5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Wrecktal

Reaction score
For a 60k loan it's around a 6k difference between 4% apr and the 0% over the life of the loan. They would have to do better than 6k in rebates. Right now they're at 5k last I looked so a wash depending on your length of loan and apr. From what I understand it doesn't nuke all the rebates just the non conditional ones.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Roddog2220

Reaction score
It seems like they are just doing 0% for 84 with no money. Not really a great deal. Lower payment but probably cost 2-3k more than taking cash rebate, especially considering everything going on and they are going to have to get more aggressive than that. They probably just did it to match GM.

yeah 0 without the rebates isnt worth the 1.9-2.9 you can get with good credit

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
GM is offering 0% on 84 months now... Ford didnt go that far but they have something out as well.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a 60k loan it's around a 6k difference between 4% apr and the 0% over the life of the loan. They would have to do better than 6k in rebates. Right now they're at 5k last I looked so a wash depending on your length of loan and apr. From what I understand it doesn't nuke all the rebates just the non conditional ones.

yea that’s a little better than I was thinking, I was looking at 50k or less at 3.35% 72 months so it’s about the same as the 5K rebates out. And I was also kind of comparing it to what I suspect will be coming soon.

this dude is supposed to call me today with the new incentive, surprised he hasn’t yet but they might not be open until 9 AM. I’ll report back what he tells me about combining incentives but the ram truck site makes it look like it’s a hard OR on the financing or the rebates.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
The Ram site doesn't really cover the conditional incentives at all.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are we talking about the things like realtor assocation and FFA and low credit score and military and etc? I try to steer away from that because it’s not truly an accurate representation for what everyone can buy.

I see 7k cash for big horn and 5500 Laramie for my zip code, or 0% for 84, or 0% for 60 with 3500 cash.

I want to see 0% for 84 with 2-4K cash. That’s really all I’m saying. Or another one of these 15%+ off all models rebates. They’ve already F up and shown their cards in my mind, they did that without a pending crisis, so I’m expect to see that or better in the next few months.

I’m also “wanting to buy” not needing, so I’m jaut being a DB about wanting to get the lowest price on this one since I over paid by like 5k dollars on my current truck vs what they went for in June.

edit: share price under 7 dollars today.

Last edited:

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Are we talking about the things like realtor assocation and FFA and low credit score and military and etc? I try to steer away from that because it’s not truly an accurate representation for what everyone can buy.

I see 7k cash for big horn and 5500 Laramie for my zip code, or 0% for 84, or 0% for 60 with 3500 cash.

I want to see 0% for 84 with 2-4K cash. That’s really all I’m saying. Or another one of these 15%+ off all models rebates. They’ve already F up and shown their cards in my mind, they did that without a pending crisis, so I’m expect to see that or better in the next few months.

I’m also “wanting to buy” not needing, so I’m jaut being a DB about wanting to get the lowest price on this one since I over paid by like 5k dollars on my current truck vs what they went for in June.
Yep those are the conditional rebates.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
thats exactly how i felt, love the exterior interior is blah lol, what mpg you getting in the rebel, just curious
Getting pretty garbage numbers right now and not sure why....averaging 11.5 mpg 70/30 city/highway

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Same and the GMC AT4 didn't have as good of gas mileage as the rebel. Even with a 3.53 rear and smaller tires. The interior was bleh. I put roughly 500 miles a week in the seat. Want more than they had. Especially for the price.

I have the 6.2L/10-speed in my Escalade ESV and it only takes 93 octane but gets AMAZING mileage for such a heavy vehicle....20+ mpg on road trips often

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I have the 6.2L/10-speed in my Escalade ESV and it only takes 93 octane but gets AMAZING mileage for such a heavy vehicle....20+ mpg on road trips often

the 6.2 takes only 93 octane?

btw i used the 500 realtor rebate and it was legit to whoever was asking

Ramaroo

Reaction score
They are shutting down the RAM 1500 plant today. I am guessing this won't help buyers in the short term price wise.

The news article claims it is because one employee had the coronavirus (but they had been away from the plant a week already, and their work area had already been sanitized). I imagine it's a handy excuse to help with a slow sales period.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are shutting down the RAM 1500 plant today. I am guessing this won't help buyers in the short term price wise.

The news article claims it is because one employee had the coronavirus (but they had been away from the plant a week already, and their work area had already been sanitized). I imagine it's a handy excuse to help with a slow sales period.
Yea I just saw this on my local TV station WRAL online news:
On Wednesday, the economy continued to shut down. A person briefed on the matter said Detroit's three automakers have agreed to close all their factories due to worker fears about the coronavirus. Automakers are expected to release details of the closure later Wednesday. The United Auto Workers union has been pushing for factories to close because workers are fearful of coming into contact with the virus.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t see how it’s bad for consumers at all, lost revenue continues..... for fiat and now all their brands. Come on down prices, we are ready for the deals.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I can’t see how it’s bad for consumers at all, lost revenue continues..... for fiat and now all their brands. Come on down prices, we are ready for the deals.
If there are fewer trucks to buy the competition among buyers may go up as the options buyers want become harder to find. If people stop buying vehicles altogether that may drive prices down, but I don't think supply issues will benefit the consumer.

ldoh

Reaction score
As we've all heard, the big three have shut down the plants for UAW/covid19. But vehicle sales are down significantly (~over 30%) so it probably doesn't make sense to keep pushing them out the door. Gawd knows dealers don't want to choke on excess supply when demand hits the skids.

Users who are viewing this thread