5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
You are right. I’m confused, I was looking at the lone star before I found this deal and it was $5500 in rebates for the Lonestar. I’ll double check but I think it was only $1500/$2000 in rebates for the Laramie.

Yeah please do and report back. Lonestar/Bighorn def get the biggest rebates then Laramie and lastly the Rebel, Longhorn and Limited only $1500 (TX).

BigD

Reaction score
At that price point, it was a Level 2.

Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
So $37k u got running boards & roll up cover all included? All u had to pay was tax, title, license? Seems unusually cheap. Everyone else paying between $40k $42k for the same thing. What state are u in ? Trying to figure out why u got it so cheap. Are u vet ? 1st responders? Did u trade in a Ford or Chevy ?

ethansamlol

Reaction score
Mine was MSRP $53,500 & I got it for $38,500 but they made me get a freakin $4k protection package. Really stupid but honestly even at $42,500 it was the best deal I’d ever seen on a truck like mine with all the features (and the 6’4 bed).
I Bought mine at HB dealer, they also asked me $4,5 protection package but i refused it. Finally they were so mad and sold as it.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
$1500 Crew Laramie Retail Cash
$1000 Customer Cash Allowance
Bought this through Autonation in Fort Worth, did a lot of shopping online to find this deal.

Ok yeah that makes sense. Laramie's in TX are at $2500...Rebels, Longhorns and Limited are at $1500.

U

User_3336

Price paid for truck = 45639- 7500 rebates = 38139
$4876 dealer discount

And I got a bedliner, running boards, and window tint.

Sorry, the 37,100 was a TYPO, I meant 38,100.

So $37k u got running boards & roll up cover all included? All u had to pay was tax, title, license? Seems unusually cheap. Everyone else paying between $40k $42k for the same thing. What state are u in ? Trying to figure out why u got it so cheap. Are u vet ? 1st responders? Did u trade in a Ford or Chevy ?
price1.jpg

BigD

Reaction score
I only got $6,000 in rebates from Chrysler. My dealer discount was close to yours. I paid $40,726 but I got the LED light package which was a grand. I also got trailer brake control but I didn't get the upgraded sound system like u did. I got a free roll up access cover in the deal. How the heck did u talk them into giving you 3 free things ?? Also are u a vet or 1st responder?

U

User_3336

They used come "dealer coupons" that FCA gives out to dealers based off sales. So that is what made up the rest of the rebates.
I don't believe they even knew the truck had a bedliner (I did).
They knew it had running boards, but I think they were desperate for a deal.
My advantage.

I only got $6,000 in rebates from Chrysler. My dealer discount was close to yours. I paid $40,726 but I got the LED light package which was a grand. I also got trailer brake control but I didn't get the upgraded sound system like u did. I got a free roll up access cover in the deal. How the heck did u talk them into giving you 3 free things ?? Also are u a vet or 1st responder?

Jeff T

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I have been following this thread for a few months and its been helpful. I am in SoCal and have been looking at 2020 Rebels but it has been a sellers market and after Memorial Day inventory is next to nothing out here. Now looking at a 2019 Rebel in Central Valley. MSRP is 64,075, got it down to 52400 before tax and license but lost out on the 0% interest. Got 72 months @ 3.98 but will refinance with USAA after 90 days. Have to drive 4 hours to pick up but wanted to get opinions on the deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• ram.pdf
    93.6 KB · Views: 22

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I have been following this thread for a few months and its been helpful. I am in SoCal and have been looking at 2020 Rebels but it has been a sellers market and after Memorial Day inventory is next to nothing out here. Now looking at a 2019 Rebel in Central Valley. MSRP is 64,075, got it down to 52400 before tax and license but lost out on the 0% interest. Got 72 months @ 3.98 but will refinance with USAA after 90 days. Have to drive 4 hours to pick up but wanted to get opinions on the deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What do you mean you lost out on 0% for 72mo? The 0/72 or 0.9/84 is still going on until Monday.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
He wouldn't give me the rebates with the 0% or .9. Said either or...
Still thats a good discount on a Rebel. As long as you are ok with the refinance rate and don’t get too far upside down over time, should be good. Especially considering you said there isn’t a lot of truck availability.
You sure that you want it now/in May as opposed to say July when there should (potentially) be more inventory? Understand that rebates/incentives always change... So hard to know what to do sometimes.

Chavez98

Reaction score
Got 72 months @ 3.98 but will refinance with USAA after 90 days. Have to drive 4 hours to pick up but wanted to get opinions on the deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Why are you waiting 90 days? Did the dealer tell you that? You should refinance right away.

Jeff T

Reaction score
Why are you waiting 90 days? Did the dealer tell you that? You should refinance right away.
Trying avoid 2 payments at one time as long as possible, so was taking the 90 deferment on the first payment (this would be a 3rd car, other car is a lease waiting to turn in). Realize interest accrues but was going to do it anyway.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1 week ago I purchased my Limited Eco Diesel fully loaded. MSRP was 72k paid 59.5, 0 percent for 72 months and no payment for 120 days.
And how are you liking it? Did you get the multi-function tailgate?

Users who are viewing this thread