5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
keep looking at RamTrucks website. Ensure the package selected is the “built to serve.” That’s how i found the dealer. Sometimes when it says “in transit,” it takes a few days to populate but it could be on the lot. I understand the pain of finding it and immediately it goes to sold. RamTrucks usually updates every few days from what I’ve gathered.

I can confirm that the Ram Website's "Search Inventory" is updated every night as far as updating inventory. As for the time it takes to update a particular truck from "In Transit" to "On Dealer Lot" or how quickly it's removed after being sold, I'm not sure. But they do add and removed inventory once every day.

Bas

Reaction score
Talk to Mark Hart at Autonation Ram in Centennial. I just picked up my 2020 Built-to-Serve from him. MSRP $57.5K, total before taxes $45.5K. $12K off including rebates and dealer discount. Best deal I was able to find...and I'm in California.
Thanks for that, I'll give them another shot. They didn't want to do much for a Laramie a while back, maybe it depends who you are talking to.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quesrion. Still doing alot of homework on my end..and crunching numbers. Instead of picking something from the lot (I know that is where you can get the biggest discount) can you order a truck and still get invoice pricing if negociated?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Quesrion. Still doing alot of homework on my end..and crunching numbers. Instead of picking something from the lot (I know that is where you can get the biggest discount) can you order a truck and still get invoice pricing if negociated?

Yes! Absolutely! Call Carl at Criswell.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes! Absolutely! Call Carl at Criswell.
Wow...just looked at their site and their inventory, and they have alot of inventory. Im curious to find out who is the biggest dealer in the philly/South Jersey area. Maryland isn't that far of a drive from me.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Wow...just looked at their site and their inventory, and they have alot of inventory. Im curious to find out who is the biggest dealer in the philly/South Jersey area. Maryland isn't that far of a drive from me.

Yeah, I saved 5% below invoice with Carl at Criswell on a 2021 Rebel plus whatever rebates are available when the truck is delivered.

Bigdub

Reaction score
Any idea about target discount for a demo model with about 1700 miles on it? 2020 Limited, hemi with etorque, MSRP $67.5k. I like the options, but not sure how much I should be asking off for a demo.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Any idea about target discount for a demo model with about 1700 miles on it? 2020 Limited, hemi with etorque, MSRP $67.5k. I like the options, but not sure how much I should be asking off for a demo.
Which state? Which options?

Bigdub

Reaction score
WA, etourque, Level 1 package, trailer brake control, 33 gal, pano, anti spin diff, 3.92, tri fold tonneau.
Thanks!

Bigdub

Reaction score
Wow anybody else been getting so much off msrp for a demo with 1800 miles? For that price I would definitely be very interested.

Venom700

Reaction score
Wow anybody else been getting so much off msrp for a demo with 1800 miles? For that price I would definitely be very interested.
Demo is going to be same discount you could get on any truck from the dealer, minus the mileage. So you’d be looking at approx. $977.50 extra off, at the federal mileage rate of 57.5 cents per mile.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Demo is going to be same discount you could get on any truck from the dealer, minus the mileage. So you’d be looking at approx. $977.50 extra off, at the federal mileage rate of 57.5 cents per mile.
This doesn't seem right. At all.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe not for you. Maybe you don't know how to negotiate. Damn sure.

Since you’re the master negotiator, please feel free to post your deal sheet and teach us your ways.

Sticker price, dealer discount, rebates, dealer fees and trade in value (if applicable). Let’s see the paper.

Until then, I think it’s fair these gents are calling BS on your 40% off sticker price.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Since you’re the master negotiator, please feel free to post your deal sheet and teach us your ways.

Sticker price, dealer discount, rebates, dealer fees and trade in value (if applicable). Let’s see the paper.

Until then, I think it’s fair these gents are calling BS on your 40% off sticker price.
That's because I am not looking for a 2019 Laramie program truck with 1800 miles. If you had followed my posts, you would have noticed what I had already purchased, from where and for how much. Genius.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

You will never ever get 40% off demo. You won’t get 30% off a non-demo either. Those 30% off deals happened last June in a very different market. You’d be hard pressed to find 20% off a Limited. Even Criswell and Koons aren’t going to get you 20% off and they’re pretty much the best deal. 15-18% is the best you can realistically do on Limiteds right now.

JetSet1

Reaction score
Pretty much from Denver to Cheyenne. Christopher Dodge in Golden and the one in fort Collins would give around 10% discount and most will likely give that, but that is just not enough for me. I will probably wait until the 21's come out since I am interested in the hud and uconnect5.
Thanks for that feedback. Funny you mention Christopher's Dodge. I've been eying their inventory because they seem to carry the largest inventory of night edition trucks. They also advertise a price well below everyone else in Colorado, but I can't help but wonder if they are advertising the price IF you qualify for every single rebate. I haven't quite dissected that sales strategy/game yet. Fort Collins (where I'm near) seems to advertise the highest price, but they aren't a true volume dealer. I'd love to give a local dealership my business, but they aren't grabbing anyone's attention. Maybe it's unrealistic, but I'd love to grab a night edition Laramie (white) around $50k before TTL. I'm not in a rush, but I know what I want is specific and it's not like there is a ton of inventory with the 2020's. If anyone has any other advice...I'm all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread