5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just sent Craig at Koons an email to see about a price for the following:
-Ram 1500
-bright white clear coat
-Crew cab short box
-Laramie trim
-Hemi V8 MDS, e-torque
-3.21 gears
-26 gallon tank
-electronic locking rear axle
-Laramie level 2 group
-Sport appearance package
-bed utility group
-off road group
-rear wheelhouse liners
-12 inch uconnect
-dual-pane sunroof
-leather trimmed bucket seats
-rear underseat storage

There is one locally than I am looking at also. No off-road group, no laramie level 2, no 12 inch uconnect but it has level 1 group, 3.92, and MFT. Thoughts on the price of it?
https://www.scrantondodgechryslerjeep.net/new-Scranton-2020-RAM-1500-Laramie-1C6SRFJT7LN120760
If you were ordering, try to spec the 33 gallon tank. I think that makes a big difference considering the hemi is thirsty.

keyser soze

Reaction score
Is that a fair price to them or is it too low?
I think that price should be achievable, or beatable....but you might have to contact a few different dealerships. Remember that the salesmen don't make the decisions. You need to get passed them and talk to a fleet mgr or gm.

Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cooper in Shawnee.
Stanley actually has a red Laramie that has a better percentage discount but as noted I liked the Blue (& it was better equipped).

Cool, I drove from KC to Bob Howard in OKC to purchase mine. Looks like their prices are about $4k higher now than what I got 2 months ago tho. Not sure if they’re willing to work on them right now.

They have a patriot blue with the exact same build as mine right now

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
Cooper in Shawnee.
Stanley actually has a red Laramie that has a better percentage discount but as noted I liked the Blue (& it was better equipped).
My brother said he saw that one when he was there yesterday but, for the life of me, I can't find it online. Did you see it on their website? Got a link by chance?

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Well today I pulled the trigger as they say and ordered my new 2020 RAM LIMITED. I first tried to get a local dealers here in Atlanta to match Koons in DC. I finally got one willing to match the 8% below invoice deal but then they wanted wanted to include some BS fluff for “Paint and Interior Pkg” for $795. I said no to that but he wouldn’t budge so I said Thanks but No Thanks. I called Craig and said I’m ready to order. I sent my my build that I wanted and then he came back with two docs to sign to confirm my build and the numbers and then I did the deposit. I have attached the docs below.

Attachments

• new doc 2020-04-27 08.29.50(1).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 128

Jofu

Reaction score
Well today I pulled the trigger as they say and ordered my new 2020 RAM LIMITED. I first tried to get a local dealers here in Atlanta to match Koons in DC. I finally got one willing to match the 8% below invoice deal but then they wanted wanted to include some BS fluff for “Paint and Interior Pkg” for $795. I said no to that but he wouldn’t budge so I said Thanks but No Thanks. I called Craig and said I’m ready to order. I sent my my build that I wanted and then he came back with two docs to sign to confirm my build and the numbers and then I did the deposit. I have attached the docs below.

Congrats! Oh, and just so you're aware, we can still read your blacked-out personal info on the form, may be best to remove this hehe.

Geoff

DinkyMcStinky

Reaction score

Did they give you a timeline? I'm debating on ordering exactly what I want or buying from local inventory and settling just a little bit.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats, calendar yourself to apply for the $250 rebate from “Bonus Drive” when you get it home. A couple of qualifications but otherwise it’s easy.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score

Congrats! Looks like a build I've been thinking of if I go the Limited routed instead of the Rebel.

Does anyone know if Koons if willing to deal on the hold back and the $799 processing fee?

If I went with a Limited, I'd much rather put that $799 towards the Off Road Package.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Congrats. I also just sent an email to Craig to get a price on a Laramie since im only 4 hour drive away.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Did they give you a timeline? I'm debating on ordering exactly what I want or buying from local inventory and settling just a little bit.

6 to 8 weeks, but I have seen some on here report as soon as 4 weeks for delivery prior to the shutdown of the assembly line. I have been looking and researching since July of 2019. I decided to take a chance and hope and pray the rebates are as good this June as last year during those monster June sales. Keep in mind for those contemplating an order now, the SOLD orders will supposedly go to the top of the list when they start back up before any dealers start getting new stock. Every dealer I talked to stated that without me asking but yes they are dealers and most will lie to their Momma!! LOL But it makes sense to push sold orders to the front of the line.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like a build I've been thinking of if I go the Limited routed instead of the Rebel.

Does anyone know if Koons if willing to deal on the hold back and the $799 processing fee?

If I went with a Limited, I'd much rather put that $799 towards the Off Road Package.

I did not even try to negotiate either to be honest. Most all RAM dealers now a days seem to be $499 and up on doc fees. I think that starting at a much lower price point of 8% below invoice puts him way a head than most dealers. I talked to a lot of dealers In GA, AL, and TN and only one said he would match the offer but then also added a Paint and Interior Pkg for $795. So I hear ya, it would be nice to get that off too but I think he knows no one else is matching his offer around the country. But if you try to negotiate that off, let us know if he budged any. Good Luck!

NJC1684

Reaction score
Why the block heater?

Big Ballers

Reaction score
That last post was in response to Big Ballers question.
I took your advice this morning. The dealership keeps calling me, trying to get something done before then end of the month. MSRP 56,280 on Ram 1500 Laramie off road.
Dealer offered 7750 in discounts
I qualify for 4500 rebates.
Dealers Final Price 43,530
+199.50 doc fee
and tax title license

My counter
$41,500
That would be 10,230 in dealer discounts
4550 in rebates.

We shall see what they say. This gets me beyond the 25% threshold, and if they say no, I can wait. Thanks to all for all the advice. It has helped tremendously. Will update when I receive an answer/counter.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I took your advice this morning. The dealership keeps calling me, trying to get something done before then end of the month. MSRP 56,280 on Ram 1500 Laramie off road.
+199.50 doc fee
and tax title license

My counter
$41,500
4550 in rebates.

We shall see what they say. This gets me beyond the 25% threshold, and if they say no, I can wait. Thanks to all for all the advice. It has helped tremendously. Will update when I receive an answer/counter.
Highly doubt you will get that much off. 43,530 is already a very good deal for a Laramie with that MSRP

jbdan

Reaction score
+199.50 doc fee
and tax title license

My counter
$41,500
4550 in rebates.

Worst they can say is no. Wish you luck

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
+199.50 doc fee
and tax title license

My counter
$41,500
4550 in rebates.

Honestly if you love the truck, i'd meet them in the middle, say 42500 - 43000.... The difference overall is pretty neglible on our side, but it could mean the diff between a deal for them that nets 1000 profit or loses them 500 bucks.... On their side the difference of $1500 bucks is sink or swim...

If you DON'T love the truck, i wouldn't take the deal EVEN if they come down some more...

Just my thoughts, good luck : )

(and keep in mind, THIS advice is coming from someone who's mentality at a dealership is, "no one is leaving here alive if i don't get my price!!"... lol)

Users who are viewing this thread