5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Here is the deal I got.
I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house to find out about the deals going on. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me: ( Photo included )
* 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
* 5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
* Diamond Black
* 33 Gal Fuel Tank
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Dual Function Tailgate
* Rambox Cargo Management System
* Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
* Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
* Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

I felt that it was a good deal ( let me know what you think ) so I gave him a $500.00 deposit and ordered it.
I think you got a good deal

BillyCrash

Reaction score
It’s always hard to figure where you ended up when you trade 2 for a new one. I did the same thing wayyy back in 1982. Anyway, glad you love the Rebel.
Don’t forget to apply for the $250 Bonus Drive rebate, if you qualify.
Ha, yeah I just got the bonus drive rebate form in the mail today and applied, we'll see, thanks!

Boston

Reaction score
At a point in time the vehicles on trains and transports from the factory will stop coming. This two week window is really weird. Helps if you can get someone to respond...

JaxAJ

Reaction score
2020 Black Rebel MSRP $54,500. Talked down to $41,000, on condition I finance through Crystler for 6 months with a slightly higher interest rate and no early pay off penalty.Did the math and it was worth it to me, after 6 months ill go to my credit union. I love my truck.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Black Rebel MSRP $54,500. Talked down to $41,000, on condition I finance through Crystler for 6 months with a slightly higher interest rate and no early pay off penalty.Did the math and it was worth it to me, after 6 months ill go to my credit union. I love my truck.

So you’re aware, there’s absolutely nothing restricting you from refinancing that Chrysler loan immediately. I’m not sure what agreement you made with your dealer however, so that’s between you two. I refinanced within a couple of weeks.

NavyFederal has 2.29% for 72mo right now, FWIW

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Now that’s legit. I might have to re open my account there, closed it years ago. But that’s the lowest I’ve seen, my current credit union who is usually the best or close is still at 3.04

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that’s legit. I might have to re open my account there, closed it years ago. But that’s the lowest I’ve seen, my current credit union who is usually the best or close is still at 3.04

Yeah, I picked that up from another member in this thread. They’re also offering a $200 incentive, currently.

I’ve already refinanced they USAA, but I’m going to make good on this lower rate, as well.

JaxAJ

Reaction score
So you’re aware, there’s absolutely nothing restricting you from refinancing that Chrysler loan immediately. I’m not sure what agreement you made with your dealer however, so that’s between you two. I refinanced within a couple of weeks.

Is there anyway they can charge me for anything rebates wise if I went ahead and did that?

RamInTX321

Reaction score
Which options? Which dealer?
Ancira Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.

MSRP with dealer installed options = $54k
Price paid was $40,181

2020 laramie
Factory Options:
Sports appearance package
Laramie level 1
Granite crystal paint
Anti-spin Diff
Etorque
U connect Nav

Dealer installed options:
Bed-liner
Side steps
Wheelocks
Spare tire lock
and a paint + interior carpet protection(snake oil)

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score
You dont have to wait 6 months you can do it the next day.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Ancira Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.

MSRP with dealer installed options = $54k
Price paid was $40,181

2020 laramie
Factory Options:
Sports appearance package
Laramie level 1
Granite crystal paint
Anti-spin Diff
Etorque
U connect Nav

Dealer installed options:
Bed-liner
Side steps
Wheelocks
Spare tire lock
and a paint + interior carpet protection(snake oil)
That's a hell of a deal with decent options for sure. Well done.

rybocf

Reaction score
I think you got a good deal

Here's what I *really* want to know. A dealer has a truck built/ordered, so it's not sitting on his lot costing him money. He sells a 68k truck for 52.5k WITH the 0%/84 months. Invoice price minus holdback is about $60k cost to the dealer - no other incentives are available with the 0%/84 deal, right? So someone tell me where the other money is for the dealer? He isn't ordering a truck to sell it at a loss, so where's the other $4.5k coming from.

The dealers have caught on to our invoice and holdback knowledge, and now have other money that I'm not aware of, does anyone know (besides some volume discounts some dealers get) where there the extra $$ comes from for the dealers? This knowledge is super helpful when negotiating.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So GMC just announced 0% 84 on 2019 2500HD this morning. Doesn’t mean it will happen, but Ram has some incentives ending on the 14th currently for 2500s. They could do it as well.... for anyone shopping a 2500. Ford is apparently doing 0% for 60 on f250s although not advertising it. Exciting times for potential diesel HD shoppers.

mortog

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on a pretty well equipped 2020 1500 Big Horn yesterday. MSRP was $55,085 and sale price of $41,565 without much trouble + some small add ins (wheel locks, all weather mats). Used CCA financing with an insta-refi at NFCU. I feel like I might have been able to push for more on the sale price but this is my first RAM and first pickup so I'm really happy so far. This was in MD.

Grip750

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on a pretty well equipped 2020 1500 Big Horn yesterday. MSRP was $55,085 and sale price of $41,565 without much trouble + some small add ins (wheel locks, all weather mats). Used CCA financing with an insta-refi at NFCU. I feel like I might have been able to push for more on the sale price but this is my first RAM and first pickup so I'm really happy so far. This was in MD.
Can I ask you what the breakdown of your price was? Meaning how much of the discount was from rebates and how much was just a discount off of MSRP?

DCFireSgt

Reaction score
What dealership did you go to? I'm in MD too.

mortog

Reaction score
I don't have individual line items for each incentive and rebate so you'll have to forgive me if this isn't all that helpful. What I do have are 2 line items on the sale sheet for $48,815 and then $7,250 labeled as Manufacturer Rebates. If the first takes into account dealer incentives, that would point to about $6,200. I'm not sure what all is included in the $7,250 as I was expecting this number to be closer to $5k.

This was DARCars Rockville. Pretty weird situation doing all of this remotely but they were really great to work with and I would absolutely shop there again.

Users who are viewing this thread