5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dramrod

Reaction score
BLUF
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Built-To-Serve, Gray
MSRP: 56,700
Discount: $14,780 (utilizing USAA rebate)
OTD: $44419 with “freight”, FL registration, and $799 doc fee (I’ll pay sales tax separately).

If you’re in the DMV, Lustine CJDR was amazing.
Cheaper doc fees than Koons, too. EXCELLENT service by Nahom Hagos! Highly highly recommend. Please keep in mind, this is the 4th dealership in search of this vehicle and just from a few moments chatting with this gentleman over the phone, i wanted to do business with him.

How this worked: Another dealer had this vehicle, but the General Sales Manager has an excellent relationship with Dulles CJDR, so they did a vehicle trade. He picked it up the night from when i said “we have a deal.”

Something to consider, Lustine has a free lifetime powertrain warranty, too.

Cheers!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
BLUF
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Built-To-Serve, Gray
MSRP: 56,700
Discount: $14,780 (utilizing USAA rebate)
OTD: $44419 with “freight”, FL registration, and $799 doc fee (I’ll pay sales tax separately).

If you’re in the DMV, Lustine CJDR was amazing.
Cheaper doc fees than Koons, too. EXCELLENT service by Nahom Hagos! Highly highly recommend. Please keep in mind, this is the 4th dealership in search of this vehicle and just from a few moments chatting with this gentleman over the phone, i wanted to do business with him.

How this worked: Another dealer had this vehicle, but the General Sales Manager has an excellent relationship with Dulles CJDR, so they did a vehicle trade. He picked it up the night from when i said “we have a deal.”

Something to consider, Lustine has a free lifetime powertrain warranty, too.

Cheers!
Now, this is a deal! Too bad i'm on the wrong coast.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Here in California, I was able to get my $62,500 sticker Rebel for $55k out the door. I'll take it. That made it ~$50,000 before TTL.

Reaction score
Not sure if it counts because it’s used, but I’m just curious how people think I did on this deal. First ram and first truck, I’m excited!

2019 Limited with eTorque.
Level 1, Tow package, Pano roof, 33 gallon tank, 22” rims, bed utility group. Had 50k miles.

paid 43k for the truck, ended up adding a 7 year 100k mile extended bumper to bumper warranty for $2800 on top. Total all in was just under 50k OTD. Pick it up on Monday!

I hate the tow mirrors and plan on replacing those ASAP. Has anyone done that?

Just curious your thoughts on buying @ 50k miles. I tend to stay awhile from buying at this high mileage, but would love to hear a different opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Interesting. So Ram still doesn't have the pricing for 2021s up which is absurd but NADA seems to have it all from what I just checked so here's my obersvations.

All these apply to the Limited 4x4 5'7" Model
HEMI is now standard on the Limited (sorry V-6 guys/gals)
ORG went up from $795 to $840 for Limited
eTorque is same $200 difference as regular HEMI from 2020
3.92 is the same at $95
Body Color Bumper Group is the same at $195
Technology Group is new and $1095 (I thought I remembered reading that the LED CHMSL Lamp was going to have a camera in it as well but it doesn't show that...anyone know for sure?)
Trailer Tow Group went up to $995 from $400 in 2020 but includes Trailer Light Check, Trailer Reverse Steering Control and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring to go along with trailer brake and tow mirrors BUT the Trailer Tow Group includes the same tow mirrors from 2020 (non-power fold and no surround view)
33-Gallon Fuel Tank remains the same at $445
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof remains the same at $1495
Power-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors with Surround View are $445 by themselves
Multi-Function Tailgate is the same at $995
Rambox is the same at $995
Tri-Fold is the same at $550
Night Edition is the Black Appearance Group replacement and is now $3995 and DOES include the Tri-Fold Tonneau according to this so that differs from earlier reports but is consistent with the Black Appearance Group from 2020. It includes the exact same stuff as the Black Appearance Group.
22" Wheels are the same at $2095
Trailer Camera Wiring w/no camera is new at $590

Lastly, the Bed Utility Group states that "deployable bed step moves from side of bumper to center of bumper when (MWK) mult-function tailgate is selected" so maybe they finally fixed whatever issue prevented the bigger center step from being included...we'll see.
My Dealer told me the “New” trailer tow group list NO mirrors. If you want trailer tow mirrors, power is the ONLY choice at an extra cost of course

Tonner

Reaction score
My Dealer told me the “New” trailer tow group list NO mirrors. If you want trailer tow mirrors, power is the ONLY choice at an extra cost of course
Correct. The new trailer group does not come with tow mirrors. Just the regular mirrors. Tow mirrors are another add-on.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure if it counts because it’s used, but I’m just curious how people think I did on this deal. First ram and first truck, I’m excited!

2019 Limited with eTorque.
Level 1, Tow package, Pano roof, 33 gallon tank, 22” rims, bed utility group. Had 50k miles.

paid 43k for the truck, ended up adding a 7 year 100k mile extended bumper to bumper warranty for $2800 on top. Total all in was just under 50k OTD. Pick it up on Monday!

I hate the tow mirrors and plan on replacing those ASAP. Has anyone done that?

Initially I thought bad deal but after researching it, looks like you did OK. In Texas, 30k mile 2019 Limiteds are in the $50's so another 7K of seems inline. If you're ok with the mileage, go.

hratiu

Reaction score
It took five hours but I walked out with a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi (non e-torque) Level 2, Built to Serve with blind spot ($595), 3.92 ($95) and total window was $52155 and I got 5500 in Rebates and 7000 discount or 23.9 percent off MSRP. They off course started at full list minus rebates plus their 2300 in add ons. Dealer has about six BTS total. This dealer had additional model mark ups on the Rebels, but hey never once acted like this was some special package or was limited in any matter. They did have a 2wd drive model on the show room floor. But the package just never really came up.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
It took five hours but I walked out with a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi (non e-torque) Level 2, Built to Serve with blind spot ($595), 3.92 ($95) and total window was $52155 and I got 5500 in Rebates and 7000 discount or 23.9 percent off MSRP. They off course started at full list minus rebates plus their 2300 in add ons. Dealer has about six BTS total. This dealer had additional model mark ups on the Rebels, but hey never once acted like this was some special package or was limited in any matter. They did have a 2wd drive model on the show room floor. But the package just never really came up.
I am working on the same deal like you - should I walk away?? Sticker price $65K with BTS, Level 2, Ram Box, Pano, MFT - they are asking $59K plus TTL. Im in Southern Cali.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
What options did you get? 3.92? Panoramic? Ram box? etc

hratiu

Reaction score
What options did you get? 3.92? Panoramic? Ram box? etc
no. just 3.92 (which i could do without because i don't tow), blind spot ($595), BH level 2, Blue paint($100). Very few trucks in Vegas have Ram Boxes. Just isn't a popular option. Maybe because of theft issues. Some crazy person can just pry those open. i liked this one because it didn't have the panoramic or Nav. What a rip off NAV is. $2,095 for NAV that is free on your phone.

hratiu

Reaction score
I am working on the same deal like you - should I walk away?? Sticker price $65K with BTS, Level 2, Ram Box, Pano, MFT - they are asking $59K plus TTL. Im in Southern Cali.
I started very low and we went back and forth six times. on the third time, i asked for my key back and every time he came back after that with the sales director, i asked for the key again. I probably left money on the table, but I feel it was a far deal and I was happy with it.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I picked up my 2020 Limited yesterday from Koons. My experience From start to finish from Koons was very good! I ordered my truck on 4/27. My order was for 8% under “invoice” plus rebates at time of sale plus TTL and $799 doc fee. NOTE: As most know, Koons went from 8% under invoice to 6% under and doc fee went up to $899. Craig states truck sales have not slowed down even through COVID and that’s why they were backing off the deeper discount. So take that for what it’s worth to you. It was delivered to the dealer on 7/6. Due to personal travel and a delayed graduation, I wasn’t able to get there till this week (Friday). The numbers stayed the same and did not change from when I ordered the truck till I finalized the sale yesterday. No junk fees were added nor any add ons. They did however try to sell an extended warranty like all dealers do. But I told the finance lady that I decline the extended warranty. She wanted to still tell me about what all it covers and then I could say no. After she finished, I smiled and said no Thank You. There was no pressure or hard sell attempted after I said no. All documents were clear and very easy to understand and there were no math games played like a lot of dealers do when you get to the finance office at a dealership. We were in the finance office maybe 10 minutes max. I did get my own loan before I left home and had the Cashiers Check in hand. Done!

MSRP = $68,605
8% under Invoice = $57,884.56
Rebates =$1,500
Final before TTL = $56,334

I live in Atlanta Metro area so we had to drive the truck home. We toured the DC area for a while then hit the road. Stopped for a hotel stay on the way home. We were in no rush to get home. It was right at 650 mile trip. I am very happy to report the Hemi with 3.21 gears achieved 21.5 MPG! That’s according to the trucks onboard computer. I know this is not the most reliable but based on my 2013 RAM wasn’t far off. Having the 33 gallon tank was nice with a full tank range of over 700 miles per the truck computer.

So I have to say that I LOVE this truck!! The ride quality, quite cabin, sound system etc. etc. etc were phenomenal!!!! And one last thing..............So far, my A/C works GREAT!!! It blows very cold air and we kept it on 3 or 4 fan speed most of the time even with the Pano shield open. So far no complaints!!! Fingers crossed!!

For those considering ordering a 2021 or getting a new 2020 lot truck, I was told that the new Uconnect 5 will be available on the 2021 MY in the 2nd half of 2021.

Ok that’s my report......Good Luck to everyone on your trucks!!

Attachments

• CAEB02CF-200A-4A17-A588-5A5358D921C3.jpeg
    CAEB02CF-200A-4A17-A588-5A5358D921C3.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 71
  • EB7A0519-8CF0-441B-A3FE-A1B4251B69C5.jpeg
    EB7A0519-8CF0-441B-A3FE-A1B4251B69C5.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 24937873-7302-415A-A7CF-C6B9827D3B81.jpeg
    24937873-7302-415A-A7CF-C6B9827D3B81.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 83
  • F11BE6AD-B818-42AC-BE9C-87AF0D278D2F.jpeg
    F11BE6AD-B818-42AC-BE9C-87AF0D278D2F.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 48F0C0A4-E081-42D6-986C-5FC76999DAFC.jpeg
    48F0C0A4-E081-42D6-986C-5FC76999DAFC.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
Just curious your thoughts on buying @ 50k miles. I tend to stay awhile from buying at this high mileage, but would love to hear a different opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nowadays most modern vehicles can run to 2-300k with no issues. I’m not concerned, especially with a full bumper to bumper for another 100k. I know the story behind the original owner actually, he was a contractor who just put a lot of highway miles on. Needed a heavy duty, which is why he traded in.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

To clarify, Uconnect 5 isn’t coming until a year from now (second half of 2021?). If so, it sounds like it won’t be here until the 2022 model year. Or was that a typo?

QUOTE="Brianziggy64, post: 319535, member: 18630"]
I picked up my 2020 Limited yesterday from Koons. My experience From start to finish from Koons was very good! I ordered my truck on 4/27. My order was for 8% under “invoice” plus rebates at time of sale plus TTL and $799 doc fee. NOTE: As most know, Koons went from 8% under invoice to 6% under and doc fee went up to $899. Craig states truck sales have not slowed down even through COVID and that’s why they were backing off the deeper discount. So take that for what it’s worth to you. It was delivered to the dealer on 7/6. Due to personal travel and a delayed graduation, I wasn’t able to get there till this week (Friday). The numbers stayed the same and did change from when I ordered the truck till I finalized the sale yesterday. No junk fees were added nor any add ons. They did however try to sell an extended warranty like all dealers do. But I told the finance lady that I decline the extended warranty. She wanted to still tell me about what all it covers and then I could say no. After she finished, I smiled and said no Thank You. There was no pressure or hard sell attempted after I said no. All documents were clear and very easy to understand and there were no math games played like a lot of dealers do when you get to the finance office at a dealership. We were in the finance office maybe 10 minutes max. I did get my own loan before I left home and had the Cashiers Check in hand. Done!

MSRP = $68,605
Rebates =$1,500

I live in Atlanta Metro area so we had to drive the truck home. We toured the DC area for a while then hit the road. Stopped for a hotel stay on the way home. We were in no rush to get home. It was right at 650 mile trip. I am very happy to report the Hemi with 3.21 achieved 21.5 MPG! That’s according to the trucks onboard computer. I know this is not the most reliable but based on my 2013 RAM wasn’t far off. Having the 33 gallon tank was nice with a full tank range of over 700 miles per the truck computer.

So I have to say that I LOVE this truck!! The ride quality, quite cabin, sound system etc. etc. etc were phenomenal!!!! And one last thing..............So far, my A/C works GREAT!!! It blows very cold air and we kept it on 3 or 4 fan speed most of the time even with the Pano shield open. So far no complaints!!! Fingers crossed!!

For those considering ordering a 2021 or getting a new 2020 lot truck, I was told that the Uconnect will be available on the 2021 MY in the 2nd half of 2021.

[/QUOTE]

SDRebel2021

Reaction score

To clarify, Uconnect 5 isn’t coming until a year from now (second half of 2021?). If so, it sounds like it won’t be here until the 2022 model year. Or was that a typo?

QUOTE="Brianziggy64, post: 319535, member: 18630"]
I picked up my 2020 Limited yesterday from Koons. My experience From start to finish from Koons was very good! I ordered my truck on 4/27. My order was for 8% under “invoice” plus rebates at time of sale plus TTL and $799 doc fee. NOTE: As most know, Koons went from 8% under invoice to 6% under and doc fee went up to $899. Craig states truck sales have not slowed down even through COVID and that’s why they were backing off the deeper discount. So take that for what it’s worth to you. It was delivered to the dealer on 7/6. Due to personal travel and a delayed graduation, I wasn’t able to get there till this week (Friday). The numbers stayed the same and did change from when I ordered the truck till I finalized the sale yesterday. No junk fees were added nor any add ons. They did however try to sell an extended warranty like all dealers do. But I told the finance lady that I decline the extended warranty. She wanted to still tell me about what all it covers and then I could say no. After she finished, I smiled and said no Thank You. There was no pressure or hard sell attempted after I said no. All documents were clear and very easy to understand and there were no math games played like a lot of dealers do when you get to the finance office at a dealership. We were in the finance office maybe 10 minutes max. I did get my own loan before I left home and had the Cashiers Check in hand. Done!

MSRP = $68,605
Rebates =$1,500

I live in Atlanta Metro area so we had to drive the truck home. We toured the DC area for a while then hit the road. Stopped for a hotel stay on the way home. We were in no rush to get home. It was right at 650 mile trip. I am very happy to report the Hemi with 3.21 achieved 21.5 MPG! That’s according to the trucks onboard computer. I know this is not the most reliable but based on my 2013 RAM wasn’t far off. Having the 33 gallon tank was nice with a full tank range of over 700 miles per the truck computer.

For those considering ordering a 2021 or getting a new 2020 lot truck, I was told that the Uconnect will be available on the 2021 MY in the 2nd half of 2021.

[/QUOTE]
I think what he might have meant is "the Uconnect will be available on the 2021 MY in the 2nd half of 2020."

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think what he might have meant is "the Uconnect will be available on the 2021 MY in the 2nd half of 2020."

There’s only four months left this year. I don’t think it’s coming this year. Talk about Ram pissing off customers if they made it available a month or two into ordering for the 2021’s.

Perhaps it’ll be a mid-2021 release meaning it would be available late this year/early next year for the second half of the 2021-MY.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score

Craig at Koons stated it would be available in the 2nd half of the 2021 MY.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Craig at Koons stated the new Uconnect 5 would be available in the 2nd half of the 2021 MY.

Users who are viewing this thread