5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

PAULBELL

Reaction score
2019 ram 3500 limited mega cab bought end of April 2020..
MSRP $85,625 Final price "out the door" $63,900. Does not include sales tax.
financed the whole thing 2.84% for 60 months.
Best deal I could find.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Best deal I could find.
Daaangggg that’s an insane deal! Good job!

Bhew123

Reaction score
Best deal I could find.

I want that deal. Where’d you buy?

PAULBELL

Reaction score
Performance Ram in Columbus Ohio. Last week of April dealership discounted this bigtime. They had not received it on their lot either. I think they got a super deal on manufacturer's remaining 2019 inventory. Could have been a random discount to reward dealerships, or maybe Performance was close to making their quota reward for the month. Been watching all the websites since then and never saw an advertise deal close to it... Feeling lucky...

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Best deal I could find.

Congrats PAULBELL ...You REALLY lucked out! Great deal!

As i see the pickin's out there getting slimmer & slimmer, i just wanted to share a thought for those of y'all who still haven't purchased & who are unfortunate enough to have such a limited selection available to you.

I know for myself who has been eyeing the dwindling inventory on a new Laramie or Rebel that isn't "even close to having every option i want" and that in weak moments i've caught myself saying, "well i don't really need the pano roof , because mine has it & i sometimes feel its a liability", or "maybe silver exterior is as nice as white" or, "i guess i can live without a RAMBOX if i have to" or "well e-torque doesn't seem to be that great' or "how often do i really rely on my blind spot monitor, i might be able to do without it" etc etc etc....

I've decided to suspend my search for a couple of months, because while getting a NEW truck in a similar color to what i want or missing options might bring contentment for a little while, it will surely not last when the dealer lots get lush again or you start seeing the truck you REALLY wanted parked next to you in the supermarket parking lot!

That little voice will get louder & louder, and you might be kicking yourself that you weren't willing to be more patient for a couple of months or willing to part with a couple of thousand dollars which over the course of a 60 - 84 month commitment is nothing compared to having the "wrong truck" parked in your driveway for the next couple of years.

So i just thought i'd be the voice of reason that might, "echo in your head" IF you are "looking and landing" on a vehicle in "the realm of what you want" but not EXACTLY what you want"...

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, not everyone is a nut like me, but i see a few of you in here that are, so "this bud's for you"...lol

Thraxdown

Reaction score
In regards to the limited inventory, does anyone else think it's going to be a year or so before the big incentives come back? The plants are slowly coming back online and the manufacturers knowing of the slowing economy will be hesitant to ramp up production to pre-pandemic levels. Also they won't need a big push to get rid of the 2020 stock when the 21s arrive as the shutdown has ensured there's few 2020s to move off the lots. Is this a reasonable read on the situation?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
In regards to the limited inventory, does anyone else think it's going to be a year or so before the big incentives come back? ..... Is this a reasonable read on the situation?

i think that's an excellent overview of what is coming.... It seems to be about, "conditioning & perspective".. For example, AT FIRST when there were STILL a ton of trucks built how i like, the incentives were just "meh" and so i was like, "i can do BETTER"... (conditioning)

Then, as the supply started to dry up, i started thinking, " i don't care how much i have to pay, i ain't compromising and getting a "lesser truck".. (perspective)

so hard to say how consumers will react, but i am beginning to feel like its a "sellers market" when it comes to these trucks (and i cant say i'm likin' it...lol)

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
i think that's an excellent overview of what is coming.... It seems to be about, "conditioning & perspective".. For example, AT FIRST when there were STILL a ton of trucks built how i like, the incentives were just "meh" and so i was like, "i can do BETTER"... (conditioning)

Then, as the supply started to dry up, i started thinking, " i don't care how much i have to pay, i ain't compromising and getting a "lesser truck".. (perspective)

so hard to say how consumers will react, but i am beginning to feel like its a "sellers market" when it comes to these trucks (and i cant say i'm likin' it...lol)

That’s exactly what it is and I’m not talking about just FCA either. When I’ve reached out (I’m extremely picky too lol) as soon as they see I’m an educated buyer and not willing to pay their inflated prices they ghost me. They have the power right now and they know it. It’s supply vs. demand but demand will be falling off sharply very soon so just be patient all.

thrillracing

Reaction score
Congrats PAULBELL ...You REALLY lucked out! Great deal!

As i see the pickin's out there getting slimmer & slimmer, i just wanted to share a thought for those of y'all who still haven't purchased & who are unfortunate enough to have such a limited selection available to you.

I know for myself who has been eyeing the dwindling inventory on a new Laramie or Rebel that isn't "even close to having every option i want" and that in weak moments i've caught myself saying, "well i don't really need the pano roof , because mine has it & i sometimes feel its a liability", or "maybe silver exterior is as nice as white" or, "i guess i can live without a RAMBOX if i have to" or "well e-torque doesn't seem to be that great' or "how often do i really rely on my blind spot monitor, i might be able to do without it" etc etc etc....

I've decided to suspend my search for a couple of months, because while getting a NEW truck in a similar color to what i want or missing options might bring contentment for a little while, it will surely not last when the dealer lots get lush again or you start seeing the truck you REALLY wanted parked next to you in the supermarket parking lot!

That little voice will get louder & louder, and you might be kicking yourself that you weren't willing to be more patient for a couple of months or willing to part with a couple of thousand dollars which over the course of a 60 - 84 month commitment is nothing compared to having the "wrong truck" parked in your driveway for the next couple of years.

So i just thought i'd be the voice of reason that might, "echo in your head" IF you are "looking and landing" on a vehicle in "the realm of what you want" but not EXACTLY what you want"...

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, not everyone is a nut like me, but i see a few of you in here that are, so "this bud's for you"...lol

Best perspective I’ve read on a forum for awhile. Before the covid happened I was about to buy a black Limited, but wanted the hydro blue. I happened to go to a dealer on a Sunday and saw the Hydro and knew right then if I bought the black one when ever I saw the hydro I would of thought why didn’t I wait. So, I order exactly what I wanted and know (when I get it) that I won’t regret anything on that truck and won’t see another Ram that will make me think what if!

Now I just need mine built, lol.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

jpage42

Reaction score
Performance Ram in Columbus Ohio. Last week of April dealership discounted this bigtime. They had not received it on their lot either. I think they got a super deal on manufacturer's remaining 2019 inventory. Could have been a random discount to reward dealerships, or maybe Performance was close to making their quota reward for the month. Been watching all the websites since then and never saw an advertise deal close to it... Feeling lucky...
Congrats! I’m in Columbus and would love to know the salesperson you worked with, if it’s not too much of a hassle!

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
In regards to the limited inventory, does anyone else think it's going to be a year or so before the big incentives come back? The plants are slowly coming back online and the manufacturers knowing of the slowing economy will be hesitant to ramp up production to pre-pandemic levels. Also they won't need a big push to get rid of the 2020 stock when the 21s arrive as the shutdown has ensured there's few 2020s to move off the lots. Is this a reasonable read on the situation?

I wouldn’t expect it will take a year. My opinion is it will be in the fall. Those on the fence should be ready to jump, you won’t miss it when the strong incentives appear.

Here’s why I say soonish:

Going back to the bets the manufacturers made pre COVID, it was putting more wood behind fewer arrows (trucks and SUVs).

So now they have eggs in fewer baskets, and as silly as it sounds, they can’t afford to simply scale down production lines without serious impacts to their financial health. It’s no different than restaurants who can’t afford to remain solvent while closed but opening up will probably bankrupt them.

At the same time, politics aside, the global economy is having a shock reaction from the pandemic.

What that means are you see Hertz going bankrupt and dropping 500k newer used cars on the market with Avis and other companies probably not far behind. You have demand collapsing from fleet sales. You also have consumers consuming for no logical reason and discounting the pandemic catalyst for a recession as fake news or as no big deal.

When all these waves coalesce, it’s going to be a triple whammy. Used cars will be insane bargains while new inventory keeps hitting dealer lots and consumers can’t or are too scared to buy either.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Best perspective I’ve read on a forum for awhile. Before the covid happened I was about to buy a black Limited, but wanted the hydro blue. I happened to go to a dealer on a Sunday and saw the Hydro and knew right then if I bought the black one when ever I saw the hydro I would of thought why didn’t I wait. So, I order exactly what I wanted and know (when I get it) that I won’t regret anything on that truck and won’t see another Ram that will make me think what if!

Now I just need mine built, lol.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

yes : ) and there it is in a nutshell... "Anticipation VS Remorse" I'd rather wait an entire year for exactly what i WANTED, than have regret because i settled on what i GOT...

My 1st 5th Gen was a loaded level 2 but didn't have LED pkg and there wasn't one to be had within 500 miles equipped WITH the LED's so i settled for WITHOUT....BUT within a few months of seeing those all over the place i HAD to trade. And since the 1st 5th GEN had a blk appearance & smoked out mirrors, you could barely tell, and yet it had to go!

again, not all are that particular and many will enjoy their new 5th gen regardless of it is optioned exactly how they want it right down to the wheel well liners so the paint color doesn't peek thru, (like me : ) ....if the "little things" like that are important to you NOW and you ignore them, they can become BIG THINGS....i would wait and see how it all plays out....

(Just please don't blame me if RAM goes belly up and takes ur dream truck with it...lol)

Attachments

• no led.jpg
    no led.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Texas_hawg

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Crew cab 4x4 w/ v8, 3.92, anti-spin diff, 20” premium wheels, Laramie 1 pkg, leather trim seats,
msrp $54,600
$5500 in rebates
$41,999 Final price not including taxes and fees

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Crew cab 4x4 w/ v8, 3.92, anti-spin diff, 20” premium wheels, Laramie 1 pkg, leather trim seats,
msrp $54,600
$5500 in rebates
$41,999 Final price not including taxes and fees

Congrats on the truck! Question--you purchased this in TX? Can you break out our rebates? I'm only seeing $1500 in rebates (not counting $500 Chrysler Capital cash). Thanks!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! Question--you purchased this in TX? Can you break out our rebates? I'm only seeing $1500 in rebates (not counting $500 Chrysler Capital cash). Thanks!

Most of the Houston dealers sell at invoice and then are deducting an approx 3,000 in "dealer savings" excluding rebates which lately i'm seeing roughly 8,000 off MSRP.... with the 1500-2000 rebates your roughly at almost 9,000 -11,000 off on certain units... His seems like an especially good deal but have seen that much off on a handful i've seen from high volume dealers.... i saw a couple worth contemplating but they low balled so bad on trade it barely came to 8% off on the drive out....

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! And making me an educated buyer! From Canada. Bought a 2019 Warlock.

Sticker $63900
Pre tax $42500 33% off
OTD $48000 25% off (13% tax )

Very happy with this purchase, first ever new truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta’ love that PST and GST... Thanks government...

Texas_hawg

Reaction score
You are right. I’m confused, I was looking at the lone star before I found this deal and it was $5500 in rebates for the Lonestar. I’ll double check but I think it was only $1500/$2000 in rebates for the Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread