5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ryan74701

Reaction score
anyone expecting these deals to get a lot better with the stock market in the crapper and covid 19 spreading?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Welp, landed the deal on a 2020 limited. MSRP was $66,025. Got it down to $46,318 (plus ttl) with my $6,000 in rebates (only extra one was the $1000 conquest). Couldn't say no to that price, $20k.. 29.9% off... I was fairly happy, sales manager probably not as much. Love the truck

Nice! Which dealer was this?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welp, landed the deal on a 2020 limited. MSRP was $66,025. Got it down to $46,318 (plus ttl) with my $6,000 in rebates (only extra one was the $1000 conquest). Couldn't say no to that price, $20k.. 29.9% off... I was fairly happy, sales manager probably not as much. Love the truck
You know, it might just be a good time to buy a 2020. Give it another week of Covid19 empty showrooms and maybe the last June prices will look like an easy mark. Thats a really good point SilverSurfer.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m ready to strip my truck down to just the lift and trade it in at any moment for one of those 30% off deals I heard about last year. Maybe that new olive drab color on a mostly loaded Laramie for around 40? Doesn’t sound too bad!

Calsun

Reaction score
Always start with the dealer invoice and reach agreement on how far above or below that number you will accept. MSRP is a fictional number to make people believe that they are getting a great deal when they pay a lesser amount. For example the same exact configuration with a 2020 Laramie crew cab has a MSRP $3,400 higher than a 2020 Laramie with the quad cab. I cannot believe that the extra 9 inches of legroom justifies the additional $3,400.

With our government not competent to deal with the coming Covid-19 epidemic I have decided to wait for the 2021 model year trucks to arrive. I am not going to be traveling out of town or starting new projects with the current situation so no need for a new truck.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Always start with the dealer invoice and reach agreement on how far above or below that number you will accept. MSRP is a fictional number to make people believe that they are getting a great deal when they pay a lesser amount. For example the same exact configuration with a 2020 Laramie crew cab has a MSRP $3,400 higher than a 2020 Laramie with the quad cab. I cannot believe that the extra 9 inches of legroom justifies the additional $3,400.

With our government not competent to deal with the coming Covid-19 epidemic I have decided to wait for the 2021 model year trucks to arrive. I am not going to be traveling out of town or starting new projects with the current situation so no need for a new truck.
You may want to think about the lack of new vehicle sales and if that could mean super pricing. I'd just guess that when the dealerships floorplan costs start climbing and their revenue is dropping, they've got to do something with all that inventory.
Politics aside (and this is all uncharted territory no matter who is running the ship), business still has to make a buck and they will sell at a discount if they have to. So keep your eye on FCA sales if you want a truck.
If I had not bought a new truck last April, I'd sure be looking at getting something by this summer.

chrisnack

Reaction score

Damn that’s a hell of a price! I leased mine but it was ultimately considerably more even with friends and family discount.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed over the weekend the Laramie incentives in my actually reduced from $5k to $4k. I bought my truck last month, and my dad is trying to purchase one this month. The prices at the same dealers are coming in $1-3k higher than last month as of today.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the FCA stock today? Lol

all the global closures for Fiat mainly have really done a number on them. It will be real interesting to see if they get crazy aggressive with the more popular Ram and Jeep brand to try and make up for some of this global drama

Grouper

Reaction score
My problem is that I've been doing my best to search for white, Night Edition, Laramies for months and I'm 100% convinced I will never find what I want in-stock. To truly get what I want, I'll have to order.

I know the best deals are typically buying from dealer stock but I have't found anything in-stock at any dealer that's close to the configuration I want. Not to mention, it seems every dealer-stock Night Edition in the country has been ordered 3.92's, which I'd rather not have.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My problem is that I've been doing my best to search for white, Night Edition, Laramies for months and I'm 100% convinced I will never find what I want in-stock. To truly get what I want, I'll have to order.

I know the best deals are typically buying from dealer stock but I have't found anything in-stock at any dealer that's close to the configuration I want. Not to mention, it seems every dealer-stock Night Edition in the country has been ordered 3.92's, which I'd rather not have.

Yep, you need to make a decision what things you can live without or just order. In the end, you’ll likely pay $6-8k+ more in my area by ordering instead of buying from the lot.

If you have a good dealer willing to work with you, they have the ability to search across the region to find what you’re looking for. Your tools are otherwise limited to 150mi radius of any zip code.

I ended up getting more truck for less money than what I would have ordered. I really wanted a limited slip diff, but had to give up on that.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can call Chrysler and they can search for you on their end, and tell you where the nearest one is if it exists.

I’m also in this boat though, I wanted a max steel 6’4” bed Laramie or longhorn without any of automated driving ‘features’ and had to have 3.92s and 33 gal tank. Found a couple short beds, not a single matching truck they could find in 1k mile radius lol.

ended up buying a Rebel on a lot I saw that had most of that.... obviously not the 6’4” bed which is my biggest regret.

3.92 are incredibly hard to find, which is mostly why I just bought a Rebel and called it a day.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
You can call Chrysler and they can search for you on their end, and tell you where the nearest one is if it exists.

I’m also in this boat though, I wanted a max steel 6’4” bed Laramie or longhorn without any of automated driving ‘features’ and had to have 3.92s and 33 gal tank. Found a couple short beds, not a single matching truck they could find in 1k mile radius lol.

ended up buying a Rebel on a lot I saw that had most of that.... obviously not the 6’4” bed which is my biggest regret.

3.92 are incredibly hard to find, which is mostly why I just bought a Rebel and called it a day.
Same. Ended up with Rebel as well. Will take delivery next week. Comprised on the bed. Otherwise got exactly what I wanted.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i think ill shop around at what gmc is offering, im tired of this 20 gallon **** *** tank

lol knowing I would get 15 at best downhill with the wind blowing I made the 33 gal a hard requirement. You can swap them out, just need a half competent dealer to reflash the truck for it. Would probably cost ~1k dollars though.

anyone considering an 84 month loan... make sure you get GAP.

Users who are viewing this thread