5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

cowboy99

Reaction score
I came across him on the Jeep Gladiator forum. Super nice guy and a lot of people on that forum have dealt with him and reported being really pleased. He is fast on the response and super helpful in my experiences so far. Here's his contact information.

Spencer Heywood
Motor Inn Of Spirit Lake
[email protected]
712-336-2701

Husker
I found Jeff Belzer south of Minneapolis. So far they've been good to work with and I'm at $12k below MSRP on a Laramie Ecodiesel. I'm planning on picking it up this weekend. None of the Omaha or Lincoln dealers were easy to deal with and wouldn't budge from $10k off. The 7 hour drive from Lincoln is worth saving $2k. I was able to put together a deal with them in about 4 hours where I'd been dealing with the others for almost 4 weeks. It was their way or the highway so I took the highway!

Nemz

Reaction score
I had planned to go to a local dealership and order up a 2020 2500 bighorn next week..but since my procrastinating probably made me miss out on the 2020s I guess I will have to look into the 2021s. Does anyone have any build info for any 2021 2500s trims? I don't feel comfortable going into any dealership without prebuilding it and checking invoice prices...etc. Does anyone know where we could get that info? :/

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had planned to go to a local dealership and order up a 2020 2500 bighorn next week..but since my procrastinating probably made me miss out on the 2020s I guess I will have to look into the 2021s. Does anyone have any build info for any 2021 2500s trims? I don't feel comfortable going into any dealership without prebuilding it and checking invoice prices...etc. Does anyone know where we could get that info? :/

You should still be able to order 2020 Heavy Duty's. According to the website below, 2020 Heavy Duty's can be ordered through 8/6/2020. This page was last updated June 23rd, so there might be some changes. A quick email to your dealer should be able to confirm whether they are indeed still able to be ordered.

LaserPP

Reaction score
Hello All,

Been lurking for about a month and have been looking at 2020 Limited 4x4 CrewCabs 5.7 trucks. Here on Long Island seems like no one is budging on price but found a dealer that has a lot of Rams on the lot and are actually discounting them right of the bat (most are just MSRP w/ 1500 incentives)

Here is the deal:
1594921025387.png

I started email communications and want to know if you think it is realistic to get it even lower. I was going to ask for the invoice but read a few post back that puts you at a disadvantage a lot of times. They are asking all the same questions, Lease/Fiance, Currently leasing, whats my zip code. I am trying to stay with the selling price since I believe answering those right now will put my at a disadvantage, is that a correct way of looking at it?

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for you folks that are ordering... are you ordering to finance, or to lease( or can you)? I’m not bias and I’m not going to hate on anybody for leasing ( because you know the buying folks swear against it). Just wanted to know with all of the good rebate info.

I still have about a year to make my mind up, but I’m really interested in a rebel. Once I get close to ordering or searching inventory I would put more info.

Former owner of a 2012 ram 1500...reasearching for a 2020-2021 ram

dgolay

Reaction score
Can you put a copy of your build sheet on here so we can see? That’d be really helpful!

Not the original poster you inquired about but attached is the build for the 2021 Longhorn I just ordered.
Base MSRP Longhorn price went up by around $500 versus 2020.
On Longhorns I was told there is a new Mandatory Package which can not be deleted named the "10th Anniversary Limited Edition package" and which includes the multi function tailgate, white letter tires, 10th anniversary badge on the instrument cluster in some form (no pics of it yet), chrome body-side molding, and Mopar pedal dress up kit.
The new Technology Package is $1095 but for me not worth it as I'm not a big fan of the heads up displays I have had in my other vehicles. If the brake light camera was available as a stand alone option I would have gotten it, but it's only available in the Technology Package

Attachments

• 2021 Longhorn Pricing.png
    2021 Longhorn Pricing.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 74

TAL2GK

Reaction score
I'm ordering a Longhorn and neither dealer that has tried to add the Anniversary Pkg. I don't want any of that stuff, even if it was free.

dgolay

Reaction score
I'm ordering a Longhorn and neither dealer that has tried to add the Anniversary Pkg. I don't want any of that stuff, even if it was free.

I don't either actually, but I was sitting beside the order entry/sale rep when they entered into the system and the ordering software displayed can't delete it/wouldn't accept the order without that option being checked/entered. Have your dealers actually tried to enter your order in the system and if so did it let them?

Nemz

Reaction score
I might have found something I like about 4 hrs away.. Does anyone have some good email templates for beginning the process of an email introduction and negotiating? I'm not sure where to begin and I don't want to just walk in off the street like a passerby to look at the truck, unless you guys think that is the best move?

Appreciate any feedback! Thanks!!

MFD444

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently working with a dealer in NY for a 2019 1500 Big Horn Classic. just curious what you guys would have to say about this. I was a slightly skeptical about the rebate number with the numbers you guys have been posting about and wondering if they're about to start playing games when I sit down at the finance desk. another $1000 is actually added on with a trade in. Final OTD price of about $40,400.

Attachments

• invoicepic.jpg
    invoicepic.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 57

shurik74

Reaction score
Hello All,

Been lurking for about a month and have been looking at 2020 Limited 4x4 CrewCabs 5.7 trucks. Here on Long Island seems like no one is budging on price but found a dealer that has a lot of Rams on the lot and are actually discounting them right of the bat (most are just MSRP w/ 1500 incentives)

Here is the deal:
View attachment 62153

I started email communications and want to know if you think it is realistic to get it even lower. I was going to ask for the invoice but read a few post back that puts you at a disadvantage a lot of times. They are asking all the same questions, Lease/Fiance, Currently leasing, whats my zip code. I am trying to stay with the selling price since I believe answering those right now will put my at a disadvantage, is that a correct way of looking at it?

I was in the same boat and numbers. Dealer did not want to give anything extra to lower the price, in other words "We sell trucks very well nowadays, inventory getting low, we sell it anyway". In my case I did not get extra $1500 since I chose 0% for 36 months.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
I don't either actually, but I was sitting beside the order entry/sale rep when they entered into the system and the ordering software displayed can't delete it/wouldn't accept the order without that option being checked/entered. Have your dealers actually tried to enter your order in the system and if so did it let them?

Not yet - likely tomorrow. Hopefully its just region specific, because I might get a Limited instead. I already want less chrome, not more.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
I think either safety group or comfort and convenience group from 2020 may no longer be available, don't quote me on this.

this is correct, when I spoke about ordering a 2020 Rebel last week, they said it was a 2021. So we went down the options, and safety and convenience was not on there. May be bundled up with other packages.

Best thing would be to wait til RAM website has it out, then build it. Dealers are only guessing options/packages/combinations at this point

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Just did the KBB-thing on My build from the RAM site, then the KBB site -- The RAM build msrp comes to $43,920. As it has the last 10X I've done it
263a.png

Same for the KBB Build and the KBB also indicates that the Invoice is $41,362. A diff. of $2,558.

Estimated tax & license (my zip) -- $3,192. For an "Out-the-Door target price -- @ msrp of $47,112. & @ Invoice of $44,554.

So, with &/or without Incentives you, or anyone, have an "Expectation(s)" of getting Below Invoice + the taxes & fees ?
I was/am hoping to "get out the door" at or below $45,000 -- am I "Dreaming"? (no loan)

This is a Quad Big Horn 4X4 V6 eTorque with Off Road Package & Level 1 + Alpine + Deluxe Cloth Center Console + Rear Wheel Liners . Of course IF they do wind up offering the LED's I'd probably add them !?
Well, it depends. You can definitely go below invoice with Navy Federal car buying service, USAA or even Costco auto - we're talking anywhere between $700 to $1200 below invoice depending on the model (not Rebel though). But that may not be the best deal. You may end up with a better deal if you live close to a volume dealer who can give you 10%-12% (or maybe even more!?) off MSRP plus a 1% corporate discount in which case below invoice doesn't matter since you're getting a better deal this way. But if you live far from a volume dealer, adding an additional $1700-$2000 to ship to your place will probably break even with getting a below invoice deal (excluding rebates).

Paultg

Reaction score
Question for you folks that are ordering... are you ordering to finance, or to lease( or can you)? I’m not bias and I’m not going to hate on anybody for leasing ( because you know the buying folks swear against it). Just wanted to know with all of the good rebate info.

I still have about a year to make my mind up, but I’m really interested in a rebel. Once I get close to ordering or searching inventory I would put more info.

Former owner of a 2012 ram 1500...reasearching for a 2020-2021 ram
I’m not leasing. I’ll be financing.

Paultg

Reaction score
Hello All,

Here is the deal:
View attachment 62153

Don’t worry too much about the details. The reason they ask those questions is to determine if you qualify for additional FCA discounts.

I suggest you decide what you are willing to spend on the truck (total). Give them that number. How they get their is no concern of yours. Generally I’d want to be at least 18%-20% off MSRP. So your truck at $68,025 + dealer fee (not shown above) would sell around $12k-$13k off, then add taxes. But that’s me. Inventory is low and if this truck is the only truck you can find that meets your requirements, then maybe you can be OK with less of a discount.

The other thing to keep in mind is rebates are not great. A good dealer discount is $7k -$8k. To get to $12-$13k off you would need another ~$6k in rebates which isn’t happening in most places. Dealers can offer coupons to make up some of the difference. But many don’t seem desperate to move inventory.

Personally I like a great deal. But you should not feel like 10-15% off is bad either. Your truck above for like $58k is pretty good. Just watch for the fees and stuff they don’t show yet.

HellaHarry

Reaction score
Update
So after everyone's input on here, I decided to look at the Laramie night edition. It's going to end up costing about 10K more but the truck certainly makes me more excited. I still don't think I'm getting a great deal but they don't seem to be budging and the other dealerships I've called in the area don't seem to be working with any better discounts. The rebates on the Laramie are also 2,500 less than the big horn and my sales rep said the dealerships aren't trading cars. This means they have to buy the car from them and that dealership gets the holdback.... not sure about all that but anyhow, here's my deal as it stands right now for a fully loaded Laramie.

MSRP 64,075
Cash Price 58,603
Doc Fee 799
Tax 1,555
Registration 110
Admin Fee 14
-7,750 for my trade-in which I'm sure I could get more if I sold privately but carmax offered me 8k so I don't think it's way off
-3,500 rebates (does that seem about right?)

Total Out The Door = $49,831
+they are going to have a local company spray in the bedliner for me. That's about 500 right?

How bad did I do? I feel better about the car, maybe not as good about the deal...

The Critic

Reaction score
Update
So after everyone's input on here, I decided to look at the Laramie night edition. It's going to end up costing about 10K more but the truck certainly makes me more excited. I still don't think I'm getting a great deal but they don't seem to be budging and the other dealerships I've called in the area don't seem to be working with any better discounts. The rebates on the Laramie are also 2,500 less than the big horn and my sales rep said the dealerships aren't trading cars. This means they have to buy the car from them and that dealership gets the holdback.... not sure about all that but anyhow, here's my deal as it stands right now for a fully loaded Laramie.

MSRP 64,075
Cash Price 58,603
Doc Fee 799
Tax 1,555
Registration 110
Admin Fee 14
-7,750 for my trade-in which I'm sure I could get more if I sold privately but carmax offered me 8k so I don't think it's way off

+they are going to have a local company spray in the bedliner for me. That's about 500 right?

How bad did I do? I feel better about the car, maybe not as good about the deal...

That is a pretty decent deal for the Laramie. In lieu of having the bedliner done by their lowest bidder, ask for an additional $500 off and get the bedliner done yourself.

Paultg

Reaction score
That is a pretty decent deal for the Laramie. In lieu of having the bedliner done by their lowest bidder, ask for an additional $500 off and get the bedliner done yourself.
I agree. This way you can can go back if you ever have issues with the liner. Only prob is the dealer isn’t paying $500 for that.

@HellaHarry
-$5472 dealer discount is OK.
Doc fee sort of high but it is what it is
I’d take your trade to CarMax and get the $8k remove it from the deal.
Maybe when you tell dealer that they will come up more on it. Say they need to beat CarMax by $500.
They can’t lie on the rebates. They put your zip in and FCA prints it out.
you can call FCA if you want to confirm.

good luck!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Update

MSRP 64,075
Cash Price 58,603
Doc Fee 799
Tax 1,555
Registration 110
Admin Fee 14

Not too shabby. I would also give Carvana a chance. They were able to beat Carmax by $2,600 on my Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread