5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Hello all. I am about to order a Limited Black appearance package v6 with a 33 gallon fuel tank. Below is the quote I received. Basically, selling at "invoice" plus taxes and fees, and not including any incentives that may be in place upon arrival. Thoughts?

Minimum 10K off any Ram Truck!

BTK20

Reaction score
With an 8-12 week wait time for factory orders, how can one anticipate "incentives that may be in place upon arrival"? Is it usually difficult to negotiate with a dealer applying incentives available at time of _order_ instead of delivery?

Most incentives at time of order state "must take delivery by..." Incentives on Limited trucks are almost nonexistent right now, I can't picture them being worse on delivery.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Most incentives at time of order state "must take delivery by..." Incentives on Limited trucks are almost nonexistent right now, I can't picture them being worse on delivery.

Here in Ontario it's the "4x4 Winter Event" promotion, and factory rebates seem pretty decent from what I can tell - 25% off MSRP for Classic models, $10,500 off "all-new" 2019s, and $8,000 off (plus $500 after tax) for 2020's. I'm hoping to pull the trigger this week, but before walking into the dealer I want to be prepared for what my options are. I'd like to "lock in" the promotion at time of sale if possible, rather than *hoping* the rebates are going to be just as good when my factory order arrives 8-12 weeks later. Thanks!

7RKCwcs.png

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Here in Ontario it's the "4x4 Winter Event" promotion, and factory rebates seem pretty decent from what I can tell - 25% off MSRP for Classic models, $10,500 off "all-new" 2019s, and $8,000 off (plus $500 after tax) for 2020's. I'm hoping to pull the trigger this week, but before walking into the dealer I want to be prepared for what my options are. I'd like to "lock in" the promotion at time of sale if possible, rather than *hoping* the rebates are going to be just as good when my factory order arrives 8-12 weeks later. Thanks!

7RKCwcs.png

Generally speaking, at least here in the US, a dealer can't "lock in" your rebates until time of delivery.

So...you risk not getting them on an ordered truck, or could possibly get a better incentive, it all depends on the timing. % off MSRP is the way to look at it for those on the lot.

Good luck, 'eh? :)

BTK20

Reaction score
So, I have 2 quotes from dealers for a Limited, v6, Black Appearance Package, limited slip, and 33gal tank. The first (and not great) one I mentioned earlier is:
$60,195 MSRP including $1,650 Dest.
Sell for "invoice" $55150
$699 Doc fee
$170 TTL (?)
$3,890 Tax (6.6% in Ga. Ugh)
Total OTD $59,909 minus incentives available on delivery

Second Quote:
$53,393
$3,890 Tax
$0 additional fees
Total OTD $57283 including a $1,000 guaranteed rebate, minus incentives available on delivery.

Seem like a fair deal, or should I go back for more?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Second one looks good, you could probably squeeze them For 500-1k on the discount but that’s about 11%. While some people seem to have gotten around 15, I wouldn’t say thats normal. 11-13 is more realistic for most.
The rebates should only get better as mentioned as the trucks become “older”.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Second one looks good, you could probably squeeze them For 500-1k on the discount but that’s about 11%. While some people seem to have gotten around 15, I wouldn’t say thats normal. 11-13 is more realistic for most.
The rebates should only get better as mentioned as the trucks become “older”.

Always a crap shoot on ordering, timing of delivery, etc. You'll probably be ok...but a respectable sales person will tell you, here is the maximum you'd pay if you ordered...

If we are talking on the lot trucks, always put your offer in % off from MSRP. If you go back through these threads, 2019's are in the 20% off MSRP range, 22% being a great deal. The longer those sit in the lot, the bigger your discount to MSRP should be.

2020's are in the 17%-18% range, with 20% being a great deal. If seen a few higher. You have to compare depreciation of a 2019, to the higher cost of the 2020's, etc.

If you are talking discount to invoice, 12-14% on a new truck is pretty decent.

I don't want to sound unhelpful, but if folks simply do the math, they can tell themselves if it is a "good deal" or not, based on doing just a bit of homework on this page, doing some comparisons to MSRP's, if you happen to find someone in your area, etc.

It all comes down to your comfort level in pushing your local dealer (which I'd always recommend buying from, especially if you plan on a long relationship, service, parts, etc.). In some cases, such as less common Black Appearance Group 1500 Limiteds, you may find you can't push as hard, as they can't keep them on the lot more than a week or two.

Anyway...spend 20 minutes flipping through these pages, start with the last month or so, work toward today...you'll find a wealth of information that may save you a few hundred, or a few thousand dollars.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
So, I have 2 quotes from dealers for a Limited, v6, Black Appearance Package, limited slip, and 33gal tank. The first (and not great) one I mentioned earlier is:
Sell for "invoice" $55150
$699 Doc fee
$170 TTL (?)
$3,890 Tax (6.6% in Ga. Ugh)
Total OTD $59,909 minus incentives available on delivery

Second Quote:
$53,393
$3,890 Tax
$0 additional fees
Total OTD $57283 including a $1,000 guaranteed rebate, minus incentives available on delivery.

Seem like a fair deal, or should I go back for more?

If you order from Koons (forum sponsor) you can get 8% below invoice on any order. Plus factory rebates at the time of delivery. Reach out to Craig Benner. He's got his info early in this thread. Only issue is he's not in Ga. He's worth contacting if you know exactly what you want to order and just want the best deal. Only issue is taking delivery in northern VA. I suspect the savings would make the trip worthwhile.

PowerWagonDontCare

Reaction score
Bought my loaded up limited yesterday. 71K sticker, OTD at $55K with 5yr / 150K mile warranty. 2.9%

That sounds like a great deal! Mind sharing the dealer with me through PM?

I am looking at buying a 2019 - 2020 fully loaded Power Wagon and prices from dealers are all over the place. One dealer has a fully loaded 2020 with a sticker price over 70k and my OTD price was 65K. Not bad but I know I could do better.

Another dealer has a demo 2019 PW driven by the General Manager of the dealership with almost 3K miles and wont budge past 61K OTD when sticker price is 67k. This truck should be in the 50's with deductions taken off MSRP for each mile driven ($.20). I should also get incentives/rebates.

Any tips or leads on getting a good deal on Power Wagons or what sort of discount to expect?

Last edited:

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger today (ordered Jan 16th 2020), very excited to join the 5th gen club! (replacing 3rd gen Power Wagon)

Factory Order (Toronto Canada)
-2020 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 5'7" box Granite Crystal Metallic
-Hemi/eTorque/RamBox/MF Tailgate/Advanced Safety Grp/Off-road Grp/Sunroof/Hitch/Trailer brake/Bed Grp/Tonneau/33gal fuel tank/3.92 axle ratio

MSRP: $88,680 CAD (which is approx $68,000 USD at current conversion rate of .77 cents USD to CAD)
OTD: $72,000 CAD (approx $55,200 USD)

Approx %19 off MSRP

Wait time of 8-12 weeks I'm told... luckily it wasn't even suggested that I'd have to gamble at what type of incentives/rebates would be available at time of delivery, this is the final guaranteed price.

blue tom

Reaction score
All right, I've got one for you now, but I worry it might cause more harm than good. Bought mine yesterday in Texas. Paid exactly what they advertised online. I don't imagine there was another dollar left to wiggle, even if I had pushed harder for it. I tried to get them to add the Chrysler Capital $500 and Truecar $500 rebates when I showed up, but they outright refused. I didn't really have a lot of leverage, considering the price they were already at. I'm usually all about the negotiation, but I was totally satisfied with the offer.

2020 Longhorn V8 eTorque 5'7" 4x2
Advanced Safety, Level 1, and some other options
MSRP $62k
Invoice $57k
Sale price with rebates $43.5k
All standard rebates, though they didn't break them down for me. No conquest, military, realtor or anything like that. I did finance through Chrysler at like 5.75%, but the price was the same either way. It was more convenient for me, and I'll just refinance with my credit union.

Even for a sort of oddball build (all-white longhorn RWD with no sunroof/air ride/rambox), I felt like that was a smokin' good deal. That's 30% off MSRP on a brand new full-luxury truck with 130 miles on the odo (about the same % I was offered last month for a 2019 dealer demo 4x4 lease with employee pricing). For what it's worth, dealer also seems to have installed window tint, wheel locks, and whatever that mopar tracking thing is, but I didn't pay for them. If I'm honest, I was skeptical that the whole thing was real until I parked it in my driveway. I don't think I'd use my experience as any sort of bargaining chip for other deals, though. Every other dealer I talked to said there's no way they could touch that discount. I know there's got to be a story about this truck, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. Looks and drives perfect. They just told me it had been on the lot a few months and they were trying to move volume. Good enough for me.

Oh, and they also sent two porters today to deliver my old truck (which I did not trade; just drove it up there yesterday) 3 hours away to my house. For free. You guys. Should I be concerned? :unsure:

Last edited:

riccog125

Reaction score
I picked up a new '19 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 the day after Christmas. MSRP of $70,819.00. I was able to get it down to $53,753.00 (24% off). After TTL $59,074. Also got 0% for 60mo.

blue tom

Reaction score
Nice deal! Which dealership? (PM if you prefer)

This was an AutoNation CDJR in Ft. Worth. It’s not like they’re giving out deals like this on every car on the lot, of course, but they were pretty easy to work with.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was an AutoNation CDJR in Ft. Worth. It’s not like they’re giving out deals like this on every car on the lot, of course, but they were pretty easy to work with.

LOL ahh good stuff.

“Where did you get that deal?”

“over here but you can’t get it”

RamFan2019

Reaction score
Hey All, doing some shopping for a new 2020 RAM BigHorn CC , Night Edition, 5.7 NON -Etorque with Level 2 Equipment.
MSRP that I am seeing is 52k -53k. I am trying to negotiate with some dealers, however they are all pretty much at around 43-45 Sell price BEFORE taxes, Dealer fees etc.
This seems pretty high based on what I am seeing on this thread.. Are the rebates & incentives that bad right now? I was targeting a aprox 40K sell price without taxes, fess etc. am I being unrealistic? Maybe I just need to work on these guys up a bit more.... I'm in New England, in RI.

Users who are viewing this thread