 10 percent dealer look like a glutton......ill wait for a good deal now that I know what I want . Might be worth a road trip if they deal on thd trade

IMO, thats really the only thing that anyone is "waiting" for. We've been waiting for incentives to be back since May every month saying wait, next month may be better and now 9 months later and 9 months of saying that, nothing. IMO, the only good deal to be had is by scouring the country looking for a dealer interested in selling. The best deal I could find was 300 miles from me and took a dealer hungry for a sell.
I believe incentives for 2020 are done

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO, thats really the only thing that anyone is "waiting" for. We've been waiting for incentives to be back since May every month saying wait, next month may be better and now 9 months later and 9 months of saying that, nothing. IMO, the only good deal to be had is by scouring the country looking for a dealer interested in selling. The best deal I could find was 300 miles from me and took a dealer hungry for a sell.
I believe incentives for 2020 are done
Well this whole Corona virus messed everything up. I'm waiting to see as well, and I guess that once the 2021 hit the floor after labor day, me might see some incentives. My big question is how much many trucks are they producing...and they might slow down production until inventory starts to get low again.

I could be all wrong because 2020 has been all f--ed up...lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BowDown

Reaction score
Well this whole Corona virus messed everything up. I'm waiting to see as well, and I guess that once the 2021 hit the floor after labor day, me might see some incentives. My big question is how much many trucks are they producing...and they might slow down production until inventory starts to get low again.

I could be all wrong because 2020 has been all f--ed up...lol

There's not a lot of inventory, specifically if you're looking for a Limited or Longhorn. I've found 1 "new" Limited optioned like mine that hadn't previously been at this dealer so that tells me that there's not a lot being built, maybe more Bighorns and possibly Laramies.

The dealers still seem low in inventory and in wondering if FCA is even trying hard to produce trucks vs moving on to 2021 models. With that in mind, offering rebates makes no sense something some have been saying was going to happen vs others like myself thinking the opposite. I've come around to the other train of thought that was counter to my own for 6 months and believe those saying big rebates were done for 2020. We'll see Tuesday but the same thing was said in June, then July for The July 4th sales event then again in August, at this point I'm ready to admit I was wrong about what Covid was going to do to the auto industry, matter of fact, all those automotive analyst were wrong too. Go back to April and May in this thread and look at the links to auto analyst saying how manufacturers were hurting and there was going to be a glut of cars on lots unsold, didn't happen.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's not a lot of inventory, specifically if you're looking for a Limited or Longhorn. I've found 1 "new" Limited optioned like mine that hadn't previously been at this dealer so that tells me that there's not a lot being built, maybe more Bighorns and possibly Laramies.

The dealers still seem low in inventory and in wondering if FCA is even trying hard to produce trucks vs moving on to 2021 models. With that in mind, offering rebates makes no sense something some have been saying was going to happen vs others like myself thinking the opposite. I've come around to the other train of thought that was counter to my own for 6 months and believe those saying big rebates were done for 2020. We'll see Tuesday but the same thing was said in June, then July for The July 4th sales event then again in August, at this point I'm ready to admit I was wrong about what Covid was going to do to the auto industry, matter of fact, all those automotive analyst were wrong too. Go back to April and May in this thread and look at the links to auto analyst saying how manufacturers were hurting and there was going to be a glut of cars on lots unsold, didn't happen.
At this point then, if I'm going to end up paying full price ( or somewhere close to invoice) I'm going to order exactly what I want...and not let them point met to a truck that might have options I don't want that are more expensive.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
At this point then, if I'm going to end up paying full price ( or somewhere close to invoice) I'm going to order exactly what I want...and not let them point met to a truck that might have options I don't want that are more expensive.

I didn’t read a bunch of previous posts however comments like there not being a lot of inventory, specifically Limited or Longhorn confuse me. I just now
(8-30-20’ at 2:50 pm ET) searched my selling dealer (an hour away from me but where I bought) and there were 28 of these, a mix of 4x2 and 4x4, all crew cabs and all 2020’s.

Guess it depends on what a person wants (I doubt there are many with 33 gallon tanks or locking rear diffs) however theres more inventory to choose from now than there was a year ago April (2019) when I bought my Ltd, even the same harder to find paint color (tri-coat Ivory). I paid a premium to get that truck color back then and could have saved a few thousand if I were looking today.

Bas

Reaction score
I have looked at the limited since they first came out and never really seen a good rebate. Stopped looking after a few months and just started following this forum again back in June and not much has changed. Looks like I missed the boat back in April, ahwell such is life.

BowDown

Reaction score
I didn’t read a bunch of previous posts however comments like there not being a lot of inventory, specifically Limited or Longhorn confuse me. I just now
(8-30-20’ at 2:50 pm ET) searched my selling dealer (an hour away from me but where I bought) and there were 28 of these, a mix of 4x2 and 4x4, all crew cabs and all 2020’s.

Guess it depends on what a person wants (I doubt there are many with 33 gallon tanks or locking rear diffs) however theres more inventory to choose from now than there was a year ago April (2019) when I bought my Ltd, even the same harder to find paint color (tri-coat Ivory). I paid a premium to get that truck color back then and could have saved a few thousand if I were looking today.

Kernersville? They are the anomaly but I believe they just received some of those trucks but NONE are a discounted enough to justify buying from them unless you were within a couple hours.
I've been looking for a RedEye there and they didn't have those trucks a month ago and they still only have 2 or 3 RWD Limiteds.

Most dealers in TX, OK, LA and NM are very low on Limiteds and Longhorns. Bluebonnet recently got some Limiteds but prices aren't great, closest truck my my options is still $4500+ more than I paid, same at Kernersville.

Last edited:

baccigalup

Reaction score
There are enough out there to be able to find something that suits...unless your fussy like me on a particular style or color

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
There are enough out there to be able to find something that suits...unless your fussy like me on a particular style or color
Yes, I agree. Like I’ve mentioned before, I was forced into a certain exterior/interior color combination which precluded 98% of the available inventory. The 2 big dealers that start with K each had one or two (Limited 4x4 CC) but that was all in a 300 mile radius.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Like I’ve mentioned before, I was forced into a certain exterior/interior color combination which precluded 98% of the available inventory. The 2 big dealers that start with K each had one or two (Limited 4x4 CC) but that was all in a 300 mile radius.

Same here, indigo frost interior isn't common plus I wanted the 3.21 rear gear vs the 3.92 that everyone seems to want

Users who are viewing this thread