5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Boykin2

Reaction score
Built to serve in SC. $54,200 and dealt with 10 dealers to squeeze out an $11,200 off msrp with $7,500 incentives. Dealers have a slight upper hand when you’re searching for a built to serve with rambox and a few other must haves. Money dropped a lot easier in my area in the “pre-Rona” days. Love the truck

BigAdge

Reaction score
Built to serve in SC. $54,200 and dealt with 10 dealers to squeeze out an $11,200 off msrp with $7,500 incentives. Dealers have a slight upper hand when you’re searching for a built to serve with rambox and a few other must haves. Money dropped a lot easier in my area in the “pre-Rona” days. Love the truck
20.66% off msrp seems around or a bit above average, I'm going to be asking for 25%, and will hope to get an easy offer at 21-22% and not have to fight all day. I think you did great considering you got what you wanted and boxrs aren't as common ! Congrats!

nwalk4

Reaction score

if my math is correct that’s 43K before TTL, does that 43 include freight or not? In a very similar boat as you and looking at many dealers across multiple states. Most dealers take out the freight to drop the advertised price super low but then they add it right back in so it’s not really a discount.

Boykin2

Reaction score
if my math is correct that’s 43K before TTL, does that 43 include freight or not? In a very similar boat as you and looking at many dealers across multiple states. Most dealers take out the freight to drop the advertised price super low but then they add it right back in so it’s not really a discount.
That is fully out the door but we do not have a tax% in SC(we pay a pretty hefty annual property tax on all vehicles) it is a $500 flat fee. Also includes $389 dealer and $55 title and tag transfer fee.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's because I am not looking for a 2019 Laramie program truck with 1800 miles. If you had followed my posts, you would have noticed what I had already purchased, from where and for how much. Genius.

Lol, the excellent negotiator...
Maybe not for you. Maybe you don't know how to negotiate. Damn sure.

That's a sweet deal. I was just talking to them yesterday but they weren't budging from a combined discount of around $9K on a BTS big horn.

Whaaatt?

Yeah, I saved 5% below invoice with Carl at Criswell on a 2021 Rebel plus whatever rebates are available when the truck is delivered.

You got the forum deal that EVERYONE gets but you're an excellent negotiator and has yet to post on how to get 40% off a demo.
I got 18 % off my truck in this market last month from a none forum dealer, about 8% below invoice

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, the excellent negotiator...

Whaaatt?

You got the forum deal that EVERYONE gets but you're an excellent negotiator and has yet to post on how to get 40% off a demo.
I got 18 % off my truck in this market last month from a none forum dealer, about 8% below invoice

Don’t worry, it’s not worth your time. It’s just confusing for other members when guys come on here and spout out they’ve found 40% off... when in fact they’ve never been offered such a price. In the end, he accepted a mediocre discount with unknown rebates on time of arrival.

I will say one thing, I’m glad I purchased late February before Rona hit here in the US! I came in at 26% off after dealer fees on my Laramie and feeling great about it now! At the time, I read some others seeing as much as 31% off on Big Horn. Times were good, but I don’t expect we see those types of cuts again soon now they supply chains have been crippled.

I’m happy to see some members here in the 20%+ discount range right now. That’s some good work!

BowDown

Reaction score
Don’t worry, it’s not worth your time. It’s just confusing for other members when guys come on here and spout out they’ve found 40% off... when in fact they’ve never been offered such a price. In the end, he accepted a mediocre discount with unknown rebates on time of arrival.

I will say one thing, I’m glad I purchased late February before Rona hit here in the US! I came in at 26% off after dealer fees on my Laramie and feeling great about it now! At the time, I read some others seeing as much as 31% off on Big Horn. Times were good, but I don’t expect we see those types of cuts again soon now they supply chains have been crippled.

I’m happy to see some members here in the 20%+ discount range right now. That’s some good work!

I know.
I had a deal in March that was 24% off a Limited but I gambled on Covid19, we know how that went. I was able to recoup some of that loss via better interest rate but its still tough to accept. the loss of 8K in rebates. It is good to see people seeking advice and it helping them negotiate some pretty good deals, esp now

afmace21

Reaction score
Texas, 2020 Ram Rebel w/ an MSRP of $68715, currently listed with a dealer discount of -$5,497, and two rebates totaling $1,500. Sale price listed at $61,718. I’ve been watching it for a while, has been on their lot for about a month and a half. Would shooting for 15-20% below sticker be the best bet?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know.
I had a deal in March that was 24% off a Limited but I gambled on Covid19, we know how that went. I was able to recoup some of that loss via better interest rate but its still tough to accept. the loss of 8K in rebates. It is good to see people seeking advice and it helping them negotiate some pretty good deals, esp now

Im happy that I’m not in a rush to get a Ram right now...so I’m patiently waiting until the November...when the 2021 hit the floor. If I can hit 20%. Around that time for a 2020 that I want, I will pull the trigger. If not, I’m ordering exactly what I want...at least I can pay for invoice for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BowDown

Reaction score
Im happy that I’m not in a rush to get a Ram right now...so I’m patiently waiting until the November...when the 2021 hit the floor. If I can hit 20%. Around that time for a 2020 that I want, I will pull the trigger. If not, I’m ordering exactly what I want...at least I can pay for invoice for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't in a rush either, Ive been watching/waiting since Jan/Feb. I hadn't seen any good pricing on Limiteds since Feb/March so when I got close to that original OTD price, I moved on it. The only thing that I didn't get that I wanted was MFT but thats not a big deal. I'm not believing that big rebates on Limiteds will be back soon

BigAdge

Reaction score
On the Built to Serves what type of dealer discount are people seeing? I've seen a ton of people getting right around 20% off msrp, breakdown of incentives vs dealer discount? Incentives look like 7500 is with trade in/conquest correct?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the Built to Serves what type of dealer discount are people seeing? I've seen a ton of people getting right around 20% off msrp, breakdown of incentives vs dealer discount? Incentives look like 7500 is with trade in/conquest correct?

I just picked up my Built to Serve this week. Before taxes, I just got roughly 21% off MSRP. That included a $5,500 dealer discount and $6,500 in manufacturer rebates. I’m in California and many dealers weren’t willing to budge from MSRP. They’d only off manufacturer rebates. Ended up getting mine in Colorado.

Could have picked up an additional $500 in rebates, but I didn’t finance through Chrysler Financial.

BigAdge

Reaction score
I just picked up my Built to Serve this week. Before taxes, I just got roughly 21% off MSRP. That included a $5,500 dealer discount and $6,500 in manufacturer rebates. I’m in California and many dealers weren’t willing to budge from MSRP. They’d only off manufacturer rebates. Ended up getting mine in Colorado.

Could have picked up an additional $500 in rebates, but I didn’t finance through Chrysler Financial.
Thank you, that's great, I'm really not eligible for any rebates aside from the 5k. Not military /club associations /truck owner/trade in. So it's hard to compare some of these prices not knowing if others got 500-2000 more in incentives from the manufacturer

MICHAELRAMRAM

Reaction score
Hi guys need some help. I am in Canada. Right now FCA has employee pricing plus. I am looking at a Sport, which I got the actual POC for from a dealer. It shows MSRP at 75,590 and FWP at 68,126. The dealer is listing the price online at 68k more or less after the employee pricing discount. Can I negotiate off of the FWP? I’m just a bit confused as to how much room there is to go down off of the FWP/if the dealer is still making a big profit considering the employee pricing promo is an FCA thing. Hope that makes sense? FWP is basically 10% off MSRP which seems like it isn’t that big of a discount as I see many on here mentioning 20%+ off...

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, that's great, I'm really not eligible for any rebates aside from the 5k. Not military /club associations /truck owner/trade in. So it's hard to compare some of these prices not knowing if others got 500-2000 more in incentives from the manufacturer

Very true. Rebates are dependent on where you’re located, and from what I’ve seen, California has one of the best markets for rebates. Compared to Colorado, I believe California had $1,500 more in available rebates due to two CA Bonus Cash offers. My rebate total did not include any military/club association/etc rebates. Strictly national and local bonus cash. Oh and there was a $1,000 rebate for getting the 5.7L Hemi

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Which is why when people post their deals all they need to do is put MSRP, dealer discount, rebates (including what each one was). But people want to show how they got the best deal over others so they focus on OTD or just say rebates and it’s a useless comparison for someone trying to gauge their deal.

DaveTz

Reaction score
After much shopping around and searching from southern Texas to northern Wisconsin, I finally made a deal on a Limited. $68,725 MSRP. $58829 sale price. 14.4%. Best I could do. Limited inventory seems limited. Certainly not as good of a deal people are getting on Big Horns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/