5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Thraxdown

Reaction score
If I was looking at a rebel that is 60k msrp what would be a good deal discount to get and still qualify for the 84mo no interest financing?

kiapghff

Reaction score
If I was looking at a rebel that is 60k msrp what would be a good deal discount to get and still qualify for the 84mo no interest financing?
I just got mine and they only offered a few K dealer rebate. You cant get both rebates with 0%. My dealer said I could save $30/month by financing at 3.1%, which I did. He also said that its better to take the heavy rebates because god forbid I was in an accident down the road, Im already ahead with my cars worth than not getting rebates. (I hope he wasn't just "dealering" me)

Thraxdown

Reaction score
They pulled the 0% for 84mo on 5 May. Just 0% for 72mo now.

Thanks I didn't realize that.

I just got mine and they only offered a few K dealer rebate. You cant get both rebates with 0%. My dealer said I could save $30/month by financing at 3.1%, which I did. He also said that its better to take the heavy rebates because god forbid I was in an accident down the road, Im already ahead with my cars worth than not getting rebates. (I hope he wasn't just "dealering" me)

I was wondering cause they took away most of the rebates after the 5th so I figured the only other way it would be feasible is with a decent dealer discount and 0%.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Thanks I didn't realize that.

Yeah Ford is still offering 0% for 84 on 2019s and GMC/Chevy is offering 0% for 84 on 2019/2020s and both have better rebates than FCA so we will see what happens in June. I’m sitting on the fence until factory re-opens and rebates get better. At this point I will probably wait until the 2021s roll off the line in July.

I was wondering cause they took away most of the rebates after the 5th so I figured the only other way it would be feasible is with a decent dealer discount and 0%.

Thraxdown

Reaction score
Yeah I'll probably be in the same boat. Maybe I should have tried in March. Curious how long it will really take for production to get back in full swing and inventory to get closer to a normal level. May have to wait awhile.

AngryBish

Reaction score
What is a good % to expect off MSRP? 25-30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You can always buy a Chrysler Maxcare Warranty since you’re still within factory warranty by 2k miles and go up to 7yr unlimited miles. If you use the code you get around $365 off by paying in full or you can divide it up into 12mo. Get your dealer to match or just buy it from the site (Ziegler Ram). So I would get the warranty regardless of which truck you go with.

FWIW: 4x4 has better resale and the CPO has already taken the initial depreciation hit. Limited is much more loaded than the Laramie and only $10k off on the Laramie new isn’t good enough at about 18.8% off MSRP.

chryslerfactoryplans.com
Code: payinfull

thanks! I'll probably go with the used route.
Is 37% off a reasonable price for that CPO?

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I would check out truecar and NADA to know for sure. Seems good but I haven’t run the numbers as you know what options it has.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
There's some truth to the accident idea. Or if you get the urge to trade in a couple years from now.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I was just talking to my sales rep who is a good guy and I’ve bought from multiple times for other Chrysler vehicles. He said his GM was told massive incentives starting as early as Tuesday, potentially employee pricing.
Sales rep full of BS? What a surprise.:ROFLMAO:

Kaag

Reaction score
Which one to get? Both HEMI 4x4, similar discounts on both. Other features not listed below are similar between the two.

- 2020 Big Horn MSRP $58,700 (night edition, off-road pkg, LED pkg, Level 2, cloth seats)

-2020 Rebel MSRP $62,700 (Rebel 12, level 2, multi function tailgate, full leather seats)

NJC1684

Reaction score
Which one to get? Both HEMI 4x4, similar discounts on both. Other features not listed below are similar between the two.

- 2020 Big Horn MSRP $58,700 (night edition, off-road pkg, LED pkg, Level 2, cloth seats)

-2020 Rebel MSRP $62,700 (Rebel 12, level 2, multi function tailgate, full leather seats)
Rebel

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
i don't think he was "dealering" u : ) in addition to the 30 bucks a month savings, if your truck is 60,000 and you forfeit all rebates in favor of 0% and you sell after 24 months, even WITH 0 % you prolly owe approx 45,000...same scenerio but with 3.75/84, u only owe approx 43,000....

i 100% would ONLY take the 0/84 or 08/72 IF i was 100% certain i was going to keep the truck the FULL term. THEN and only then is it a better deal becuz the savings on the 0% rate only comes into play if you compare FULL term of loan on 0 interest vs taking rebates and paying 3.5 to 4% rate ... And then its roughly only 2-3000 in your favor. So if ur not sure, u should take the savings UP FRONT : )

The MORE expensive the vehicle, (well, i really mean the MORE u borrow : ) the MORE 0/84 or 72 over taking the rebates makes sense IF ur one to really want every penny you can squeeze out of your purchase : )

But if u flip flop all the time about your truck, stay far far away from 0 interest loans lol

Last edited:

BigD

Reaction score

That's really a high MSRP for a Big Horn. Where do u live ? MSRP for my Big Horn was $52,010. I got everything that has minus the off road package.

Kaag

Reaction score
That's really a high MSRP for a Big Horn. Where do u live ? MSRP for my Big Horn was $52,010. I got everything that has minus the off road package.
Midwest. It also has other items I didn’t list like sunroof and spray in bed liner. Also has speaker package and comfort group. I didn’t list them because the Rebel has those too.

Users who are viewing this thread