5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RJS

Reaction score
Leasing Company (Budget/Avis) which all these vehicles are single owner leases.
You might want to take the VIN and see if FCA would sell you a Mopar extended warranty (service contract) on it. You could check through Ziegler or some of the usual suspects. It could give you extra confidence if you do decide to purchase. My last 4 cars until I bought the 19 Laramie new were 1 year old cars that dealers bought from auction and resold. I don't know the history of some of them but I did do a Carfax and checked the history I could find as well as close to 100 miles of driving them prior to purchase. They all worked out well.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Just checked my local dealer, if i ordered a new 2020 Bighorn he said he would lock in the price of june incentives for whenever the truck is delivered.
I am having a hard time beleiving this, anybody hear this also?
What if the incentives are better when you take delivery? Would you still be stuck with the lower June incentives? The incentives now are not that good. If it's a choice between June's incentives or the incentives when you take delivery, I would take the latter.

The Critic

Reaction score
What if the incentives are better when you take delivery? Would you still be stuck with the lower June incentives? The incentives now are not that good. If it's a choice between June's incentives or the incentives when you take delivery, I would take the latter.

Between the 7/4 incentives and the recent changes I am seeing $6k for the Bighorns. Possibly $7k if you count the consumer bonus cash coupon that some dealers are mentioning. How much better does it get?

1) 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1 - $2,000

2) California BC Independence Day Bonus Cash CACLX - $500

3) Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5 - $500

4) National Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1 - $2,000

5) Chrysler Capital Retail Bonus Cash 39CLM - $1,000

6) Consumer Bonus Cash Coupon 28HLS - $1000 ???

Total: $7,000?

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Between the 7/4 incentives and the recent changes I am seeing $6k for the Bighorns. Possibly $7k if you count the consumer bonus cash coupon that some dealers are mentioning. How much better does it get?

1) 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1 - $2,000

2) California BC Independence Day Bonus Cash CACLX - $500

3) Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5 - $500

4) National Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1 - $2,000

5) Chrysler Capital Retail Bonus Cash 39CLM - $1,000

6) Consumer Bonus Cash Coupon 28HLS - $1000 ???

Total: $7,000?

Call the incentive center to find out from the experts and they can tell you for sure what's combinable and what isn't. The Chrysler Capital ones obviously means you need to finance with Chrysler. 1-800-227-0757; Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.

The Critic

Reaction score
Call the incentive center to find out from the experts and they can tell you for sure what's combinable and what isn't. The Chrysler Capital ones obviously means you need to finance with Chrysler. 1-800-227-0757; Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.
Thanks for the idea - I just called and was advised that 20CL1 and 20CL5 are not compatible, but it is unclear if this can be circumvented if I was financed at unsubsidized rates. All of the other incentives except the Bonus Cash Coupon checked out.

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea - I just called and advised that 20CL1 and 20CL5 are not compatible, but it is unclear if this can be circumvented if I was financed at unsubsidized rates. All of the other incentives except the Bonus Cash Coupon checked out.

If you finance at unsubsidized rates, the Chrysler capital rebates should apply. It has always in the past.

ktl5005

Reaction score
It is considered a CPO vehicle with the better warranty? That is what I’d expect since the truck is used.
I bought a 2019 CPO Limited. One owner. 15k miles. Got a MOPAR extended warranty from Zeigler. Love my decision. Still practically new, but not paying the new price or loosing that 1-2 year depreciation.

RB1500

Reaction score
Just ordered my 2020 bighorn level 2 and alot of options. Msrp 60,890 negotiated price 47,985 plus ttl . About 21% off at june incentives.
Its the best I could do, what do you guys think?

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Just ordered my 2020 bighorn level 2 and alot of options. Msrp 60,890 negotiated price 47,985 plus ttl . About 21% off at june incentives.
Nice. I just ordered a Laramie and was only able to get to about 12% off, but that’s before incentives. I’m hoping the incentives are good on August/September and it gets me to 20% off MSRP.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good deal.

Mine listed for $54,715 and I got it for $44,040 + TTL

Don't think you left many (if any) options unchecked. ;)

RB1500

Reaction score
I hope the incentives are even better at delivery but they are saying they will honor june incentives if they aren’t.

U

User_3336

Less than 12 months old or 12,000 miles nets you the best price on a MOPAR/FCA extended warranty.

there is a $100 surcharge afterwards up to 36,000/3 years, but still a heck of a deal.

Check out online dealers who offer the same genuine MOPAR esp, such as Zeigler.

they have a promo code for forum members. "PAYINFULL" promo codes gets you $365 off the online price.

You might want to take the VIN and see if FCA would sell you a Mopar extended warranty (service contract) on it. You could check through Ziegler or some of the usual suspects. It could give you extra confidence if you do decide to purchase. My last 4 cars until I bought the 19 Laramie new were 1 year old cars that dealers bought from auction and resold. I don't know the history of some of them but I did do a Carfax and checked the history I could find as well as close to 100 miles of driving them prior to purchase. They all worked out well.

Last edited by a moderator:

brotherGood

Reaction score
I'm curious how they're holding incentives..the lot I worked for as well as the lot I got my truck from could not hold incentives from order date. Initially I was going to order my truck, but I couldn't guarantee the rebates and such would be strong enough in 3 months and I'd be awful pissed if I had a window sticker in my name that I couldn't pay for.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
honestly, i don't think they can "hold" incentives per se....

When i ordered mine he couldn't even apply incentives UNTIL it went into a certain phase AND he had a VIN#....

BUT If an incentive EXPIRES and your truck was already ordered, they will just get special permission from their FCA Rep to honor it, but there is a process...

So technically they can BUT i don't the dealer themselves can do it WITHOUT a sanction from Chrysler.... (unless they are super shady- soooo about 95%) lol

Last edited:

Flash25296

Reaction score
I am new to buying a vehicle as I have not purchased a vehicle in 19 years. I am looking at the 1500 (have a need to tow a TT now) and I am seeing 2019's new on dealer lots in my area as well as 2020's and they are looking very similar in price. Now I am reading in this thread that people are going to be able to order 2021's in end of July. I would think the dealer would try to dump the 2019's but that does not appear to be happening at least in my searches. My question pertains to people posting about some percentage off MSRP and it appears people are getting some pretty good deals. So is the MSRP you are referring to the sticker price on the vehicle? I obviously have some negotiating skills to develop quickly if I want to get a good deal.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
I am new to buying a vehicle as I have not purchased a vehicle in 19 years. I am looking at the 1500 (have a need to tow a TT now) and I am seeing 2019's new on dealer lots in my area as well as 2020's and they are looking very similar in price. Now I am reading in this thread that people are going to be able to order 2021's in end of July. I would think the dealer would try to dump the 2019's but that does not appear to be happening at least in my searches. My question pertains to people posting about some percentage off MSRP and it appears people are getting some pretty good deals. So is the MSRP you are referring to the sticker price on the vehicle? I obviously have some negotiating skills to develop quickly if I want to get a good deal.
For some good reading, I would start here:

It’s a few years old, but it’ll give you a decent amount of knowledge about the process. I highly recommend avoiding the dealerships at all costs in person. Do all your negotiating via email and get multiple dealers bidding against each other for your business. It’s the only way to maintain the upper hand, and it’s a lot easier to stick to your guns via e-mail compared to on the phone or in person, at least for me.

Paultg

Reaction score
I’m new too, but I think the answer to you question is “Yes“ regarding MSRP.
I’m thinking the same way your are too about purchase.
I use https://windowstickerlookup.com/
To verify vehicle options and full MSRP.
I’m trying not to be to picking on what I want.
  • 2019 1500 Classic : I’ll consider at 40% off MSRP with discount & incentives/rebates
  • 2019 1500 Gen 5: My opinion is these should be at least 25-30% off with discount and incentives/rebate
  • 2020 1500 Gen 5: seems like deals are difficult right now but maybe in the next few months 20% off with discount and rebates will be achievable.
That’s really from just reading here and well I like a deal. I’m trying not to be in a big rush. Inventory in my area is better for left over Classics right now than 2019 or 2020 Gen 5s in the trim I’d like. Plenty of higher optioned trucks but too much $$$ for me. I am hoping & waiting that incentives/rebates will get better.
In a month or two if they don’t and Inventory is meh by then I’ll just order a 2021 the way I want from the large dealer on this site in NC. It will still be decent deal, just not super cheap. I keep looking for used / CPO too.

Users who are viewing this thread