5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Is 20% off msrp on a leftover 19 Laramie a decent deal?
Msrp is $62,820. Without haggling theyre offering it for 49,999 ($10,820 dealer discount, $2000 in rebates, 0% for 60 months so I lose $2000 in rebates I would get if I went through my credit union).
Just wondering what’s the chances I can get them down to 48,000

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Msrp is $62,820. Without haggling theyre offering it for 49,999 ($10,820 dealer discount, $2000 in rebates, 0% for 60 months so I lose $2000 in rebates I would get if I went through my credit union).

thatsa sweet dealer discount but the lack of rebates is hurting you. I don’t think you’ll see much more here, its not a bad price but you could probably get into a 20 for the same price (and probably cheaper in the next couple months).

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
thatsa sweet dealer discount but the lack of rebates is hurting you. I don’t think you’ll see much more here, its not a bad price but you could probably get into a 20 for the same price (and probably cheaper in the next couple months).
I’m not in a rush so probably gamble and see what March rebates bring. The 0% interest is enticing because we’ll see the loan through.

BugGuy

Reaction score
But your saving $3-5K in interest. And Th3Juiceman, you can go into the dealership and tell them you'll take it right then and there if they can get to 48. Be prepared to walk. If you REALLY want it, go back the next day and take it for 50. If you're not that in love with it, wait a few days to see if they call you. Before you go there, get some competing offers. Then you'll know if it's really a great deal, or if there's a little more savings to be found.

fleetfoot5000

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I think that’s a great price. The 19 is the same truck as the 20 and it’s new to you. In CT they are doing 0% for 60 months on 19s. If you do the math that’s an equal deal to what everyone’s getting here on 20s if you add in the saved interest.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the 0% it is a good deal as stated if you keep it for the whole loan. To be honest I just skimmed over that 0% part lol. I never keep anything long enough for it to make sense, but since you mentioned you would have it the whole time it makes the deal sweeter. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the 19 vs 20 aspect in this scenario.

ldoh

Reaction score
Not a bad deal unless you really wanted to buy something different. Unless I needed right away I'd probably wait a few more months when the more abundant 2020s are discounted with better selection of colors etc off the lot.

BugGuy

Reaction score
Yes OTD is all costs Tax, Licence, hidden fees, whatever costs dealer might have. Final Customer cost

I feel like OTD shouldn't include taxes and license since that's different for all of us. One state's Tags and Taxes might be $5-7k while another might be $2-3. Becuase of that, we end up comparing apples to oranges.

halfpounder

Reaction score
Just closed a deal on a new 2020 Ram Rebel today. Feel pretty good about it.

Date: Feb 22, 2020
Truck: 2020 Ram Rebel 5’7” 4x4 Hemi eTorque (White)
MSRP: $59,101
Dealer Discount: -$8,515
Rebates: -$4750 purchase incentives
Sale Price: $45,745 (23% off) OTD plus TTL

The truck was brand-new with only 30 miles on it, and well optioned. Level 2 Equipment Group, Rebel 12, V.8 with eTorque, Multifunction Tailgate, Trailer Brake, and Spray in bedliner. They even threw in some all weather mats at the end. They had the deal with all the discounts and rebates posted online ahead of time, so almost no negotiating was needed. Saw it the night before, called to confirm and make sure it wasn’t too good to be true. And I was there first thing the next morning to get it. I have been casually looking for a number of months, but that deal got me off the couch.

Registered just to post and pay it forward, as this thread was super helpful for me. Thanks ya’ll.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score

The truck was brand-new with only 30 miles on it, and well optioned. Level 2 Equipment Group, Rebel 12, V.8 with eTorque, Multifunction Tailgate, Trailer Brake, and Spray in bedliner. They even threw in some all weather mats at the end. They had the deal with all the discounts and rebates posted online ahead of time, so almost no negotiating was needed. Saw it the night before, called to confirm and make sure it wasn’t too good to be true. And I was there first thing the next morning to get it. I have been casually looking for a number of months, but that deal got me off the couch.

Registered just to post and pay it forward, as this thread was super helpful for me. Thanks ya’ll.
Congratulations on new Rig.
As you know new truck always need few pics to share with followers.

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score

congrats on the new truck. I am in the same boat. My local dealer has internet price at 30% off but haven’t made then trip up there yet.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am back! Well nobody knew I left :)

I sold the 2019 Limited last year for a number of reasons and bought a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon which I my wife is taking. We traded her car, and I just bought a new 2020 Laramie that is being delivered today from Atlanta.

MSRP 66875.00
Selling Price 52675.00

I paid the normal doc fee junk, and paid tax on trade difference. Super easy to deal with and they are bringing it to the house as part of the trade and picking up my wife's car. Ed Voyles was the dealer and the salesperson was Alex who was extremely nice and thankful.

Attached is the sticker

Attachments

• ram.pdf
    96 KB · Views: 31

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I am back! Well nobody knew I left :)

I sold the 2019 Limited last year for a number of reasons and bought a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon which I my wife is taking. We traded her car, and I just bought a new 2020 Laramie that is being delivered today from Atlanta.

MSRP 66875.00
Selling Price 52675.00

I paid the normal doc fee junk, and paid tax on trade difference. Super easy to deal with and they are bringing it to the house as part of the trade and picking up my wife's car. Ed Voyles was the dealer and the salesperson was Alex who was extremely nice and thankful.

Attached is the sticker

That’s awesome. I’m interested why you went with a high optioned Laramie rather than another limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s awesome. I’m interested why you went with a high optioned Laramie rather than another limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Question! I absolutely did not want air ride, did not want squinty headlights again, AND the biggest reason CHROME. I spent too much time getting my 2019 Limited looking like a Laramie.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m trying to close a deal on a 2020 Laramie this week and have a few options at 23-27% off after fees. Unfortunately, I’m finding a couple of the dealers want to play games with the financing rate, essentially jacking the rates above what’s listed for the local banks. Is anyone else running into this same experience?

There are also a couple of dealers who pitch a high rate from Chrysler and tell me I can refinance after a few months. I believe they receive their kickback at 4mo. I can’t find the terms for CF to know what’s real.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m trying to close a deal on a 2020 Laramie this week and have a few options at 23-27% off after fees. Unfortunately, I’m finding a couple of the dealers want to play games with the financing rate, essentially jacking the rates above what’s listed for the local banks. Is anyone else running into this same experience?

I have A+ credit and I didn't care what they quoted because I was going to turn around and refi with my local credit union.

BugGuy

Reaction score
I have A+ credit and I didn't care what they quoted because I was going to turn around and refi with my local credit union.

This. Also, depending on what state youre in, they may not be able to require you to keep the loan for 4 mos.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This. Also, depending on what state youre in, they may not be able to require you to keep the loan for 4 mos.

That depends on which state you live in? Where can I find those terms? That’s an important criteria.

Keezer

Reaction score
Great Question! I absolutely did not want air ride, did not want squinty headlights again, AND the biggest reason CHROME. I spent too much time getting my 2019 Limited looking like a Laramie.
Same, high optioned Laramie, wanted night edition but not a black truck, no chrome and did not like the headlights.
Ordered 12/20/19
Took delivery 2/21/20

MSRP 66200
Final price 52250 +TTL Was kinda a pain to get to that price, some things changed between the order date and arrival date.

Users who are viewing this thread