5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Moparluver

Reaction score
se" OTD without the 500. I asked him to commit to the 500, and he said he'd make it happen. I head to the dealer and he hems and haws, and finally comes back and says they can't find the extra 500, but they have a unit with 1,000 miles on it, that they could do the deal on. I asked for my keys and walked. Truth is, I think his deal is fair without the 500 and it's g

That's probably really sage advice

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Hey guys, dealer has shared with me the invoice price and the hold back amount....$44,435 MSRP / $42,728 invoice - $1,288 hold back = what he says is a dealer cost of $41,440. I could still add the manufacturer incentives to that but it doesnt seem like he wants to include any additional dealer discount. Assuming the numbers above are true, would there really be no room for a dealer discount here and only the manufacture incentives are left? Thanks.

RebelRam

Reaction score
Learned a little more about this truck. It has 3,000 miles now (guess the sales manager took it on a vacation over the 4th, lovely). It is also a transport damage vehicle. Basically the sales guy told me that some cars get damaged in transit to dealerships and the dealerships have the option to deny them upon delivery. They go back to FCA to get fixed, and dealers have the ability to buy them to sell on their lot. I said well it's not worth $47,000 then, i can get a non damaged new one for $3k more. He said they had $42k into it and need to get at least $45k.

The search continues!

I know this reply is from a week ago and you’re not considering getting this one anymore, but my truck was a demo and I can confirm a few things.

Mine had 4200 miles on it when I purchased it. They gave me a mileage discount of .75/mile and some kind of undelivered discount too of $1000 since it wasn’t technically on their lot. In my vehicles particular case the owner of the lot ordered it to drive around himself until he put 5000 miles or so on it. Then planned on selling it. I saw it on the web site and it had virtually every option I wanted. Got it on the last day of the June incentives (July 1st). Sticker was $65k, incentives dropped it to $49k I believe and I paid around $46k with tax tags and everything included.

You do lose miles on the warranty though it starts at 0 miles. But oddly the time started at my purchase date. That really didn’t matter to me anyway since I planned on getting the 7 yr unlimited mile warranty.

To me it was a no brained since I got it better optioned than the ones on the lot for thousands cheaper.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
You buying another one?
Looking for my dad, this one is special order. Anyone here know how much an invoice usually is under msrp? Do dealers have more room after they remove holdback on invoice price?

MPMRam

Reaction score
Looking for my dad, this one is special order. Anyone here know how much an invoice usually is under msrp? Do dealers have more room after they remove holdback on invoice price?

When you go to order your truck at dealer, theyvwill put in all options you want, then they will print the order sheet for you to review with all options, and a total MSRP including destination fee. In the limited I was going to order MSRP was $66,610. Invoice was $60,906., FFP is like family and friends plan $60,372. EP is employee plan $58,061. Then you deduct Ram rebates. I was lucky I ordered my limited June 1, my MSRP was $67,575, dealer discount was $7,860, and rebate was $10,136, total was $49,579+ tax, title and doc fee. Also my truck was not into the dealer on July 1 when the 15% rebate ended. So my dealer called and said if I came in to sign papers and complete purchase the rebate would still apply. That saved me more then $6,500. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I finalized my deal yesterday after some shenanigans at greenway in Orlando. The dealer who had the truck on the lot would not release the truck to greenway, even after greenway "sold me the truck" and promised they could get it to me, i figured out where the truck was in Orlando, and they gave me a better deal anyways.

MSRP was $65,800 and i got the truck for $54,900 so $10,900 in dealer negotiation. (closed the deal 7/16). The kicker was that they gave me $44,000 for my GMC, which the other dealer was only giving me $40. KBB and NADA were both at $37-41k. I had offers on it at $37k from Napleton, $39k from Philips, and the $40k from greenway. So a lot of my deal was the additional $4000 on my trade and tax on my trade as well. I had a good amount of equity in the GMC too, so my balance was not terribly different. I feel like I spent an extra 3-4k over what I could ultimately get in September, but the problem was my trade value. I have a couple of long towing trips coming up, and my $7500 mile Sierra would have drastically reduced in value in the next couple of months, so I had to take that trade number (i purchased it last year for $46,000 +TTL new).

Anyhow, this truck is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the 2018 Sierras, my wife could not believe it when i brought it home how much newer it felt, and how many more amenities it has. I felt like I made out well, even though it was pretty gut-wrenching to miss out on June deals.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
That’s what I figured. The salesman was really butthurt i didn’t take his deal. I hate how these guys try to add $4000 worth of useless packages like Lojack and a 5 year cleaning serviceyou don’t want.
That's too bad. Let him try to scam the next person who deals with him.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a sales guy give me the biggest attitude when i told him i needed to think about the deal. He rolled his eyes and was like man cmon we are close, just take the deal before it's gone. They act like this is such an easy decision purchasing a 50k+ truck

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I had a sales guy give me the biggest attitude when i told him i needed to think about the deal. He rolled his eyes and was like man cmon we are close, just take the deal before it's gone. They act like this is such an easy decision purchasing a 50k+ truck
As soon as the attitude started, I would have walked. There's plenty of other dealers out there that will treat you better.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been working a deal with a local dealer and they have me in a crew cab big Horn at 27% off MSRP so that's MSRP of $50,000, and out the door price not including sales tax or tags for 36500. I'm trying to decide if I should wait till August and see what deals are out there or if I should at least wait till the end of this month. I feel like 27% off is pretty decent, and it could get better, but is it really worth 1000 or $1,500 to gamble on better incentives

That's about as good as any deal I saw online at the end of June for that price range. I just missed out landing my dream truck last month at a 28% discount off MSRP but I found another at a local dealer that's offering 17.4%. I'm going to head over for a test drive and see if I can get it closer to 27% off which will bring this Limited to around 50k (minus dest, tags, etc..)

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I got so frustrated at the Walnut Creek, CA dealer here last weekend. They are the worst. Sales guy did not want to even counter my offer. I said "well send me an email and let me know your offer" he said "suuuurrreeeee". Problem is they had so many people in the place and selling so many cars to naive people with a lot of money that he just wanted to move on to someone willing to pay full price and not deal with me. F those guys.

R.A.M.

Reaction score
Everyone keeps referring to the June deals as if they are the best rates for 2019s. Won't August/September bring better deals when the 2020s move in?

Sightfisht

Reaction score
Everyone keeps referring to the June deals as if they are the best rates for 2019s. Won't August/September bring better deals when the 2020s move in?
Maybe, but trucks with the options you want may not be left

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe, but trucks with the options you want may not be left

That’s the kicker, there are so many darn configurations in these trucks. I liked a couple different colors but I spent more time examining window stickers than anything else, I was shopping 5 different dealerships and when I stumbled across the truck I bought it had almost everything I wanted and I was able to get a truck that had a MSRP of $52975 for $38110, I couldn’t pass it up. I had already accepted that I was not able to find the perfect truck in my area anyway so a little compromise was already part of the plan. If you find a truck that has most of what you want and can negotiate a good price, I would not bet on finding that truck in a couple months, the supply is gonna dry up. Although in hindsight I’d rather not have bought a first year model anyway!

Jflores14

Reaction score
You can still find Big Horn level trims similar to June deals. However the higher trim Laramie, Limited, Rebel, Longhorn usually dont have as high as rebates. The 15% rebate was unheard of when they released the incentive in June on all trims. That meant a $8500-$10500 incentive from the manufacture on those higher trims when most of the past incentives on those trims range from $1k-$4k..

Lslblues

Reaction score
Just bought a Big Horn Sport Crew Cab 4X4. MSRP 55,430. I paid 38,999 so right at 30% off. Bought it from Jimmy Britt in Georgia. Super easy transaction and they even delivered it to my house five hours away.

ZeroSeVen

Reaction score
I got so frustrated at the Walnut Creek, CA dealer here last weekend. They are the worst. Sales guy did not want to even counter my offer. I said "well send me an email and let me know your offer" he said "suuuurrreeeee". Problem is they had so many people in the place and selling so many cars to naive people with a lot of money that he just wanted to move on to someone willing to pay full price and not deal with me. F those guys.

Same here, my local dealership here in Bakersfield wouldn't even try to deal online (internet sales through email), they want me to show up in person... I ended up getting mine from Shaver Ram in Thousand Oaks, their internet sales is great to deal with and had the lowest price of all 4 delaerships I dealt with online.

Users who are viewing this thread