5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recommend people check out Bill Luke's website for a good idea of what they should pay. Their vehicles are aggressively priced (large volume dealer) and clearly shows "Everyone's Price" on each vehicle page without any rebate stacking gimmicks. I've bought from them before, and they also offer a $1,000 rebate for using their financing (they just ask that you refi it at least 4 months after purchase, else they lose their kickback... and if that happens too much they will nix that extra rebate). Not saying it's the absolute best deal, but it's a good point of reference.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Waldorf Dodge and all the dealerships he owns are outrageous. They aren't a high volume dealer. I just had a newer salesman there basically verify that information and tell me good luck on them trying to make any great deals. He is already trying to leave because the volume is low. There are way more dealers in the DMV that have higher volume and have already blown their quotes away.

I recommend people check out Bill Luke's website for a good idea of what they should pay. Their vehicles are aggressively priced (large volume dealer) and clearly shows "Everyone's Price" on each vehicle page without any rebate stacking gimmicks. I've bought from them before, and they also offer a $1,000 rebate for using their financing (they just ask that you refi it at least 4 months after purchase, else they lose their kickback... and if that happens too much they will nix that extra rebate). Not saying it's the absolute best deal, but it's a good point of reference.

Most of these prices seen on the internet are misleading.

Waldorf has this disclaimer:
"We strive to provide accurate information, but please verify options and price before purchasing. All vehicles are subject prior sale and financing is subject to credit approval. All prices exclude tax, tags, freight/destination fee of $1195.00 up to 1695.00 and only a $299.00 processing fee. Conditional final prices may include all factory rebates and incentives such as Chrysler capital financing, non-prime bonus cash etc. You may not qualify for all factory incentives see dealer for details. Prices are valid based on current FCA incentives which vary by model. "
Yet their price shows you the internet price break down as:
  • MSRP:$63,385
  • YOU SAVE:$15,302
  • Internet Price$48,083
Waldorf advertises their internet savings subtracted from MSRP (which includes destination fees), yet in their fine print they state that their prices exclude destination fees. So is the destination fee added back in or not in the above price? The Internet Price is listed as $48,083. But according to the fine print, you need to add back in the $1,695 destination fee for a total of $49,778 plus the doc fee of $300 for a total of 50,078. So you do not save $15,302, only $13,307 before TTL.

Koons' prices do include freight according to their fine print, but the do list all the rebates in their discount. But they also have an $800 doc/processing fee.

Bill Luke gives you an extra $1000 if you finance through them but also adds in $359 for window tinting (telling you that you need this in Phoenix I guess).

Many dealers also include all of the conditional rebates in their "you save"/"everyone pays" number, even counting rebates that may exclude the buyer receiving some of the other rebates listed. For most of these prices, you need to be a first responder, a veteran, finance with Chrysler and either have good credit or less than good credit. For most people, including first responders and vets, it is hard to qualify for the total discount price advertised by many dealers.

I also love that they add in that they are not responsible typos in their own ads.

keyser soze

Reaction score
E-mailed 2 dealers in the Orlando area and they are not budging from their web site price which show their usual discounted prices.

I've been in contact with several Ram dealers in the Northern California area recently and not only have the majority decreased dealer cash all are saying that the on-line advertised price IS the price.

I've responded then they are not salespeople, but merely order takers. I've told them to keep me in mind for when the situation changes.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea some of these people need a reality check. I see the sense of entitlement has made its way to some of these dealerships/salesman. They just expect you to pay what they say because that’s what it is.

I also got hit with my first 32-35k trade offer, to which I said “LOL goodbye”

ryan74701

Reaction score
I feel like if you aren't getting 20%+ off a new truck right now then don't even buy one. With 20+ million people laid off or about to be, stocks collapsing, they should be marketing huge rebates to take these trucks.

YellowSled

Reaction score
While i would like to agree, 20K off the msrp would be nice, let us not forget that alot of factories are not making new cars now so whatever new inventory they have on the lot is all they are going to have for a while. Not like the market is going to be flood with a bunch of new vehicles in coming times... just my .02

rybocf

Reaction score
I feel like if you aren't getting 20%+ off a new truck right now then don't even buy one. With 20+ million people laid off or about to be, stocks collapsing, they should be marketing huge rebates to take these trucks.

And with the factories shut down, they will run out of vehicles to sell, then price won't matter much if there's no option for a sale. I think the car dealers are in for some real tough times over the next 12 months. I'm sure the government will offer another bailout / cash for clunkers, etc. to get them back on their feet at some point, but only after people are able to work again. I'm taking my deal ($10k off MSRP including the 0%/84), buying now, and riding it out. YOLO (proven to be very true these days), and I want a new truck...

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And with the factories shut down, they will run out of vehicles to sell, then price won't matter much if there's no option for a sale. I think the car dealers are in for some real tough times over the next 12 months. I'm sure the government will offer another bailout / cash for clunkers, etc. to get them back on their feet at some point, but only after people are able to work again. I'm taking my deal ($10k off MSRP including the 0%/84), buying now, and riding it out. YOLO (proven to be very true these days), and I want a new truck...

Agree 100%, demand may be low, but supply is 0 at the moment.

Don’t pass up a deal you would be happy with next month. That’s a solid dealer discount.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Agree 100%, demand may be low, but supply is 0 at the moment.

Don’t pass up a deal you would be happy with next month. That’s a solid dealer discount.
im hoping additional incentives will come the middle of the month after the existing ones expire. Totally understand supply and demand, but with the sheer amount of unemployment, no one is going to purchase vehicles if they are one of the millions on unemployment which currently is at a record high. Yes, some folks on this site have purchased new but they are in the minority when compared to most Americans/the total population. The big 3 just posted large losses for the first quarter; if they don't incentivize and/or offer large discounts on existing inventory, it's going to mostly sit and collect dust and sales will continue to suffer. CV is not getting any better. The president extended his plan until April 30...this will continue to contribute to manufacturers and other businesses losing out on sales.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
One shouldn't conflate supply and demand of trucks with SUVs/sedans.

If you were looking for a Grand Cherokee or whatever normal consumer vehicle, these points about being aggressive and seeking large discounts may be true right now. It'd be interesting for anyone to contact the same dealers and see what the pricing is like for one of those or for a charger (or whatever). I'd bet they're much more willing to get those off the lot.

But, most people who actually need trucks employers are essential under every state's guidelines. Granted there's also a lot of businesses who are suffering which are not essential, but there's still demand for these.

Folks should not assume anything right now. And I'll re-iterate my opinion: the actual damage to the economy won't really show up until summer/fall, and that's more likely to be when everything everywhere is marked down for clearance.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
@cmdr bobert Agreed. Law of supply and demand. High supply and low demand equals good sales. Low supply and high demand equals high prices. Low supply and low demand equals balance so no great deals. Finance deals may be better to get some to purchase now, but I would not expect any good sale prices until the production lines resume. Hopefully, once production resumes the initial demand stays low leading to better prices for those of us waiting on a good deal. I would expect end of year to be the best deals as manufacturers try to recoup as many sales as they can for the year.

rybocf

Reaction score
As an update, a representative from dealership came to my house today (weird with masks and Purell) for me to look over the truck, test drive, and sign the paperwork. Nice guy, not a sales guy. I asked him how things were going and he said they essentially laid off all the showroom sales people and are doing everything over the phone/internet. He said this will be his 10th vehicle sold this month, and demand is still pretty strong, but he is worried about supply, and especially not being able to trade with other dealers because they are closed/dumbfounded with how to operate. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm guessing those people with jobs/$$ will snatch up some decent deals and then there won't be much to buy unless the factories get back to work, which hurts everyone. He seemed more concerned with supply than demand, and they'd rather move a lot of vehicles at good prices than a small number and try to inflate costs. I don't think he was lying to me, but hey almost may not really know what's going on. Interesting times...

llackey23

Reaction score
While i would like to agree, 20K off the msrp would be nice, let us not forget that alot of factories are not making new cars now so whatever new inventory they have on the lot is all they are going to have for a while. Not like the market is going to be flood with a bunch of new vehicles in coming times... just my .02
I would say the contrary - not sure if things have changed much with unions and what happened in 2008 but the reason 2008 was such a mess is because the unions had guaranteed contracts to produce cars regardless if people are buying them or not. That's why there was a bailout of the car manufacturers - I would be curious to see if the same thing happens this time.

Boston

Reaction score
There must be a lot of pressure to restart production. I hope they do.
Dealers might be wishing they had all those trucks they sold during the employee pricing sale.

llackey23

Reaction score
I got 20% off a pretty loaded Rebel. With 4 miles on it. The more expensive the truck - the more profit from “fluff” items so they should be able to discount pretty heavily and still make a profit.
Antwon - when you say 20% off - is that 20% off MSRP then add back in TTL?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the whole “making ventilators” thing now it feels like things have changed. I’m starting to agree with the posts above now, it looks like sales might be shifted toward later in the year once things stabilize. But I’m still shopping some deals right now. Trade values are Differing between 34-41.

Dramrod

Reaction score
Great information here. Thanks for laying that out.

I’ve been watching this thread and the FB 5th gen thread to time when to bite. I really want to see if they will do $10k off plus 0% on a $56k truck (everything I’ve read on here showed 6k with 0 tops). If not, I’ll time it out to see if they go 25% off and get my own financing.

I’m also in the DMV area (Annapolis). So... hola!

llackey23

Reaction score
Here we go for the 300th time with people mixing total percentages off with dealer discount percentages.....
SS - Help me out - I ordered mine and now it's here - MSRP is $65,825. I have a family and friends code which gets me to $59,900. Looks like Hold Back is $1,916.00. I asked the dealer for the best price and they are telling me only $5,000.00 so my base price would be $54,900.00 + fees ($1,946.00) + TTL (3,657.64) = Drive Out of $60,503.64. This does not sound like a good deal to me - ESPECIALLY when on their website they have similar models to mine and they are discounting them down to $48,000 and $49,000 before the "fee" and TTL - let me know what you think and what can that "fee" be?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
SS - Help me out - I ordered mine and now it's here - MSRP is $65,825. I have a family and friends code which gets me to $59,900. Looks like Hold Back is $1,916.00. I asked the dealer for the best price and they are telling me only $5,000.00 so my base price would be $54,900.00 + fees ($1,946.00) + TTL (3,657.64) = Drive Out of $60,503.64. This does not sound like a good deal to me - ESPECIALLY when on their website they have similar models to mine and they are discounting them down to $48,000 and $49,000 before the "fee" and TTL - let me know what you think and what can that "fee" be?

Folks, simply do the math...16.6% off invoice is not 20%. Friends and family code in November actually would have cost me money. Get 20% off invoice...nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread