5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ask them to show you the buyers order sheet. Look at the pricing in the center on the bottom. How I negotiate is find the very bottom number on far right as seen in this picture. Most will want to sell for $500 above that however I try to get some of the HB (Dealer Hold Back) in this case it was $2502. I ended up getting $1500 off the 79141 plus any rebates when it showed up. Now look at EP (Employee Pricing) if they ever run that again, JUMP.
d45dcf9131a081cf1ac4b53dea5f156d.plist

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL

Seeing the deal sheet or getting the right price isnt really the issue, its the shady BS games they try to play either to recoup some of the profit you've stripped away or because they think we're effing dumb.

horish

Reaction score
Seeing the deal sheet or getting the right price isnt really the issue, its the shady BS games they try to play either to recoup some of the profit you've stripped away or because they think we're effing dumb.

Yeah, that was the issue. They were only at preferred pricing level, which I was comfortable with, so they weren't losing any money. It was the fact that they had promised to honor the rebates I had when I placed the order, so they subtracted those expired FCA rebates as dealer rebates and then tried to recoup those rebates in the price of my trade. Though, they tried to explain the low value of my trade away with some minor cosmetic issues that are inherent to all 150k vehicles (faded trim, used seat cushions, etc.). It was the lying and the fact that they weren't really honoring what they promised that made me step away.

Now, if I can get that same truck from another dealer, through a dealer-to-dealer transfer or something, I'll happily pay a higher price out of spite.

I'll also take some blame, though. I havn't purchased a new vehicle in over a decade, so I should have gotten the deal w/ trade in writing before placing the order. Lesson learned. :)

Computech1

Reaction score
I am visiting/vacationing in Pismo Beach California for a few months. First time in California. Traveled from Tennessee out here in our new 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited-X 5.7 4x4 (Got the jeep for the wife). If anyone reading this has a contact in California please let me know. I am happy to travel to either end of the state to buy. Looking for a 2020 Gen 3 diesel. So far no dealer local to me will deal unless I come to the dealer in person. Good luck everyone with your purchases.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
[QUO
I am visiting/vacationing in Pismo Beach California for a few months. First time in California. Traveled from Tennessee out here in our new 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited-X 5.7 4x4 (Got the jeep for the wife). If anyone reading this has a contact in California please let me know. I am happy to travel to either end of the state to buy. Looking for a 2020 Gen 3 diesel. So far no dealer local to me will deal unless I come to the dealer in person. Good luck everyone with your purchases.

What part of "pandemic" don't they understand? They're supposed to be doing everything without you have to leave your house. What a joke. I would use that against them and keep searching. Good luck!

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the issue. They were only at preferred pricing level, which I was comfortable with, so they weren't losing any money. It was the fact that they had promised to honor the rebates I had when I placed the order, so they subtracted those expired FCA rebates as dealer rebates and then tried to recoup those rebates in the price of my trade. Though, they tried to explain the low value of my trade away with some minor cosmetic issues that are inherent to all 150k vehicles (faded trim, used seat cushions, etc.). It was the lying and the fact that they weren't really honoring what they promised that made me step away.

Now, if I can get that same truck from another dealer, through a dealer-to-dealer transfer or something, I'll happily pay a higher price out of spite.

I'll also take some blame, though. I havn't purchased a new vehicle in over a decade, so I should have gotten the deal w/ trade in writing before placing the order. Lesson learned. :)

You know I should have thought of this earlier to tell you........but one forum member on here is getting the0% for 84 months on his order cause that’s what was being offered at the time he ordered. He even called RAM and they confirmed that the dealer had to give it to him. I think you can still get those rebates that were being offered at the time you ordered! That would a get you into your truck at the price you want!!! The members handle is Tcanderson20. Send him a private message and he will tell you what he went through and the confirmation from RAM! Good Luck!!

realralfy

Reaction score
Ok....finally pulled the triggered today on a new Ram...

I had a better deal worked out just before Covid hit, wished I had bought then....

2020 Ram Laramie Crew 4x4
Maximum Steel Metallic
5.7 non-etorque
Level 1
14” U Connect
Buckets
Bed Package w/ spray-in Liner
Ram boxes
anti-slip

MSRP $57,680
Dealer Discount 7,580
Rebates $4500
No Doc fee
$45,600 plus taxes
That is a 21% discount from msrp

Could have got another $500 Chrysler Financial Rebate but the rate was so high that it was much cheaper and take the 2.69% for 5 years from a local credit union....

Last edited:

Jtholla

Reaction score
Ok....finally pulled the triggered today on a new Ram...

I had a better deal worked out just before Covid hit, wished I had bought then....

2020 Ram Laramie Crew 4x4
Maximum Steel Metallic
5.7 non-etorque
Level 1
14” U Connect
Buckets
Bed Package w/ spray-in Liner
Ram boxes
anti-slip

MSRP $57,680
Dealer Discount 7,580
Rebates $4500
No Doc fee
$45,600 plus taxes
That is a 21% discount from msrp

Could have got another $500 Chrysler Financial Rebate but the rate was so high that it was much cheaper and take the 2.69% for 5 years from a local credit union....
What extra rebates did you get?

shurik74

Reaction score
On June 21st purchased 2020 1500 Longhorn 6'4" bed

$67K window sticker... after all rebates & discounts came out to $60K, I did not get extra $1500 because I chose 0% for 36 months financing option vs 3.2% 60 months.
  • HEMI non-eTorque
  • 6'4" bed
  • Tow package
  • Air suspension

Paultg

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any feedback on their experience with Criswell dodge I am thinking about ordering a new 2020 from them.

My truck is on order as of 6/19. You can look back a few pages on this thread for my details. I’m waiting right now. Up until now Carl was great to deal with.
I don’t expect anything to change as we complete the process. - Paul G.

Rowbaretow

Reaction score
$52,625 MSRP purchased for $42,625. $10k off making it 19% off.

Attachments

• 84751A85-02DD-4717-A6F9-D0169FB4CBFA.jpeg
    84751A85-02DD-4717-A6F9-D0169FB4CBFA.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 3114C1BF-EED5-4CC3-84B0-9FE72D98BEFF.jpeg
    3114C1BF-EED5-4CC3-84B0-9FE72D98BEFF.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 106

Skater

Reaction score
$52,625 MSRP purchased for $42,625. $10k off making it 19% off.
Beautiful Ram. Great color contrast with with black wheels and badges. Congratulations. Oh, yeah, pretty good deal on the purchase too.

Last edited:

The Critic

Reaction score

Try Hoblit Ram in Woodland, CA. About 4-5 hr from where you are. All of their prices are listed on their website. I just purchased my Ram from there last weekend and it was the easiest purchase I have ever made. Alex and Saul helped me.

dop

Reaction score
I’m in Cali and found a private party on the east coast selling their fully loaded 19 1500 Laramie 6’4” bed for $40k. Is that a good deal? It has about 22-23k miles. I just sold my rav4 and looking to get a truck that’s “luxurious” inside and that’ll be future proof (hauling small/21’ camper trailer, boat, jetskis).

Attachments

• 566C99E6-46BB-4305-8AC2-8086F695F15E.jpeg
    566C99E6-46BB-4305-8AC2-8086F695F15E.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 55

RJS

Reaction score
I’m in Cali and found a private party on the east coast selling their fully loaded 19 1500 Laramie 6’4” bed for $40k. Is that a good deal? It has about 22-23k miles. I just sold my rav4 and looking to get a truck that’s “luxurious” inside and that’ll be future proof (hauling small/21’ camper trailer, boat, jetskis).
That Laramie will be nice inside as it's the twin to my 19 Laramie Level 2 Sport inside. I think the price is ok but if it's really the interior you are after you could buy a Laramie level 2 for a lot less without the power board's, air ride and safety group new and not need to travel to the east coast and see what it really is like. It's also dang long for a standard garage.

You're getting close to the end of the warranty also so it has a couple of strikes again it.

Personally, I'd look closer for a new Laramie L2 or Longhorn/ Limited with less equipment unless you want the top of the line everything.

Kris319

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just ordered my third ram and it's my first time ever doing a factory order. Any good tips and tricks for negotiation would be great. I'm hoping by August there will be go incentives on 2020s.I had to give a 5% non refundable deposit which makes me feel like they already have me by the you know what.

Attachments

• 20200627_135153.jpg
    20200627_135153.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 64

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just ordered my third ram and it's my first time ever doing a factory order. Any good tips and tricks for negotiation would be great. I'm hoping by August there will be go incentives on 2020s.I had to give a 5% non refundable deposit which makes me feel like they already have me by the you know what.

So, some numbers to help you with this. With your MSRP of $57,135, the Invoice Price is $53,701. The Dealer Holdback (3% of MSRP, not including the Destination Charge) is $1,663.20.

I would start your negotiations around the Invoice Price, and go from there. It seems the magic number to at least shoot for is $10,000 off MSRP before TTL (this includes Dealer Discount and Factory Incentives/Rebates). I'd do some research looking at the various dealers in your area to see what kind of discounts dealers are giving off MSRP (Dealer Discount, not Factory Incentives/Rebates). If a dealer has a decent discount off of MSRP, that could easily already get you to the Invoice Price (roughly a $3,500 Dealer Discount on your build). If they have a really good discount, that could get you to Invoice minus Holdback (on your build, that would equate to a roughly $5,000 Dealer Discount).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 18.26.14.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 18.26.14.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread