5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NJC1684

Reaction score
Along these lines, I'm struggling to figure out a good deal that includes the 0% / 84 months. If I want that deal I'm seeing people offering $5k off a 70k+ truck (just their own dealer discounting) and not much else. Two questions for you folks: What's the best discounting you have seen that includes the 0/84, AND what additional reduction in price should you expect on a dealer demo with 2k miles on it? I would greatly appreciate some if your experience. I'm in the northeast / Boston market.

Thanks

I'd want a dealer discount of at least 12% beings it has 2k on it.

DCFireSgt

Reaction score
I was just offered 15% off msrp on a 20 Limited/ Billet silver, non eTorque/3.21 anti-spin/33gal. tank. from $63,385 to $53,385.

antwon412

Reaction score
I got 20% off a pretty loaded Rebel. With 4 miles on it. The more expensive the truck - the more profit from “fluff” items so they should be able to discount pretty heavily and still make a profit.

jastevenson

Reaction score
I was just offered 15% off msrp on a 20 Limited/ Billet silver, non eTorque/3.21 anti-spin/33gal. tank. from $63,385 to $53,385.

Dealer discount or discount after rebates? Good deal if before, terrible deal if after.

robia06

Reaction score
I got 20% off a pretty loaded Rebel. With 4 miles on it. The more expensive the truck - the more profit from “fluff” items so they should be able to discount pretty heavily and still make a profit.
What did you pay and where?

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Push harder...I got 20% off mine back in November...20% is your bar...go try and get it! (November did have some kick butt incentives, I must add.)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here we go for the 300th time with people mixing total percentages off with dealer discount percentages.....

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer I had bought from last year is beating that right now:

• MSRP $63,,940
  • You Save $14,021
  • Internet Price $49,919

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just bought a new ecodiesel (MSRP ~73k) and paid around 58k not including TTL. I did it entirely online (probably not wise, but so far it has been very smooth and the dealership was really helpful).

The online prices you see include every single possible rebate or discount that a perfect buyer could get under ideal conditions, and many will not apply to you, so the online price will inevitably go up for most customers.
Not so, not every dealer does that but it pays to check...

Reactions: PV6

antwon412

Reaction score
What did you pay and where?
Bought my Ram Rebel from Larry H Miller in Boise, ID. HIGHLY recommend them.
MSRP was $62k. I paid a bit over $50k plus TTL. So like 19.something % off.

Sp13

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat in South Jersey. Who'd you get to respond? I haven't gotten anyone
I've gotten responses from Route 1 Chrysler, but they're completely closed. Salerno is responding and selling. I've actually been talking to a dealer in Maryland that I may purchase from. They have a truck with MSRP 64,500 that they are selling for 59,000. That may not seem like much of a discount, but they are giving me 41k for my trade-in. Koons was only offering $35k for the trade-in with a better discount off MSRP.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
E-mailed 2 dealers in the Orlando area and they are not budging from their web site price which show their usual discounted prices.

2020RamSport

Reaction score
I was looking at one dealer that had 30% off MSRP (Nissan, not Ram). When I called them, was told the prices were conditional. I hate when they do that!

rybocf

Reaction score
I'm going to assume that people getting $15k off are not getting the 0%/84 mo deals. I pressed hard on some dealers yesterday and the best deal I got was $10k off MSRP on a $71,500k truck where I would still get the 0%/84 deal. Other dealers told me to go pound sand, so I'm assuming I've squeezed as much as I can while still taking the free money financing. There is definitely another $5k+ in incentives available if you don't take the financing though, at least from my understandings.

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
I'm going to assume that people getting $15k off are not getting the 0%/84 mo deals. I pressed hard on some dealers yesterday and the best deal I got was $10k off MSRP on a $71,500k truck where I would still get the 0%/84 deal. Other dealers told me to go pound sand, so I'm assuming I've squeezed as much as I can while still taking the free money financing. There is definitely another $5k+ in incentives available if you don't take the financing though, at least from my understandings.
That's a great deal though, right? 14% dealer discount.

DCFireSgt

Reaction score
Dealer discount or discount after rebates? Good deal if before, terrible deal if after.
The dealer I had bought from last year is beating that right now:

• MSRP $63,,940
  • You Save $14,021
  • Internet Price $49,919
No, I'm pretty sure its the same deal. https://www.waldorfdodge.com/new-Waldorf-2020-+-Ram+1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT4LN268712

rybocf

Reaction score
That's a great deal though, right? 14% dealer discount.

I thought it was pretty good, they were certainly willing to let me walk if I didn't take it, so I don't think there was much more in that deal, but you never know.

Vols1018

Reaction score
Waldorf Dodge and all the dealerships he owns are outrageous. They aren't a high volume dealer. I just had a newer salesman there basically verify that information and tell me good luck on them trying to make any great deals. He is already trying to leave because the volume is low. There are way more dealers in the DMV that have higher volume and have already blown their quotes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online