5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The automotive quarters follow a calendar year as Q1 - Jan-March Q2 - April-June Q3 - July-September Q4 - October-December.

Some companies follow a fiscal year, such as Disney World which runs October-September, their big pushes (for both discounts and purchases) fall in September.

I just left a dealership who was giving me $11k (7.2k dealer, 3.9k rebate) off a $66k msrp truck, and they said rebates are changing again on the 10th (which explains the *must take delivery on or before 7/9 on the big horn 15% off.) I just couldn't bite on a truck for $55k knowing that i MIGHT be able to get it for $45-48 if i exercise the ole patience (in training) muscle.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greenway in Orlando

Gotcha, i've been to that dealer twice now, and still don't have a trade value number (i'm guessing it's because they don't have a truck to sell me). But they are screwed up over there. One guy sits me down to order a new truck and then all of a sudden they said orders are closed. Nice guys, but they've gotta get their stuff together!

Glad to see you got a screamin deal, i gotta wait for better incentives to come out again. Trying to make a head decision not a heart decision!

MPMRam

Reaction score
If they don't bring back some comparable rebates for August I may just have to forfeit my deposit on my ordered limited. I'll lose $500, but better than $5000+.

I think the rebates will be back. Ram really wants to win the most truck sales over Ford and GM. I think it will be worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my first Dodge in November of 2009. It was a leftover 2009. I got it for almost 30% off, but it was also a dealer demo with 6K miles on it.

Since then, I have been somewhat keeping tabs on new Dodge truck prices.

It seems to me that every year, around the November timeframe, they have had big rebates in effect to get rid of "last year's models" before the end of the calendar year. So, I do expect bigger rebates to come back. But, maybe not until the Oct - Dec timeframe. I think they get pretty motivated to not have 2019 models still on dealer lots in 2020.

And, the most I remember seeing in the past was rebates that worked out to about 20% off. I don't remember seeing these 25+% ones. And I don't remember seeing big rebates early in the year like we saw last month. I had been planning to buy a new truck and was specifically holding out for around November, just to have hopes of getting a big rebate like I've seen in the past 10 years. But, when I saw the June rebates, I was pretty sure I would not see a better offer in November - and I found a truck with everything I wanted, which is very difficult, since I'm super picky.

So, the big rebates may come back, but I have a feeling the June sales run moved a lot of the leftover 2019 inventory. What is available with a big rebate in Q4 may be pretty slim pickin's compared to years past.

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
Gotcha, i've been to that dealer twice now, and still don't have a trade value number (i'm guessing it's because they don't have a truck to sell me). But they are screwed up over there. One guy sits me down to order a new truck and then all of a sudden they said orders are closed. Nice guys, but they've gotta get their stuff together!

Glad to see you got a screamin deal, i gotta wait for better incentives to come out again. Trying to make a head decision not a heart decision!

Sorry to hear about your experience there. I worked a younger guy by the name of Logan. He was super nice and not your typical car salesman. If you do find a vehicle there or decide to go back, I would highly recommend him.

I drove two hours to get to Greenway after Logan and I communicated via text and phone and finalized all the numbers prior to me stepping foot into the dealership.

Happy hunting!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience there. I worked a younger guy by the name of Logan. He was super nice and not your typical car salesman. If you do find a vehicle there or decide to go back, I would highly recommend him.

I drove two hours to get to Greenway after Logan and I communicated via text and phone and finalized all the numbers prior to me stepping foot into the dealership.

Happy hunting!

That's great. They are good guys, just can't give me straight answers. I am looking all over the country right now, seems like the midwest has the best current deals at 15-18% off. Have a bunch of trucks saved in my autotrader alerts and really hoping the incentives get better.

Birdieman

Reaction score
New to the thread. After reading a lot of replies about price paid, i'm feeling very fortunate. I bought my Limited on July 1. MSRP was $65,015. After rebate and discount, i paid $43,760. I had put a deposit down a while before July, and had negotiated a price. When they came out with the 15% rebate, i couldn't wait any longer. They didn't really want to sell it for the original negotiated price before the big rebate, but ultimately gave in. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the thread. After reading a lot of replies about price paid, i'm feeling very fortunate. I bought my Limited on July 1. MSRP was $65,015. After rebate and discount, i paid $43,760. I had put a deposit down a while before July, and had negotiated a price. When they came out with the 15% rebate, i couldn't wait any longer. They didn't really want to sell it for the original negotiated price before the big rebate, but ultimately gave in. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

22k off wow. Makes my stomach hurt that i started looking at these trucks June 27th. Feeling hopeful that the rebates come back

carlo71

Reaction score

Happy hunting!
I literally did the same thing with Greenway. SWFL drove up 3 hrs, in and out in less than 90 min. I worked with Jared. 64k MSRP = 49250 OTD with a 2000$ Trade in , 0 down out of pocket. This was on June 23rd for my deal. All done over phone with deal in writing photoed via text and calls.

retho78

Reaction score
I talked to my sales guy from who I bought the truck from and he will keep me posted of the current offers and upcoming deals so, if anyone is looking to buy one let me know, please. I will see what I can find to help you out... thank you.

F150toRAM

Reaction score
OK guys decision time! Need to get a truck rather soon so I am not sure I can wait until next month to see if bigger rebates come in. Here is the deal I am getting. I have attached the Window sticker (what do you guys think of the set up?? )
MSRP: $67,350.00
My price: 57,247.50
Comes out to 15% off MSRP.

Attachments

• windowstickerRAM67350.pdf
    93 KB · Views: 46

retho78

Reaction score
OK guys decision time! Need to get a truck rather soon so I am not sure I can wait until next month to see if bigger rebates come in. Here is the deal I am getting. I have attached the Window sticker (what do you guys think of the set up?? )
MSRP: $67,350.00
My price: 57,247.50
Comes out to 15% off MSRP.

I think that's pretty high for a V6 engine.

Users who are viewing this thread