5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a while taking in all the good information and am hoping to buy a 2020 1500 Big Horn. I started following this thread and incentives around the time Covid-19 was taking off with anticipation incentives would improve. I think most know how that has gone to this point. It seems to me that the Big Horn incentives aren't terrible, but they're not great either. I've test driven a couple of trucks to get a feel for what I want and now I guess I'm just waiting for some better incentives to nudge me in the right direction. I'm not in any hurry whatsoever to buy and a truck is more of a want than a need currently.

For what it's worth, I've been considering the idea of placing an order with a DC area dealer that is well known on this thread, who will order at 8% under invoice, and gamble on better incentives upon arrival. He has been great in answering all of my questions and seems to be very up front about everything. HOWEVER, he did inform me that currently he can only do invoice minus 6% instead of the previously talked about 8%. For my particular build that comes out to just under 11.5% off MSRP, minus rebates at time of delivery, and that's not including their doc fee. Doesn't seem worth the gamble on the unknown incentives to me. Just thought I'd share since I've seen that some have used a quote from this dealer to set the bar for other dealers to match.

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
I finally gave up on getting a local deal on a leftover 2019 truck and ordered from Carl at Criswell Ram. Emailed with the other dealer (Koons) but they dropped their discount to 6% off invoice and have an $800 fee which works out to be 1/2 the savings that Carl offered in my case with a higher MSRP.

Carl did 13% off MSRP, $300 fee, and then take any incentives (-$2500 for me right now in NH). If incentives get better when I pick it up the truck gets cheaper. Plus I can sign up for “tread lightly.org”, pay a small membership fee, bring proof and get another 1% off which is $570.

MSRP on my truck is $57,190. With all mentioned above my OTD will be $46,786 (or less if rebates increase):

MSRP: $57190
Criswell discount: -$7434
Tread lightly.org: -570 +$100 mem fee (not sure)
Sale Price: $49,186
My Rebate as of 6/2020: -$1000 (20CL1) & -$1500 (20CLA1)
Total price: $46,786

That’s 19% and good enough for me. I’m pretty excited. Now I can just enjoy my Miata while I wait for the truck to show up. Hoping it arrives for my 45th birthday in mid September.

Ordered:
2020 1500 Laramie CC / SB, 4WD
Flame Red
5.7L
5-seat buckets with console
Rear wheel liners
Anti-spin diff
33 gallon tank
Dual Pane sunroof
20x9 premium wheels
Laramie Level 1 group
Trailer brake

Nice, congrats. I just learned about and posted regarding the other dealers price change also. I will check these guys out now.

Paultg

Reaction score
Nice, congrats. I just learned about and posted regarding the other dealers price change also. I will check these guys out now.
I’m very happy with Carl. He has a thread too just under Koons thread. It’s worth a chat and he also said he has some trucks coming in (inventory low now). - Paul G.

Skater

Reaction score
I could
I finally gave up on getting a local deal on a leftover 2019 truck and ordered from Carl at Criswell Ram. Emailed with the other dealer (Koons) but they dropped their discount to 6% off invoice and have an $800 fee which works out to be 1/2 the savings that Carl offered in my case with a higher MSRP.

Carl did 13% off MSRP, $300 fee, and then take any incentives (-$2500 for me right now in NH). If incentives get better when I pick it up the truck gets cheaper. Plus I can sign up for “tread lightly.org”, pay a small membership fee, bring proof and get another 1% off which is $570.

MSRP on my truck is $57,190. With all mentioned above my OTD will be $46,786 (or less if rebates increase):

That’s 19% and good enough for me. I’m pretty excited. Now I can just enjoy my Miata while I wait for the truck to show up. Hoping it arrives for my 45th birthday in mid September.

Ordered:
Flame Red
5.7L
Rear wheel liners
Anti-spin diff
33 gallon tank
Dual Pane sunroof
20x9 premium wheels
Laramie Level 1 group
Trailer brake
I could be wrong, but 19% off sticker is a pretty good deal. Great negotiating. Congrats.

Paultg

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but 19% off sticker is a pretty good deal. Great negotiating. Congrats.
Thanks. The best part is I didn’t really have to negotiate. This is the deal Carl’s dealership provides, and the current rebates get me to the 19%. I’m really hoping the rebates get better for NH while I wait. I almost want to the truck to take a bit longer to arrive because I think it will work in my favor.

Carls contact info:
Carl Wilhelm
Criswell Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
301.748.2053-mobile/text
301.590.8426-office
email: [email protected]

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA will honor 0% 84 on a truck that was ordered and being built during Pandemic?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paultg

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA will honor 0% 84 on a truck that was ordered and being built during Pandemic?..

Call FCA directly and ask them, that is your best bet. 1-800-227-0757 is the number I used.
They are very helpful. For rebates/incentives they told me to ask the selling dealer to confirm the order was "protected", which means if the incentives go away, they honor what was available at time of order. If they get better, then you can apply those.
I'm not sure if they also do that for the finance deals though; which is why it's probably best to do your homework and call them directly.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call FCA directly and ask them, that is your best bet. 1-800-227-0757 is the number I used.
They are very helpful. For rebates/incentives they told me to ask the selling dealer to confirm the order was "protected", which means if the incentives go away, they honor what was available at time of order. If they get better, then you can apply those.
I'm not sure if they also do that for the finance deals though; which is why it's probably best to do your homework and call them directly.

I already asked the salesman, and it was a hard no from him. It doesn’t surprise me he was like that though... Gonna call FCA. Any tips?

Skater

Reaction score
I am not sure if FCA you are calling is associated/related/integrated or is part of Ram Cares, but if so, a tip would be have patience and call again. When I call Ram Cares for updates on my order, at times I get very helpful and pleasant folks. Other times I get disconnected multiple times. I have never had a bad experience with someone at Ram Cares, but I think they are very busy answering calls like mine ... "Can you tell me when I will get my Ram?" I have found I get quicker responses using FCA Chat than calling on the phone. Here is the link I use:

Paultg

Reaction score
Gonna call FCA. Any tips?
Not really. I would just explain your situation see what they say.
Another note when I called FCA they sort of explained how these rebates/incentives work and that the dealers can't really like do it wrong or not give them to the buyer, its no good to them. It just helps them sell the truck. So your dealer should be interested in trying to help you, since you could say something like "I was banking on 0% for 84m, if they don't do it I can't buy the truck".
Not sure if that is how you feel, but that is the approach I would take to start taking with them or FCA. It's no one fault that the truck didn't come in, so maybe Covid delays can help be a reason they sort of honor your original deal. Don't hold your breath, but it is certainly worth asking about. - Paul G.

sagthedog

Reaction score
Placed an order for a Limited just before COVID shutdown. Been without a vehicle for months. Dealer tells me that my truck is scheduled for delivery later this month. Dealer has been patient and pleasant since I ordered my truck. Dealer offered to give me price based on splitting the holdback. MSRP is $71,665. My price would be $64,746 plus further reduction for available manufacturer rebates. Currently looks like there's only $2K in available rebates. (Bummer because were $4,500 (I think) when I initially ordered the truck during truck month.) Any thoughts from the community? Am I getting a good deal? I can probably push lower and deduct the entire holdback, but would like to be fair to the dealer and make sure they make some profit.
69ba1015ee801de4f3358a67c8749484.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big Horns are usually where you find the best deals. Deals can be had but it seems like discounts seem to thin out as you go up in models.

I think my dad only got about $7K off MSRP on his 2020 Limited.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Not advocating for Koons (I did order a truck thru them, still waiting on delivery) but I was looking at their cite and saw this truck. It’s a beautiful truck but Holy Cow!!!!!! Too rich for my blood!! I wonder how many guys on here could afford this thing? I didn’t know they added this stuff at the dealer and sell it as new. Just passing along for those still searching.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Not advocating for Koons (I did order a truck thru them, still waiting on delivery) but I was looking at their cite and saw this truck. It’s a beautiful truck but Holy Cow!!!!!! Too rich for my blood!! I wonder how many guys on here could afford this thing? I didn’t know they added this stuff at the dealer and sell it as new. Just passing along for those still searching.

some dealers do these package trucks. That's a black widow package.

Not uncommon.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score

Ordered:
Flame Red
5.7L
Rear wheel liners
Anti-spin diff
33 gallon tank
Dual Pane sunroof
20x9 premium wheels
Laramie Level 1 group
Trailer brake
Dumb question but do you have to have your truck delivered to Criswell Ram or is it possible to have one delivered to a closer dealer? This sounds like a wonderful deal and you got exactly what you wanted, but Criswell is quite the drive for me (Maryland to Illinois).

Last edited:

Paultg

Reaction score
Dumb question but do you have to have your truck delivered to Criswell Ram or is it possible to have one delivered to a closer dealer? This sounds like a wonderful deal and you got exactly what you wanted, but Criswell is quite the drive for me (Maryland to Illinois).
I don’t know, I’m in NH and my boss has a small personal plane, so he said he’d fly me down for free. Worst case I can rent a car or buy a plane ticket. Think it’s an 8 hour drive for me.

If I had to guess the truck would have to go to Criswell for delivery, and then you’d have to have it shipped to you if you didn’t want to fly in and drive it back. You could reach out to Carl and ask though.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Got a 2020 ram 1500 built to serve edition black with most options. Msrp was 54.5k got it down to 40k so out the door I paid 45k I found the exact truck I wanted and shopped around 23% off msrp is always my number

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I’ve already dealt with this question. Whatever dealer you order from, that’s where the factory will ship it to, period. But you can arrange for a transport truck to then ship it to you. I priced a lot of carriers to do this for mine when I was trying to decide what I was going to do. I got estimates of about $250-$550 from Fredricksburg VA (Koons) to Canton GA.

Warney

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for slight change in subject. Question: Is there a for sale section in here? I couldn't see one. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Black Pack (in Houston) ill be looking to sell shortly as have decided to return to Australia for family reasons. Apologies again for hijacking the thread.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
2020 Laramie CC 4x4 5.7
MSRP: 55,925
Dealer Discount: -$4,143
Rebates: -$3,500
Trade: -$6,000
Fees (TTL): $2,700ish
OTD: $45,495

My initial thinking: I should shoot for my initial offer at 20% off - that's $4,000 off ($41,500) or shoot for 18.5% ($42,300) which is a more $3,200 off...right now it's at 12.7%. I feel like if I go too low they will laugh at me/not take me seriously - or maybe they would have went that low if I ask for 18.5%. (Truck price only)

Honestly the entire OTD is 18.6% off right now (including trade) - I really don't care how they make the offer look just lower the OTD...just thinking the over the internet (pics and VIN #) trade value slightly below KBB of $6000 (it's short of the mid KBB value by $600) needs to increase some to get that OTD price a little lower so I feel good about the deal...

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread