5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Look up Kernersville Ram in North Carolina. My son and I bought from them last year and got treated fairly. They aren’t the cheapest (no Koonz type prices and games) but they have their pricing right up front.

Lest anyone think I work for them (some schmuck last year said I did cause’ I mentioned them a few times), I merely own the dealership and about 500 others across the US and Lower Slovakia, but can’t be bothered with the day to day or year to year operations. Just keep da’ checks comin boyz!
Please elaborate on the games dealing with Koons.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Willworkfortruck” Thanks for the response. I worked for months trying to find a dealer in the Atlanta area that would match Koons‘ offer. Only had one that did but right at the last minute wanted to add a “paint and interior package“ to the deal for $795. They would not budge in taking that off so I walked away from ordering from them. I then called Craig at Koons and did the order through them. I will watch for them trying to add destination charge in again. That is already included in all MSRP prices per the window sticker. So Thanks for the heads up! It’s only $69 for a one way airline ticket from Atlanta to DC.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Please elaborate on the games dealing with Koons.
See post 7059, and like I said, hopefully it’s in the past, but I still want people to go in understanding the delivery charge added onto the bottom and at the time there was an $800 dealer fee...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Willworkfortruck” Thanks for the response. I worked for months trying to find a dealer in the Atlanta area that would match Koons‘ offer. Only had one that did but right at the last minute wanted to add a “paint and interior package“ to the deal for $795. They would not budge in taking that off so I walked away from ordering from them. I then called Craig at Koons and did the order through them. I will watch for them trying to add destination charge in again. That is already included in all MSRP prices per the window sticker. So Thanks for the heads up! It’s only $69 for a one way airline ticket from Atlanta to DC.
Thats great! I never had the pleasure to work with Craig, my email/text salesman was some other name guy, not Craig. When you find a straight-shooter salesperson, which is a rare thing, stick with them. Dave F at Kville was the guy I found who was straight to the point without any bs, so I stuck with him.
The only other caveat I’d add for anyone traveling any real distance to purchase is don’t have a trade. Obviously you don't since you are flying, however a long drive to use your current vehicle as a trade could end badly if the trade value suddenly changes.
Unfortunately with dealerships it’s often one thing or another. There’s so much to consider what with incentives, discounts, trades, financing, add-ons etc.
when I see those fancy looking all glass, tall ceilings dealerships I remember the Las Vegas saying, “winners didn’t build the place”.

Last edited by a moderator:

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Watched the thread for a month solid with a a goal of 20% off MSRP

2020 Laramie Sport with Ram Boxes
Fully loaded at MSRP: $60,440
Price of truck: $51,495
Price over KBB for trade in: $1,500

Price equals: 17% off MSRP

Truck is want not a need...the above truck has boxes, off road group, and 12” screen: all options I didn’t think I wanted, but seem nice to have...maybe minus the off road group

Factory order a truck to specs for a August/September arrival now or wait until July/August??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ktl5005

Reaction score
Watched the thread for a month solid with a a goal of 20% off MSRP

2020 Laramie Sport with Ram Boxes
Fully loaded at MSRP: $60,440
Price of truck: $51,495
Price over KBB for trade in: $1,500

Price equals: 17% off MSRP

Truck is want not a need...the above truck has boxes, off road group, and 12” screen: all options I didn’t think I wanted, but seem nice to have...maybe minus the off road group

Factory order a truck to specs for a August/September arrival now or wait until July/August??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could also see what June Incentives bring then make your decision. Plants are slowly starting back up, along with inventory sitting in lots/rail road yard/ shipping starting to move again. Incentives likely to get better

BowDown

Reaction score
Starting to see ads for employee pricing for the next 7 days but not seeing that reflected at any dealers

ethansamlol

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 big horn 4x2 v6 etorque package 2
Msrp: 47,070
out the door for 38,000 was a good deal ?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 big horn 4x2 v6 etorque package 2
Msrp: 47,070
out the door for 38,000 was a good deal ?
Lowest priced Bighorn 4x2 (I couldn’t find a V6 at the dealer with level 2) that I found was: (This has level 2 but with hemi, no negotiations obviously, just web pricing. Plus I don’t know what TTL is in your state, so yes, you did fine I think):
  • MSRP$49,545
  • You Save$10,699
  • Internet Price$38,846
Best try to not price-paid compare after you’ve bought, usually all you get is “buyers remorse” cause some other poster always says they got theirs for less... just enjoy your truck!

snake1212

Reaction score
I just had an offer on a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited.

$68,375 MSRP
$60,065 selling price with the 0% financing. I don't qualify for any of the extra cash rebates.

It's the best deal I can find near me in NH but not sure if I can do better.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I just had an offer on a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited.

$68,375 MSRP
$60,065 selling price with the 0% financing. I don't qualify for any of the extra cash rebates.

It's the best deal I can find near me in NH but not sure if I can do better.
With 0% no because you won’t get incentives. Sometimes it better to take incentives and a low interest loan. That and your already underwater on a loan like that.

AK103

Reaction score
Thats great! I never had the pleasure to work with Craig, my email/text salesman was some other name guy, not Craig. When you find a straight-shooter salesperson, which is a rare thing, stick with them. Dave F at Kville was the guy I found who was straight to the point without any bs, so I stuck with him.
The only other caveat I’d add for anyone traveling any real distance to purchase is don’t have a trade. Obviously you don't since you are flying, however a long drive to use your current vehicle as a trade could end badly if the trade value suddenly changes.
Unfortunately with dealerships it’s often one thing or another. There’s so much to consider what with incentives, discounts, trades, financing, add-ons etc.
when I see those fancy looking all glass, tall ceilings dealerships I remember the Las Vegas saying, “winners didn’t build the place”.

Hopefully your experience goes better with Craig than mine did.
Was going to purchase a truck through him, he kept insisting FCA does not offer buyer protection for 84 month 0 percent and that I would have to take whatever offer is at the time of pick-up.
This is blatantly untrue.
I called FCA and confirmed.
Then he said I misunderstood, the dealership just didn't want to give it to me.
Mind you the buyer protection is from FCA, nothing to do with dealership.
He came back saying they'd do the buyer protection, but now will only give 5% off invoice, instead of the 8%.

Not very straight shooting, just dodgy and shady.

Galil20

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2020 limited...dealer is gonna take 11k off sticker. Does that sound reasonable? Thanks....

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Mine was MSRP $53,500 & I got it for $38,500 but they made me get a freakin $4k protection package. Really stupid but honestly even at $42,500 it was the best deal I’d ever seen on a truck like mine with all the features (and the 6’4 bed).

Users who are viewing this thread