5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
The Ram Rebel hunt may be over today....not the perfect build but close enough after months of holding out.

2020 Rebel CC 5.7 hemi etorque
Flame red two-tone
Black/red luxury leather
Sunroof
Level 2
Rebel 12
Rambox system
Comfort/Convenience group
TBC
33 gallon fuel

**missing a bedliner and multifunction tailgate unfortunately. Line-x deal for about $350 as soon as I pick it up.

MSRP 62,145
OTD 56,000 including TTL (roughly 52,400 before TTL)

Quick math shows 15.7-15.8% off MSRP. For Texas, this is about as good as it’s getting thus far for me. Everyone wants 1,800-3,000 extra with dealer add-on’s and all sorts of other BS.
Wish I got this deal. Take it.

JCebula

Reaction score
Anyone else think the rebates will be better tomorrow?

I’m trying to get a Built-To-Serve BH, msrp $56,5k for close to $40k as possible. Only other rebate that i know i qualify for us the $1k Usaa one.
There have been MANY posts about this freight charge, but it still appears obtuse for me.
My bts stickered at $58,160. I paid $46,984. They weren't budging another inch. I did get them to come up money on my trade. They were only allotted 2 trucks and both were sold the same day they came off the hauler.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-225521_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725-225521_Chrome.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 104

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Ram Rebel hunt may be over today....not the perfect build but close enough after months of holding out.

2020 Rebel CC 5.7 hemi etorque
Flame red two-tone
Black/red luxury leather
Sunroof
Level 2
Rebel 12
Rambox system
Comfort/Convenience group
TBC
33 gallon fuel

**missing a bedliner and multifunction tailgate unfortunately. Line-x deal for about $350 as soon as I pick it up.

MSRP 62,145
OTD 56,000 including TTL (roughly 52,400 before TTL)

Quick math shows 15.7-15.8% off MSRP. For Texas, this is about as good as it’s getting thus far for me. Everyone wants 1,800-3,000 extra with dealer add-on’s and all sorts of other BS.
Good price for now!

Boykin2

Reaction score
My bts stickered at $58,160. I paid $46,984. They weren't budging another inch. I did get them to come up money on my trade. They were only allotted 2 trucks and both were sold the same day they came off the hauler.
Do you mind if I ask how much of that was dealer discount and how much incentive? Thanks

gf2020

Reaction score
Well, I made a purchase in the past 2 weeks but you guys won't be happy. :cautious:

Could not come to terms on a reasonably equipped Laramie EcoDiesel anywhere near me so I bought a Chevrolet instead: 2020 Silverado 1500 RST Z71 with the 3.0 inline 6-cylinder diesel. Traded in both my 2010 Toyota Tundra and my 2018 Subaru Forester and received good values for both.

Compared to the local Ram dealers, this Chevrolet store was much easier to deal with and very transparent in its pricing and negotiating. I should have bought a Laramie EcoDiesel in May but I got cold feet and by the time I decided to get serious the market had turned and inventory was even more scarce. I was trying to buy this Laramie but we were stuck at $3000 apart and I wasn't willing to budge.

The Silverado interior is light years behind the Ram but the new diesel powertrain, with the 10-speed automatic, seems more refined than the EcoDiesel. Time will tell, in the end it is still just a truck. (y)

20200724_174604.jpg

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The GM diesel sounds like a well engineered powerplant, you should be happy withit. Like you said, a truck is a truck, none of the newer models are that much worse or better, some ride and looks differences but all have power to spare for the typical truck usage.

On the trailer towing forums all makes with v8 diesels are well reviewed as far as pulling.

Always will be fan boys who argue over minutia but in the long run you aren’t hurt by owning any of them and all major brands have their issues or lemons.

As a side note, my brothers DMax (2015 2500 with just 70K on it) could be one of those lemons. Here’s a recent text: “then my diesel for the 4th time went into 5mph limp mode climbing on l-70 out of Denver with no warning and shut us down. Finally got it running and drove back to the house, dropped off the camper and dropped truck off at John Elway Chev. They can’t even look at it until Tuesday. Truck situation just sucks. We plan on arbitration with Chevrolet over this. Told the service writers “so fix it or burn in right there in the Chevy Shop. This is just bulls*it.”

He has 2,000 miles left on his extended warranty and he’s been stranded 4 times with some turbo vane issue... I wouldn't trust the truck anymore, especially when hauling an 11K 5th wheel up Colorado passes...

As much as I like the RAM ride (1500 Ltd) if my wife had preferred something else, that’s what would be in the garage. I just work for it...

Last edited by a moderator:

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Well, I made a purchase in the past 2 weeks but you guys won't be happy. :cautious:

Could not come to terms on a reasonably equipped Laramie EcoDiesel anywhere near me so I bought a Chevrolet instead: 2020 Silverado 1500 RST Z71 with the 3.0 inline 6-cylinder diesel. Traded in both my 2010 Toyota Tundra and my 2018 Subaru Forester and received good values for both.

Compared to the local Ram dealers, this Chevrolet store was much easier to deal with and very transparent in its pricing and negotiating. I should have bought a Laramie EcoDiesel in May but I got cold feet and by the time I decided to get serious the market had turned and inventory was even more scarce. I was trying to buy this Laramie but we were stuck at $3000 apart and I wasn't willing to budge.

The Silverado interior is light years behind the Ram but the new diesel powertrain, with the 10-speed automatic, seems more refined than the EcoDiesel. Time will tell, in the end it is still just a truck. (y)

View attachment 64595
Beautiful truck! Sometimes you have to cross the enemy lines if the dealers refuse to be reasonable.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sticker on my big horn 1500 was $52,250 and paid $40,000 before taxes and what not. Employee price brought it to $46,000 and there was $6,000 in rebates.
Nice deal.

Mind if I ask you what dealer you went too? I personally think that for some of these great deals, some free advertising for that dealer would help all as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Im_Jonesin

Reaction score
Nice deal.

Mind if I ask you what dealer you went too? I personally think that for some of these great deals, some free advertising for that dealer would help all as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ziegler Chrysler in Schaumburg IL

BowDown

Reaction score

View attachment 64595
Beautiful truck! Sometimes you have to cross the enemy lines if the dealers refuse to be reasonable.

I almost did the same thing for the same reason

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I almost did the same thing for the same reason
Well I wouldn't have blamed you if you did. I've been looking for a deal on a Rebel in the last 1.5 years and I looked across state lines, to no avail. So I'm not going to judge anyone who decides to cross to the other side.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 64595

Congrats on the new truck! It’s a beaut! The Chevy is a pretty good looking truck...it’s definitely grown in me since the redesign. And I think their baby duramax will end up being a much better choice over the EcoDiesel. Please stick around and provide updates!

dkoster02

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 limited last week. I showed up and it had 5,000 miles on it. MSRP was 68K, and with it having 5K miles on it and a dent in one of the doors, I was able to get them down to 53K out the door and an agreement in writing they would have to fix the damage.

I feel like I got a deal until my 12" uconnect started telling me my device isnt recognized every 5 seconds. Still think I got a good deal though in my eyes lol

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
A
Congrats on the new truck! It’s a beaut! The Chevy is a pretty good looking truck...it’s definitely grown in me since the redesign. And I think their baby duramax will end up being a much better choice over the EcoDiesel. Please stick around and provide updates!
Actually thats not a bad idea at all. While this is a RAM forum, nothing wrong with some competing make/models info, especially “long-term testing”. many of us only came to RAM due to the 5th gen redesign and/or the great pricing, I know I did.

j.rod85

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 limited last week. I showed up and it had 5,000 miles on it. MSRP was 68K, and with it having 5K miles on it and a dent in one of the doors, I was able to get them down to 53K out the door and an agreement in writing they would have to fix the damage.

I feel like I got a deal until my 12" uconnect started telling me my device isnt recognized every 5 seconds. Still think I got a good deal though in my eyes lol
Congrats on the purchase. I am trying to work a deal right now for a 2020 limited with 10K miles on it. MSRP is 70K but they are telling me 56.6 plus ttl. Your deal sounds much better thinking I will play hard ball and walk and see what happens. What were they asking before you got them to 53K out the door?

Users who are viewing this thread