5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
In feb 2019 end of the month where I need a truck bad.. my GMC 2015 1500 with lifters valves issue. I didnt want to go back to gmc.. so Ram is in my sight.
detail: 2019 trademan quad 4x4 package 27A sticker 44710.
out the door was 41500 with trade of 17000. plus discount of 3210.
good deal?

With current incentives/rebates you should be able to qualify for atleast 9,000 off MSRP before negotiations start so around the 35-38k mark based off your MSRP of 44,710. Should be able to knock off another 1000-1500 so around ~34000-37000 sale price is what you can look before TTL depending on your area OTD would be ~37000-39000

I was initially looking at the tradesman too but after checking it out vs the big horn edition, you get alot more bang for your buck plus the rebates on bighorns are much better so although the MSRP is higher, they usually give an additional 3000 off rebates so around 12000 off MSRP. You end up paying maybe 2000 more than the tradesman, but the additional bells & whistles were worth it in my opinion.

irish

Reaction score
With current incentives/rebates you should be able to qualify for atleast 9,000 off MSRP before negotiations start so around the 35-38k mark based off your MSRP of 44,710. Should be able to knock off another 1000-1500 so around ~34000-37000 sale price is what you can look before TTL depending on your area OTD would be ~37000-39000

I was initially looking at the tradesman too but after checking it out vs the big horn edition, you get alot more bang for your buck plus the rebates on bighorns are much better so although the MSRP is higher, they usually give an additional 3000 off rebates so around 12000 off MSRP. You end up paying maybe 2000 more than the tradesman, but the additional bells & whistles were worth it in my opinion.
I should have kick my own *** not looking into the big horn and and should have gotten a bit lower price...but I didnt want to drive around, shopping with a limping gmc and afraid it blow up ( got two lifter was bad)

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Take the time to visit more than 1 dealership!!!!

While it is not the best I have seen on here for a Bighorn; I got out the door ttl included $38,400
I put $500 down cash didn't want the $1000 they would give me for my 2000 ram 1500
4x2, Level 2 etc...look at my sig below for info.

For the one OP, rent a car for a day and go to other dealerships if you don't want to drive around in your vehicle. $60-$100 for rental is worth it. You already know/have offer for your trade-in. I would not mention trade in until get them as low as possible, otherwise some will use that to play on the numbers. I rented a car and drove across Florida (2 hours-ish) to get my truck. At the time it was the best deal for me.

(Have 2 offers of $3,500 for my 2000 RAM 1500 right now, son-in-law and his father both want it!!!!)

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Jersey guys/gals----

click on link, build the one you want and look at the inventory for your area. You can change the zip code to wherever you want to see the prices for those on the lot/listed. Then from there drill down to the actual dealer page and see the offers. This lets you know they are out there you just have to find them. Obviously rebates/discounts etc will vary depending on your situations but give yourself the best opportunity to get best bang for your dollars!!!

EDIT--I should also note that while you are building a vehicle on RAM website, it shows you the vehicles already in inventory at your dealership you are looking up, plus any vehicles they have ordered to their lots (incoming).

jastevenson

Reaction score
In feb 2019 end of the month where I need a truck bad.. my GMC 2015 1500 with lifters valves issue. I didnt want to go back to gmc.. so Ram is in my sight.
detail: 2019 trademan quad 4x4 package 27A sticker 44710.
out the door was 41500 with trade of 17000. plus discount of 3210.
good deal?
Take the time to visit more than 1 dealership!!!!

While it is not the best I have seen on here for a Bighorn; I got out the door ttl included $38,400
I put $500 down cash didn't want the $1000 they would give me for my 2000 ram 1500
4x2, Level 2 etc...look at my sig below for info.

For the one OP, rent a car for a day and go to other dealerships if you don't want to drive around in your vehicle. $60-$100 for rental is worth it. You already know/have offer for your trade-in. I would not mention trade in until get them as low as possible, otherwise some will use that to play on the numbers. I rented a car and drove across Florida (2 hours-ish) to get my truck. At the time it was the best deal for me.

(Have 2 offers of $3,500 for my 2000 RAM 1500 right now, son-in-law and his father both want it!!!!)

Nice deal! Where in Florida did you purchase from?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Nice deal! Where in Florida did you purchase from?
Arrigo-Sawgrass, in Tamarac FL near Pompano Beach/Ft Lauderdale area. Volume dealership so have better deals/selections.

I believe I ended up going to 7 dealerships (had a trip up to PA so hit a few along the way-most in Florida--plus I had the time and was in no rush---made it happen end of month too). The best salesman/up front tried to make it happen was Barry @ Dayton Andrews Dodge dealership. I was picky on the color, 6'4 bed, 3.92, 20" wheels and Level 2 for the heated seats for my back. That threw monkey wrench in finding what I wanted without ordering it. He gave me buyers order of $36,300 out the door on my first color choice of the Patriot Blue.....just did not have the Level 2 heated seats...ugh.

I get another vehicle, I will go to him FIRST!!! Saved his number in my phone, that is how great of a salesman he is--no crap, just straight up. After going to 7 dealerships ya get a feel for the different types of sales reps!!!

Professor

Reaction score
I'm looking to join the Ram family and trade up from the 2006 Taco. Looking at a limited trim with a couple of extras like rambox, level 1 group, 22" wheels, and the sunroof. MSRP is $67,610. Dealer is offering $10,000 off total, including $6,500 discount and $3,500 in rebates. I feel like it should be more since it's a limited, but I haven't bought a vehicle since my 2006. Am I leaving money on the table?

Long story short, I originally wanted a Laramie with mostly all of the extra packages. Changed my mind last second to the limited, but they are keeping the same discounts. Dealer is telling me the higher trim has less of a rebate or discount opportunity, which is totally counter-intuitive to me since the add-ons are usually marked up quite a bit. I'm in Florida btw.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Looks like my RAM has finally arrived at the dealership from the factory, so it looks like tomorrow is the big day! Excited! The truck is in my signature. MSRP = $69,930 including destination charge of $1,695. Anyone care to venture what I should realistically be able to negotiate down to, on a custom ordered Limited?

TheRays

Reaction score
FYI for all that are still on the hunt - I've been getting e-mails and text messages from several RAM dealers today telling me it is RAM truck month and you can save up to 20% off.

Gitter

Reaction score
FYI for all that are still on the hunt - I've been getting e-mails and text messages from several RAM dealers today telling me it is RAM truck month and you can save up to 20% off.

Another Truck month!? lol Looks like the website is now advertising that as well.

Haneyrm

Reaction score
Just picked up 2019 Laramie Sport 4x2 quad cab, hemi, 3.92. Sticker was $48,455. Ended up at $35,000 out the door plus a free bed liner, wheel locks and tinted windows. Very happy with this truck and the deal I got.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Long story short, I originally wanted a Laramie with mostly all of the extra packages. Changed my mind last second to the limited, but they are keeping the same discounts. Dealer is telling me the higher trim has less of a rebate or discount opportunity, which is totally counter-intuitive to me since the add-ons are usually marked up quite a bit. I'm in Florida btw.

This is not just RAM - it's all truck manufacturers. When you get to the highest trim levels of each brand, the discounts are lower. The Ford XLT and RAM BigHorn get the biggest discounts, and then the Lariat/Laramie trim levels get a little less. Getting into a Limited from either brand, the discounts will be the least. It's just how it's done. My RAM dealer told me that buyers looking at the top trim levels can afford to get less of a discount. It is what it is. Also, the RAM Limited is awesome!

-John

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I ask myself do I want/need all the bells and whistles? Depending on the subject sometimes its yes, I deserve it, I can afford it and treat myself. Other moments of clarity I opt for those items I need and then few bells and whistles.

Applying this concept to the vehicles, perhaps look at the Laramie and see the difference between this with options up to the top models. Then ask yourself the hard real question---which of these options will I truly use enough to justify getting them or is it to say I have it and don't use it?

ET32913

Reaction score
Looking at maybe upgrading from a big horn to a limited. Dealer has a “once in a lifetime” offer going on lol. MSRP $68630 with a discount of $14845 brings the price before TTL/trade to $53785...21.6% off. What do you guys think?

Rambro23

Reaction score
Looking at maybe upgrading from a big horn to a limited. Dealer has a “once in a lifetime” offer going on lol. MSRP $68630 with a discount of $14845 brings the price before TTL/trade to $53785...21.6% off. What do you guys think?
Pull the trigger!

Professor

Reaction score
This is not just RAM - it's all truck manufacturers. When you get to the highest trim levels of each brand, the discounts are lower. The Ford XLT and RAM BigHorn get the biggest discounts, and then the Lariat/Laramie trim levels get a little less. Getting into a Limited from either brand, the discounts will be the least. It's just how it's done. My RAM dealer told me that buyers looking at the top trim levels can afford to get less of a discount. It is what it is. Also, the RAM Limited is awesome!

-John

Thanks. Lame argument on their part, but I get it. I guess they were in fact "doing me a favor" by keeping the same discounts on the limited. Just signed the papers! Got them to atleast throw in the tonneau cover for free.

Users who are viewing this thread