5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Rebates are not good right now. Probably the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Even the other two don’t really have good sales going, bunch of 0% percent deals this month.
I was just getting ready to ask how common 0% is... apparently pretty common... I got "employee discount" (or whatever they call it) and maybe some other frivolous accommodation - but they wouldn't come off the resulting OTD price... did offer 0% financing which ended up better than the OTD price I was targeting with my financing of 3.24%.

I plan to keep the truck the term of the loan so I'm not too concerned about agreeing to higher purchase price, since monthly payments is lower than I would have paid otherwise.

If TRX comes out earlier than expected and I can't wait, then the plan backfires on me since I'll be slightly negative on resale/trade-in. If everything works the way I plan - the TRX will have been out long enough to have bugs worked out and by 2nd gen I'll trade the Rebel for the monster :p

Sticker with the options I have was just under 60K... OTD was just over 54K with 0% financing (which is an effective OTD of approx 50K had I used my financing).

Seems an avg deal based on what I've been reading... I'm happy with it. Love the truck (will love it more if MPG gets better)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s been pretty common in recent years, I’m not really fan. Like you said, you need to keep it for the life of the loan for it to make sense.

The only positive for 0% is if your buying like a longhorn for example, where they never really have more than 1-2k off. But for say a big horn where you can usually land a huge rebate, not so hot.

I think it’s more about marketing to the masses, most people see 0% and just assume it’s GREAT.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
It’s been pretty common in recent years, I’m not really fan. Like you said, you need to keep it for the life of the loan for it to make sense.

The only positive for 0% is if your buying like a longhorn for example, where they never really have more than 1-2k off. But for say a big horn where you can usually land a huge rebate, not so hot.

I think it’s more about marketing to the masses, most people see 0% and just assume it’s GREAT.
I wanted 50 OTD... but that was with my financing... their deal makes it effectively the same as I wanted - so in reality, it was great as far as I'm concerned. Not because I got bamboozled, but because the numbers worked they way I targeted.

I wasn't looking for a low-ball good deal. I was looking for a great truck at a price I felt was fair. I got what i was looking for.

I could have sacrificed some of the "wants" i had for the truck i was looking for and settled for a great deal... but for me, the right truck was more important than a killer deal. I won't overpay for what I want ,and I don't think I did.

I guess since the thread is to share experience for others to gauge from, I should list the truck (I haven't taken the time to do that in sig - seems like it's a thing on this forum).. it's a '19 Rebel, two-tone white with Ram Boxes, air suspension, sprayed bed liner, cargo bed rails, all the tricks in level one - Uconnect, remote start, etc... and some frivolous stuff (wheel locks, full tinted, etc).

ETA - Oh, and they threw in crappy MPG for free :ROFLMAO:

It is getting a little better though (very little).

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted 50 OTD... but that was with my financing... their deal makes it effectively the same as I wanted - so in reality, it was great as far as I'm concerned. Not because I got bamboozled, but because the numbers worked they way I targeted.

I wasn't looking for a low-ball good deal. I was looking for a great truck at a price I felt was fair. I got what i was looking for.

I could have sacrificed some of the "wants" i had for the truck i was looking for and settled for a great deal... but for me, the right truck was more important than a killer deal. I won't overpay for what I want ,and I don't think I did.

I guess since the thread is to share experience for others to gauge from, I should list the truck (I haven't taken the time to do that in sig - seems like it's a thing on this forum).. it's a '19 Rebel, two-tone white with Ram Boxes, air suspension, sprayed bed liner, cargo bed rails, all the tricks in level one - Uconnect, remote start, etc... and some frivolous stuff (wheel locks, full tinted, etc).

ETA - Oh, and they threw in crappy MPG for free :ROFLMAO:

It is getting a little better though (very little).

Sounds logical. The rebel is another trim where the 0% could make sense, like it did for you. They don’t often discount them heavily either. It really just Depends on all the factors at play.

The mileage isn’t great on the rebel for sure lol, but you should be able to get closer to 15 once the tune gets settled in. That’s about where I was ‘back in the day’, now I hang out around 11-13.

Enjoy the truck, that’s all that matters in the end.

Maconi

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited (fully loaded minus split tailgate/ram boxes)
MSRP: $69,850
Negotiated: $55,500
20.5% off MSRP

Most of the dealerships I spoke to in December were offering similar deals. You could get around 20% off MSRP with 0% 60m financing, or around 22% off MSRP with normal financing. It was always better to go with the 0% if you needed financing and planned on keeping the truck for the full loan term. They were also offering an extra $1,000 off if you traded in a competitor's truck but I didn't own one.

I found a couple great deals which were like 25% and 28% off MSRP but they sold right after I called (both times) so it just wasn't meant to be lol.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can get 5k rebate and 0% interest only saves you 4K, then it wouldn’t be the route to go.... it’s not always best.

Last edited:

Bur Jr

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn
- Diamond Black - Night Edition - Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group - Rubber Floor Mats
- Hemi w/eTorque - Panoramic Sunroof - Rear Wheelhouse Liners

MSRP $52,450
Dealer website listed price $39,564
Discounts included unknown, no additional negotiation
Had to finance with Chrysler Capital to get pricing, dealer requested hold payoff for 4 months

Cuyahoga Falls, OH December 14, 2019

justmikeyd

Reaction score
MSRP $69,870
price OTD (no taxes) $57,975

2020 limited, black appearance, Ltd 1, sunroof, 3.92 and a couple other things. Great dealer experience at hilltop cdj in ada, ok!

Smerberj

Reaction score
Well I'm going against OP's rules but my trucks sticker was $52,000 and I got it for $32,000 ($35,000 after taxes). That was with $12,000 in rebates (employee pricing plus, BigHorn Cash, Military discount, Crystler Capital Finance at 3.24%) and a trade in value of $8,000.

justahbustah

Reaction score
Had to finance with Chrysler Capital to get pricing, dealer requested hold payoff for 4 months

I bought my Rebel on Black Friday and the dealer said not to refinance in 90 days. I read through my contract 5x and didn't see anything in writing that explicitly stated that. Called Chrysler Capital too and they said there was no penalty for paying off early. Refinanced with my bank this week and reduced my APR by 60% (~6.5 to 2.5)...waiting to see if the dealer or chrysler hits me with some "penalty".

rxit

Reaction score

If I have done it right the website address should be listed above. I'm new to the forum and learning. Hope this works.

The dealer is located in Arlington Heights IL. I live in the Chicagoland area.

Hope this helps

Also, that did not include TTL. IL loves to stick it to you for taxes.

rxit

Reaction score

If I have done it right the website address should be listed above. I'm new to the forum and learning. Hope this works.

The dealer is located in Arlington Heights IL. I live in the Chicagoland area.

Hope this helps

Also, that did not include TTL. IL loves to stick it to you for taxes.
Also, I did not qualify for any of the specific rebates like military, first responder, etc. I did finance thru Chrysler to get all rebates I could, but will be changing to a different bank in 4-months. I was told I had to keep it with Chrysler for 4 months.

The price did include their standard package of stuff in that price 2 oil changes, a tire rotation, windshield protection (1-year on the windshield I think), key protection for 2 years I think, locking lugnuts, nitrogen in the tires, and edge guards on the doors. I would not have paid for this, they appear to have it on all their vehicles.

Bur Jr

Reaction score
I bought my Rebel on Black Friday and the dealer said not to refinance in 90 days. I read through my contract 5x and didn't see anything in writing that explicitly stated that. Called Chrysler Capital too and they said there was no penalty for paying off early. Refinanced with my bank this week and reduced my APR by 60% (~6.5 to 2.5)...waiting to see if the dealer or chrysler hits me with some "penalty".

You won't get hit with anything, but the dealer won't be happy. They get kick-backs for sending the financing through Chrysler Capital, but their kick-back gets reduced if the loan gets paid off too quickly. That's why they request that you not pay it off or refinance for x number of months.

rzims

Reaction score
I felt like I got a decent deal on my 19 Laramie 1500. MSRP was 52,800, Invoice was 48,500...I was out the door at 42k even.
Went in with financing from my credit union, but they ended up matching it through Chrysler.

BTK20

Reaction score
Hello all. I am about to order a Limited Black appearance package v6 with a 33 gallon fuel tank. Below is the quote I received. Basically, selling at "invoice" plus taxes and fees, and not including any incentives that may be in place upon arrival. Thoughts?

Attachments

• doc20200113123948.pdf
    53.3 KB · Views: 58

rzims

Reaction score
Seems to me you might have less negotiating room when you're ordering a specific truck. I shopped all the local dealers until I found one that had the truck I wanted on their lot.
Once its on their lot, they have more incentive to move it.
59k seems like a lot for a 2WD with a v6.....but I could be wrong

Xhumeka

Reaction score
With an 8-12 week wait time for factory orders, how can one anticipate "incentives that may be in place upon arrival"? Is it usually difficult to negotiate with a dealer applying incentives available at time of _order_ instead of delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online