5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Craig at Koons stated the new Uconnect 5 would be available in the 2nd half of the 2021 MY.

Thank you for clarifying and for also asking Craig. So if this is true, it should be available early 2021 as a mid-MY option (perhaps able to order in December).

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Craig at Koons stated the new Uconnect 5 would be available in the 2nd half of the 2021 MY.
Maybe for those who have already ordered 2021 MY, FCA will have an option for free upgrade to Uconnect 5 once it becomes available!?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe for those who have already ordered 2021 MY, FCA will have an option for free upgrade to Uconnect 5 once it becomes available!?

Then it would be available to the current uconnect units too unless you're talking about a replacement unit. I doubt either will be the case. Sounds like Uconnect 5 is likely going to be in Feb/March built trucks

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Which options? Which dealer?
5.7L Hemi with eTorque 4x4
3.92 rear axle ratio
Leather package
Power driver and passenger seats with 4 way lumbar support
Spray-in bed liner
12" display
Heated front and back seats
Heated steering wheel
Heated mirrors
LED lighting all around (except interior, of course)
Once the OTD and monthly payments were set, I got them to get me some running boards added on as well.

Haddad Dodge in Bakersfield, CA

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
5.7L Hemi with eTorque 4x4
3.92 rear axle ratio
Leather package
Power driver and passenger seats with 4 way lumbar support
Spray-in bed liner
12" display
Heated front and back seats
Heated steering wheel
Heated mirrors
LED lighting all around (except interior, of course)
Once the OTD and monthly payments were set, I got them to get me some running boards added on as well.

Haddad Dodge in Bakersfield, CA
That's a sweet deal. I was just talking to them yesterday but they weren't budging from a combined discount of around $9K on a BTS big horn.

GB1911

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 leftover. Big Horn, white, quad cab, 6'4" bed, 4x4, tow package (hitch and connections), bucket seats, remote start, 8.4in u-connect, 5.4l Hemi. Sticker was $45,365 paid $36,700. This was after being at the dealer for 5 hours negotiating. Probably not a screaming deal but it seemed like an alright price. Hard to gauge on here, seems like everyone is going with loaded up trucks.
425ea152228906715afd44c6404b446c.jpg

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 leftover. Big Horn, white, quad cab, 6'4" bed, 4x4, tow package (hitch and connections), bucket seats, remote start, 8.4in u-connect, 5.4l Hemi. Sticker was $45,365 paid $36,700. This was after being at the dealer for 5 hours negotiating. Probably not a screaming deal but it seemed like an alright price. Hard to gauge on here, seems like everyone is going with loaded up trucks.
425ea152228906715afd44c6404b446c.jpg

Loaded trucks usually have more profit for the dealer and thus can get better dealer discounts. Lower trims have less margin so the dealer discount isn't as good but you can still compare the trucks by using % off MSRP. Your's seems like about 19% -20% off which is ok, I only got about 17% . I think bighorns had a big rebate but that may have been 20's only

whalesalad

Reaction score
Shopping for a 2020 Rebel right now. The last vehicle I looked at was damn near perfect.

MSRP is 61,625, dealer immediately priced truck at PP pricing of 57,290.

With taxes, fees, etc... 61,380. Subtracting $1,750 in rebates: we landed at $59,630 OTD.

I am thinking that I can do a little better than this, but I was not insulted by this. I really just wanted to go in and check out the truck, so we didn't do any serious negotiation at all.

I am a Ford guy who is considering switching to the dark side, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some photos:

IMG_7891.jpeg
IMG_7892.jpeg

tom318

Reaction score
Then it would be available to the current uconnect units too unless you're talking about a replacement unit. I doubt either will be the case. Sounds like Uconnect 5 is likely going to be in Feb/March built trucks
This would be my luck since I ordered a 21....really hoping they just show up with it. Surprised ram is dragging their feet on putting the 2021 build on the site. We are more than halfway through 2020 and you can still configure a 2019, really....

dmax4me

Reaction score
This would be my luck since I ordered a 21....really hoping they just show up with it. Surprised ram is dragging their feet on putting the 2021 build on the site. We are more than halfway through 2020 and you can still configure a 2019, really....
I hear you. I've been ready to order a 21 since they opened it up but I refuse too until it is live online. Hoping maybe some different color choices may be available.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ram has always been slow to update their website with the new model year information and build-and-price capability.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Shopping for a 2020 Rebel right now. The last vehicle I looked at was damn near perfect.

MSRP is 61,625, dealer immediately priced truck at PP pricing of 57,290.

With taxes, fees, etc... 61,380. Subtracting $1,750 in rebates: we landed at $59,630 OTD.

I am thinking that I can do a little better than this, but I was not insulted by this. I really just wanted to go in and check out the truck, so we didn't do any serious negotiation at all.

I am a Ford guy who is considering switching to the dark side, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some photos:

View attachment 65046
View attachment 65047
Over $6K combined discount on a 2020 Rebel? You're doing pretty good to start with. You can definitely do better as some of the posts here indicate but usually dealers around me (SoCal, TX, AZ) aren't willing to give deep discounts on Rebels (with some exceptions of course, i think someone on this post got around $12K off sticker in Socal if I'm not mistaken).

JGRaider

Reaction score
Well, the first deal I posted about originally fell through for various reasons. I did manage to find and even better deal though and took delivery of a Laramie in pearl white with brown/tan interior.

MSRP $67,000
After dealer discounts and rebates $52,000
Trade value on Sierra SLT Crew 4x4 $43,000
Out the door before TT&L $9000

I rounded the numbers above but that's very close. Only thing is I wanted a 3.21 rear end but this truck had the 3.92. It was such a good deal I didn't think twice. Took a 6 hour trip back home, slight uphill grade into a 15mph head whind and wound up with a 24.9 mpg avg, going 73mphm which is way better than the GMC would have gotten, probably by 6mpg at least. They are both crew cab 4x4's. My first thoughts are that this Laramie runs quieter, smoother, has a much nicer and higher quality interior than the GMC, and I can't really think of anything the GMC does better than this Laramie. This is my first Ram and I am initially very impressed.

Bas

Reaction score
Looks like a great deal to me; locally (CO) so far dealers won't do much better than 10-11 % off MSRP including rebates. With the 2021's around the corner I want to be in the 20+ range.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Well, the first deal I posted about originally fell through for various reasons. I did manage to find and even better deal though and took delivery of a Laramie in pearl white with brown/tan interior.

MSRP $67,000
After dealer discounts and rebates $52,000
Trade value on Sierra SLT Crew 4x4 $43,000
Out the door before TT&L $9000

I rounded the numbers above but that's very close. Only thing is I wanted a 3.21 rear end but this truck had the 3.92. It was such a good deal I didn't think twice. Took a 6 hour trip back home, slight uphill grade into a 15mph head whind and wound up with a 24.9 mpg avg, going 73mphm which is way better than the GMC would have gotten, probably by 6mpg at least. They are both crew cab 4x4's. My first thoughts are that this Laramie runs quieter, smoother, has a much nicer and higher quality interior than the GMC, and I can't really think of anything the GMC does better than this Laramie. This is my first Ram and I am initially very impressed.
This is a Gen3 Diesel, right?

tswea1

Reaction score
Just closed a deal on a 2020 Ram Bighorn, quad cab, 5.9, Level 2 equipment package, 12” screen, and blind spot monitoring, MSRP of 51,740, got it for 38,178 before any fees, 42,500 out the door (no trade in). Virginia dealer, they still have a sister truck if anyone is interested PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paultg

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my truck today from Criswell. I put some detailed information about my final pricing in the order tracker thread. Link to it here for anyone curious about how things went for me:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my truck today from Criswell. I put some detailed information about my final pricing in the order tracker thread. Link to it here for anyone curious about how things went for me:
[email protected]%. That is impressive.

Do you think you got that great deal from a volume (large inventory) dealer, or referral? Haven't read the entire post...but i will skim through it. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Paultg

Reaction score
[email protected]%. That is impressive.

Do you think you got that great deal from a volume (large inventory) dealer, or referral? Haven't read the entire post...but i will skim through it. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This was pretty much their no haggle pricing of 13% off MSRP + any rebates. I got lucky and got $3500 in rebates on top of their dealer discount.
Criswell & others have changed the discount amount slightly for the 2021 models, and I believe their fee has increased to $500 now which isn't crazy like some dealers (some are almost double that). I wouldn't let the new pricing structure discourage using them. You can also check Koons but when I ran the math for my truck Criswell was the less expensive dealer.
I am really happy with Carl at Criswell too. He was great to deal with. - Paul G.

Users who are viewing this thread