5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah RAM could increase sales from other brands with a 40-50 hp/tq bump. I’m no engine builder but theres got to be a way that doesn’t overly stress the block to satisfy the bean counters who look at warranty claims.
And bring back 3.55’s!

The easiest way would be going to the 6.4 and retaining MDS and VVT.
The engine is really maxed out at its current displacement with respect to maintaining driveability and a truck type torque curve.
Boost would be an even better enhancement because it would deliver a better truck torque curve yet retain its driving civility.

40-50 Hp/ Tq increase could be had with the current 5.7 but the truck would feel very lazy. I was hoping for a SRT version of the 1500 preferably with a detuned Hellcat engine, maybe 600 to 650 flywheel hp

BowDown

Reaction score
I agree FCA needs a stronger powertrain option as they are 4/5 right which is sad. They have the 6.4 HEMI they could offer in the 1500 but the 410/420 specs on the 2500 are meh. They should work on a more powerful efficient option now that CAFE standards have been lifted.

Ford
EcoBoost V-6
450hp 510lb-ft

Ram
5.7 V8
395hp 410lb-ft

GM
6.2 V8
420hp 460lb-ft

Toyota
5.7 V8
381hp 401lb-ft

Nissan
5.6 V8
400hp 413lb-ft

They're comparable with everything aside from the ford EcoBoost.
The GM 6.2 kills it in torque, hp isn't enough of a difference

BowDown

Reaction score
Much better resolution, faster, and wireless CarPlay.
Its QHD vs HD, on paper it's a huge increase but the human eye can only detect so much.
Faster, yeah, that's a step up, wireless CarPlay is just a convenience, I don't know that any of that would make me wait but depends on what they do with incentives

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
They're comparable with everything aside from the ford EcoBoost.
The GM 6.2 kills it in torque, hp isn't enough of a difference

25hp isn’t anything to sneeze at. That’s even 10 more than the 6.4 Hemi gets in the 2500.

BowDown

Reaction score
25hp isn’t anything to sneeze at. That’s even 10 more than the 6.4 Hemi gets in the 2500.

25 in a 6000lbs truck isnt making a huge difference, its not enough to make me look at the GM, in a 1/4 mile that would be about a fender. If you gave me the option of 25 hp or the 60lb ft of torque, I'd take the torque.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Good luck... and make sure EVERY single option you choose appears on your quote/order- Build sheets are soooo tricky, the slightest oversight on your part or theirs is so easy to make, so be sure to check that every single option/size/color/feature etc you SEND OUT is LISTED on every single one you get back, but MOST IMPORTANTLY on the final order that gets placed : )

Last edited:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys new to this forum,
looking to purchase 2020 ram limited v8/ without etorque I had a dealer price me at $54297 and then tell me they added a protection plan which bring the price to $57297.
I told him I didn't want it and he said it standard.
What shall I do?
Msrp on the truck is $68025
Dealer is full of crap...go somewhere else, or tell them you'll go somewhere else if they don't remove that $3,000 BS plan. Warranty is already included, they're trying to take advantage.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer here (one in another city I'd never dealt with) played that game. Giving me about $2500 off MSRP dealer discount plus rebates. Mentioned Affiliate discount, it came down even more (1% below invoice).
Dealer finally threw in some "FCA incentive coupons" in to make it worth the worth the while.
I ended up getting running boards, a bedliner, tint, and some rubber floor mats as well (I don't think the dealer even knew the boards and bedliner were not part of the truck's price (they were dealer added options).

ALL depends on how hard you want play and be willing to walk out. I did walk out, but finished negotiating in text the next day. I was there by noon picking up the truck.
Lucky lol. I had to put my own bed liner in...that was a mess

CaptLiteBeerd

Reaction score
(Edited)That‘s ok for today’s (this month’s) limited (ha ha) selections. 2x4? That high of an msrp sounds like 4x4. If so, that was good enough, especially if it had what you wanted. You got some good options with the (spendy) level 1, 33 gallon tank, night edition, ram boxes... probably a few more hiding in there too. Now you’re driving, not wishing...

Yes 4x4. I felt it was a fair price and easy transaction. Could've negotiated more off? Maybe but it wasn't worth the stress/hassle to go back and forth. Truck had what i wanted, so we agreed on a price and i paid it.

Also had protection group, 3.92 rear axle, electronic locking rear, dual pane sunroof in addition to the prior mentions.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Is the 20% off MSRP that everyone mentions as a reference point for a good deal based on the price before TTL, I assume? I just want to make sure I've got a good reference point for prices.

ABuchho

Reaction score
Ordered my first Ram last week! 2020 1500 Limited ED 6'4" bed. Fully Loaded minus the RamBoxes, MSRP $75,540. Quoted me $67,136 (FWP minus HB) plus any incentives once the truck arrives. Can't wait!

Ivan44

Reaction score
Ordered my first Ram last week! 2020 1500 Limited ED 6'4" bed. Fully Loaded minus the RamBoxes, MSRP $75,540. Quoted me $67,136 (FWP minus HB) plus any incentives once the truck arrives. Can't wait!
sounds good. where is the dealership located?

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Is the 67K after TTL? Congrats!

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Is the 20% off MSRP that everyone mentions as a reference point for a good deal based on the price before TTL, I assume? I just want to make sure I've got a good reference point for prices.

Short answer is no but the long answer is it depends. The people stating 20% are talking about before TT&L. Depends on the incentives where you live. You're not going to see 20% off a Limited/Longhorn right now but people are seeing 20% off on Bighorn/Lonestar and MAYBE a Laramie. Even Koons works out to about 15.5% off MSRP regardless of trim ordered so with rebates on a Bighorn/Lonestar you could get 20% but the rebates on the other trims are pretty bad (at least here in TX).

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Short answer is no but the long answer is it depends. Depends on the incentives where you live. You're not going to see 20% off a Limited/Longhorn right now but people are seeing 20% off on Bighorn/Lonestar and MAYBE a Laramie. Even Koons works out to about 15.5% off MSRP regardless of trim ordered so with rebates on a Bighorn/Lonestar you could get 20% but the rebates on the other trims are pretty bad (at least here in TX.
I'm getting bids for a factory build pre-rebate on a Laramie, so I'm thinking 10% off MSRP before TTL and rebates should be a decent goal. Obviously I hope the rebates are better in August or whenever the truck arrives!

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I'm getting bids for a factory build pre-rebate on a Laramie, so I'm thinking 10% off MSRP before TTL and rebates should be a decent goal. Obviously I hope the rebates are better in August or whenever the truck arrives!

You should be able to get FWB minus 100% of HB so around 11% off an order before rebates.

Users who are viewing this thread