5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Keezer

Reaction score
Placed an order for a Limited just before COVID shutdown. Been without a vehicle for months. Dealer tells me that my truck is scheduled for delivery later this month. Dealer has been patient and pleasant since I ordered my truck. Dealer offered to give me price based on splitting the holdback. MSRP is $71,665. My price would be $64,746 plus further reduction for available manufacturer rebates. Currently looks like there's only $2K in available rebates. (Bummer because were $4,500 (I think) when I initially ordered the truck during truck month.) Any thoughts from the community? Am I getting a good deal? I can probably push lower and deduct the entire holdback, but would like to be fair to the dealer and make sure they make some profit.
69ba1015ee801de4f3358a67c8749484.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'd try for EP, that was the big incentive around Xmas (end of year) last year. Employee pricing, start there first and see what you can get.

Krootz

Reaction score
In regards to the limited inventory, does anyone else think it's going to be a year or so before the big incentives come back? The plants are slowly coming back online and the manufacturers knowing of the slowing economy will be hesitant to ramp up production to pre-pandemic levels. Also they won't need a big push to get rid of the 2020 stock when the 21s arrive as the shutdown has ensured there's few 2020s to move off the lots. Is this a reasonable read on the situation?
I got $10.5K in rebates. I was pretty shocked I got that much too. Bought it the last day in May

Ram1981

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for slight change in subject. Question: Is there a for sale section in here? I couldn't see one. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Black Pack (in Houston) ill be looking to sell shortly as have decided to return to Australia for family reasons. Apologies again for hijacking the thread.
Hey am also in Houston in the market for a limited v8 , care to share more information on the truck.

SickSix

Reaction score
Placed an order for a Limited just before COVID shutdown. Been without a vehicle for months. Dealer tells me that my truck is scheduled for delivery later this month. Dealer has been patient and pleasant since I ordered my truck. Dealer offered to give me price based on splitting the holdback. MSRP is $71,665. My price would be $64,746 plus further reduction for available manufacturer rebates. Currently looks like there's only $2K in available rebates. (Bummer because were $4,500 (I think) when I initially ordered the truck during truck month.) Any thoughts from the community? Am I getting a good deal? I can probably push lower and deduct the entire holdback, but would like to be fair to the dealer and make sure they make some profit.
69ba1015ee801de4f3358a67c8749484.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Similar situation for me. Ordered a Limited at the end of April, expecting delivery next week. I have the same add-ons as you except no rambox, multi-function tailgate, 33 gal tank, or bed utility group. My current price before available rebates is $58,844. Your additional options come out to another $3.5k MSRP, so you should be closer to $62k before rebates. I would push your dealer for a bigger dealer discount. They will still be making a profit.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
...Another note when I called FCA they sort of explained how these rebates/incentives work and that the dealers can't really like do it wrong or not give them to the buyer, ....

How would they know?
I have purchased vehicles before and the dealer said "For us to sell to you for that price, we get to keep any rebates."

If they are able to do that, I wouldn't put it passed the dealer to accidentally forget to include a rebate or two.

The Critic

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4X2
Level 2 Pkg
Anti-Slip Rear Diff
5.7L eTorque
Bucket Seats

MSRP is $46,370.
$6750 dealer discount
$6000 FCA rebate
$500 First Responder Rebate

$33,120 + tax

I am picking up the truck this weekend. Thoughts?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Level 2 Pkg
Anti-Slip Rear Diff
5.7L eTorque
Bucket Seats

MSRP is $46,370.
$6750 dealer discount
$6000 FCA rebate

$33,120 + tax

I'd say that's pretty good! Roughly 29% off MSRP.

Paultg

Reaction score
How would they know?
I have purchased vehicles before and the dealer said "For us to sell to you for that price, we get to keep any rebates."

If they are able to do that, I wouldn't put it passed the dealer to accidentally forget to include a rebate or two.
She said the money can't be used by the dealer, and that when a mistake happens the dealers pass it on to the customer.
I suspect the rebate money to the customer also means some sort of kick back to dealer. The way she explained it is if they do it wrong, they are also out money. So there is no reason for them to do it incorrectly. - Paul G.

Boston

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for slight change in subject. Question: Is there a for sale section in here? I couldn't see one. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Black Pack (in Houston) ill be looking to sell shortly as have decided to return to Australia for family reasons. Apologies again for hijacking the thread.

There is a buy sell trade section. I’m sure if you get to the end of your time here CarMax will buy it.
Good luck

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
A question with regards to ordering based on some of the replies in this thread.

Lets say I configure a vehicle I want then send it out to dealers asking who will submit the order for the best price.
Does the dealer reply with the "out the door" price or a general price to which the dealer than tacks on other BS fees and stuff?

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
A question with regards to ordering based on some of the replies in this thread.

Lets say I configure a vehicle I want then send it out to dealers asking who will submit the order for the best price.
Does the dealer reply with the "out the door" price or a general price to which the dealer than tacks on other BS fees and stuff?
Ask for a pre-rebate OTD price. They'll need your zip code to calculate TTL. Then you'll know there are no extra hidden fees.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a while taking in all the good information and am hoping to buy a 2020 1500 Big Horn. I started following this thread and incentives around the time Covid-19 was taking off with anticipation incentives would improve. I think most know how that has gone to this point. It seems to me that the Big Horn incentives aren't terrible, but they're not great either. I've test driven a couple of trucks to get a feel for what I want and now I guess I'm just waiting for some better incentives to nudge me in the right direction. I'm not in any hurry whatsoever to buy and a truck is more of a want than a need currently.

For what it's worth, I've been considering the idea of placing an order with a DC area dealer that is well known on this thread, who will order at 8% under invoice, and gamble on better incentives upon arrival. He has been great in answering all of my questions and seems to be very up front about everything. HOWEVER, he did inform me that currently he can only do invoice minus 6% instead of the previously talked about 8%. For my particular build that comes out to just under 11.5% off MSRP, minus rebates at time of delivery, and that's not including their doc fee. Doesn't seem worth the gamble on the unknown incentives to me. Just thought I'd share since I've seen that some have used a quote from this dealer to set the bar for other dealers to match.
Ugh, I was afraid the discount might go down. Now even more reason to wait for the 2021's and hopefully the discount and incentives get better.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Level 2 Pkg
Anti-Slip Rear Diff
5.7L eTorque
Bucket Seats

MSRP is $46,370.
$6750 dealer discount
$6000 FCA rebate

$33,120 + tax

With the supply diminishing, this is a great deal.

Ivan44

Reaction score
Supply isn't diminishing, new trucks are being delivered. Salespeople are just trying to scare buyers into buying

View attachment 59517
NICE. What site is that? i would love to see some more new listings in my area. you are right though they are coming in. all the trucks that were ordered before covid.

ram0686

Reaction score
Level 2 Pkg
Anti-Slip Rear Diff
5.7L eTorque
Bucket Seats

MSRP is $46,370.
$6750 dealer discount
$6000 FCA rebate

$33,120 + tax

Jump on that!!!

KevBo

Reaction score
New here - just picked up a used 2019 Rebel (new style), 5.7 with etorque 4x4 crew cab, 5ft bed. 22k miles, panoramic roof, alpine speakers with sub, 8.4 screen (no nav) heated seats, tow package, mirror dimmer, back up cam, proximity sensors with auto brake, spray in bed liner, etc. granite crystal color red trim interior - It's pretty blinged out.. I drove 7 hours to pick it up. Paid 40k and felt like it was a good deal, maybe not a steal, but it has all the specs I wanted, got 6 year 100k mile extended bumper-bumper warranty for an extra 30 bucks a month. Looks brand new inside and out. Drove it 7 hours home and loved every minute of it (even with the tires at 65psi - which I have sense dropped to what the door suggests and the ride feels even better). I've had it about a week and really like the truck so far. I found it using the cars.com app. MSRP on the window sticker was 58k new.

Juiced6

Reaction score
2020 Rebel
Billet Silver (not a top color but the truck is equipped how i'd want)
Rebel Level 2
5.7L non etorque
12" screen
9 speaker stereo
wheel house liner
bed liner with mopar trifold top

$58,210

Total Savings (not broken down) $7,244

Trade in value of 11,500 for my 2013 Ram Express with 115k and some rust starting to show(which is almost 4k more than dealers wanted to give me last year)
$39,466 + TTL

I did find a hydro blue (color i prefer) Rebel
Rebel 12
Level 2
Panoramic
5.7l etorque (not sure i want this option)
59,815 MSRP

50,879 deal
trade in value TBD but said they could probably match the 11.5k
$39,379 + TTL

Both are crew cabs, 4x4, short beds.
Not sure how much more is on the table...any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread