5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SickSix

Reaction score
It’s a decent price if that’s including all dealer fees or add ons. You may find Limiteds at $10-11k off dealer discounts elsewhere, but stock is pretty low at dealers I’ve seen better pricing at right now, so it may be challenging to find what you’re looking for on a lot at a better price.

In all honesty, I’d push for better dealer discount, but unless you have a better offer in hand from elsewhere, they’re not likely to bite on it.

What region are you in? That definitely affects dealer discount.
That price includes everything except tax, tags, and doc fee. The config sheet says Zone 66-Orlando, but I'm in northern Alabama.

jbdan

Reaction score
Just spoke to FCA incentive hotline. 0% for 84 is customer order protected for anyone that wants that information
I'm surprised as I've been told by 3 dealers now that it is not lockable. Good info thanks

atxmike

Reaction score
Sept 2019- I bought my 2019 Bighorn 4x4 crew cab level 2 preferred eq group Bright white 5.7 / 3.21 axle ratio
Sticker price 47880. It had 15k miles on it and I paid 35200 plus ttl.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Its always the supply/demand rule.
Since no new trucks are being built and people still buying the supply is dwindling.
As a result, there is no need to give discounts.
Soon, the number of available trucks will be very very limited and wouldn't be surprised if dealers stick with MSRP and no discounts.

Once production picks back up, supply should increase and since a large majority of people will be recouping from the lack of income the supply will continue to increase and manufacturers will need to recoup their losses by giving discounts.

That is my 2 cents and worth every penny.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Ford, GM and FCA under gun to restart, rebound before cash dries up

It seems manufacturers are waiting as long as possible before helping customers on the rebate side. We're not sure if they're doing any discounts on the dealer side. But as Ram1500OwnerMaybe said right now there are people looking for deals on the inventory that's left, but that will dry up soon, but so will the buyers who have money to buy new cars. With the building glut of cars coming off leases, auctions frozen, rental companies dumping inventory a drop in trade-in and used car prices is coming and with a possible second wave, there's a reckoning coming to the auto industry later this year.

AK103

Reaction score
How does one lock the 0% for 84 months in?
It's the only thing holding me back from ordering.

Big Ballers

Reaction score
Okay received a counter. Laramie 1500 crew off road MSRP 56280
their initial offer 43500
My offer 41500
Their final counter 42,500
Thoughts? I receive 4500 in rebates. 9220 dealer discount. By my math that’s 25% off MSRP. Do I pull trigger or hope may-July rebates improve? Only other moving part is to this point, my trade price has not been altered since I began all this pre covid. If used market has a glut there is no promise my trade will be worth as much as it is today. Thoughts? I could just be trading more rebate for less value on trade

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
How does one lock the 0% for 84 months in?
It's the only thing holding me back from ordering.
I called the FCA incentive hotline. Asked if the 0 for 84 has customer sold protection and they told me yes. I told her how dealerships have told me they can’t do that. She said if they do tell them to call us because you can

NJC1684

Reaction score
My offer 41500
Thoughts? I receive 4500 in rebates. 9220 dealer discount. By my math that’s 25% off MSRP. Do I pull trigger or hope may-July rebates improve? Only other moving part is to this point, my trade price has not been altered since I began all this pre covid. If used market has a glut there is no promise my trade will be worth as much as it is today. Thoughts? I could just be trading more rebate for less value on trade
I'd pull the trigger if it's configured as you'd like!

NJC1684

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger and place an order, but want to make sure it's a decent deal first.
2020 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB, 4X4, 5'7" Bed
5.7L V8 HEMI® eTorque
3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
Tailgate: Standard
Panoramic Sunroof
PACKAGES: Black Appearance, Advanced Safety Group

Selling price is $68,190. Dealer is offfering $7k discount, and $5k in rebates, bring the price before TTT to $55,690. Thoughts?
Should be able to get at least another $500-$1,000 in DD.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It seems manufacturers are waiting as long as possible before helping customers on the rebate side. We're not sure if they're doing any discounts on the dealer side. But as Ram1500OwnerMaybe said right now there are people looking for deals on the inventory that's left, but that will dry up soon, but so will the buyers who have money to buy new cars. With the building glut of cars coming off leases, auctions frozen, rental companies dumping inventory a drop in trade-in and used car prices is coming and with a possible second wave, there's a reckoning coming to the auto industry later this year.

I agree, dealers are playing a dangerous game because I can wait far longer than they can. I'm willing to wait past August if I have to but seeing the prices in February/March, I now have a baseline. I'm holding out for 27 -30+% off on a limited

jastevenson

Reaction score
My offer 41500

Solid deal assuming they are kit screwing you on your trade.

The sale price is meaningless if they steal your trade in.

383Mopar

Reaction score
My offer 41500
I would jump on that deal if that is the truck you want, trade in value will drop another 15% by June and 25% off is as good as it gets right now

keyser soze

Reaction score
My offer 41500
If it's the truck you want that seems like a fair compromise. Plus....you can get another $250 rebate after the fact with BonusDrive.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
My offer 41500

What others have said, plus you can always double check your trade in value with CarMax as a second option.

Big Ballers

Reaction score
Offered me 23k on a 2014 ram Laramie. Offered me 1k over Kelly blue book. It’s in very good shape 76k, most options. Will not have to go through their shop. They have done all maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread