5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. I am trying to work a deal right now for a 2020 limited with 10K miles on it. MSRP is 70K but they are telling me 56.6 plus ttl. Your deal sounds much better thinking I will play hard ball and walk and see what happens. What were they asking before you got them to 53K out the door?

2020 with 10k already on it? 56.6 is robbery. 56.6 would have been decent new a few months ago. Just... wow.

j.rod85

Reaction score
2020 with 10k already on it? 56.6 is robbery. 56.6 would have been decent new a few months ago. Just... wow.
Yea and that was with me telling them I had a better offer elsewhere and them throwing on a “military discount”. I have a feeling there is plenty more room to haggle they just don’t seem to want to move much.

Juiced6

Reaction score
I was having trouble finding my unicorn as well.

I ended up giving up on the 3.92s and i decided that I will do the trailer break controller after the fact since you can have your local service department do it for a few hundred bucks. I also had to give up my hopes on the ORG....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Ok, so i'm looking at NADA's configuration tool and notice that when i hit the night edition it also clicks on anti-spin differential.
So, i head to Ramtrucks and look and see that the anti spin diff is on the night edition options.
But when i look at stickers, the anti spin diff is not listed on there under the night edition and i cannot find any media articles stating this. Anyone know what the story is on this? It would be awesome if the diff is in the package because it will eliminate my endless search as there are 4 or 5 night editions with 3.92 rear ends by me.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so i'm looking at NADA's configuration tool and notice that when i hit the night edition it also clicks on anti-spin differential.
So, i head to Ramtrucks and look and see that the anti spin diff is on the night edition options.
But when i look at stickers, the anti spin diff is not listed on there under the night edition and i cannot find any media articles stating this. Anyone know what the story is on this? It would be awesome if the diff is in the package because it will eliminate my endless search as there are 4 or 5 night editions with 3.92 rear ends by me.

Take one of the trucks that interests you, and plug it’s VIN into the end of the address below...after the “=“. this will bring up the trucks build sheet. If anti-spin is listed on there, the truck will have it.

Juiced6

Reaction score

RJNavarrete

Reaction score

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this 100% accurate? It says 5-ft cargo box here, but I didn't get that with my truck.

It should be. Every one that I’ve seen has been accurate. Doesn’t mean there can’t be a mistake every now and then.

Referring to the 5’ box. Do you have the 6’4” box? On the build sheets they list 5-foot for the 5’7” beds and 6-foot for the 6’4” beds.

dkoster02

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. I am trying to work a deal right now for a 2020 limited with 10K miles on it. MSRP is 70K but they are telling me 56.6 plus ttl. Your deal sounds much better thinking I will play hard ball and walk and see what happens. What were they asking before you got them to 53K out the door?

Thanks man, I’d be tough on them & make sure you do a good look over of the whole truck. Anything you can use, use.

Before i got them to 53 they wanted Just shy of 58. They also want these 2020’s gone, so I’d for sure bring that up as well.

Boykin2

Reaction score
Can anyone say for sure if the USAA $1000 bonus cash is applicable to a lease on a Ram? I’ve heard and read so many different things, I know they did not let me in 2017.

Attachments

• 037CDE68-9978-40EC-B45C-2E32F274B0A8.jpeg
    037CDE68-9978-40EC-B45C-2E32F274B0A8.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 1C182E27-28B0-40AF-AECF-9E9AC9B741FD.png
    1C182E27-28B0-40AF-AECF-9E9AC9B741FD.png
    321 KB · Views: 33

hratiu

Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas and there seems to be a ton of Ram Trucks in stock at the five local dealers. Assuming 5500 in rebates for August, what should I be getting in dealer discounts? something like 10-11 percent off MSRP?

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas and there seems to be a ton of Ram Trucks in stock at the five local dealers. Assuming 5500 in rebates for August, what should I be getting in dealer discounts? something like 10-11 percent off MSRP?
Which trim?

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Big Horn with night package
Also Big Horn with Back to Service
On a Big Horn you should be getting more than 10%-11% off sticker. Should be closer to 20%-25% on a 2020 model. BTS is limited edition so I'm not sure how much wiggle room there is.

hratiu

Reaction score
On a Big Horn you should be getting more than 10%-11% off sticker. Should be closer to 20%-25% on a 2020 model. BTS is limited edition so I'm not sure how much wiggle room there is.
I may not have explained by question right. I meant discount on top of the rebates. The rebates are about 10 percent.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I may not have explained by question right. I meant discount on top of the rebates. The rebates are about 10 percent.
That's up to the dealer. Rebates plus dealer discount should be around 20%-25% on a 2020 Big Horn. So, for example on a $60K sticker: $5,500 rebates plus $6,500 dealer discount equals combined 20% off MSRP.

Ondaora20

Reaction score
I picked up my Limited from Koons on July 20th. It was a long day, but well worth it. Took Metro-North RR, Amtrak, and the Washington WMATA to within a block from Koons dealership. Craig Benner had everything ready. The truck was not prepared by the dealership, as I requested, but it was fueled with a full tank. I finally got back home around 9:30 PM that evening.

The truck listed at $71,590.00. My discount from Koons was $11,122.00. Was able to get an additional $1,500.00 in incentives, and a $500.00 supplier discount. My credit union stepped in just in time with 1.90% financing for 48 months. So, while I didn't get to grab $5-6,000.00 in incentives, all-in-all I felt I did OK. And it was fun seeing the sticker with my name on it.

Truck is an eco-diesel with Protection Group, Cold Weather Group, Body Colored Bumper, BUG, Rambox, MFT, Level 1, 3.92 Axle, Anti-Spin Differential, 33-Gallon Tank, Trailer Brake Control. It's been working since I got it...moving furniture from Boston to NY with a trailer and a trip out to Michigan to help my son ferry some cars around locally. I'm happy with the way it drives; it won't win any drag races, but the diesel is smooth and strong. I'm very happy with the engine to date. Still learning all that it has in the way of equipment and how things work.

Biggest thing for me is getting used to how BIG this thing is. 25+ years in VW's and Chrysler Minivans, this thing is a beast.

Next week it changes color. Getting it wrapped in a Satin Silver Blue IMG_4256.jpg IMG_4255.jpg

sd2134

Reaction score
That's up to the dealer. Rebates plus dealer discount should be around 20%-25% on a 2020 Big Horn. So, for example on a $60K sticker: $5,500 rebates plus $6,500 dealer discount equals combined 20% off MSRP.
I purchased a 2020 Night Edition 4x4, eTorque V8 in Las Vegas in early July, the dealer internet listing was 20% below window sticker (sticker 52,570, internet price 42,040). Their list price does not match the window sticker, best to view the window FCA sticker from their website. The list price and dealer discounts seem to vary up and down through out the month.

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
Not sure if it counts because it’s used, but I’m just curious how people think I did on this deal. First ram and first truck, I’m excited!

2019 Limited with eTorque.
Level 1, Tow package, Pano roof, 33 gallon tank, 22” rims, bed utility group. Had 50k miles.

paid 43k for the truck, ended up adding a 7 year 100k mile extended bumper to bumper warranty for $2800 on top. Total all in was just under 50k OTD. Pick it up on Monday!

I hate the tow mirrors and plan on replacing those ASAP. Has anyone done that?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my recent experience, most dealers are not as willing to provide deep discounts on the Built to Serve Big Horns. Most are MSRP minus rebates with no dealer discount. I just completed a deal on one with a $5500 dealer discount and $6500 in rebates, so $12K off MSRP...before taxes, etc. Other dealers I was communicating with would not give a dealer discount.

Other Big Horns, including the Night Edition, should be seeing at least 20% off MSRP (dealer discount and rebates). You may even be able to get closer to 21% or 22% off MSRP (About $12K off MSRP). It honestly just depends on the dealer. In Southern California, some dealers have a $1,000 dealer discount where others have a $6,000 dealer discount.

Users who are viewing this thread