5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Deriggs007

Reaction score
New member here and looking to purchase a Ram 1500 Limited or Laramie Longhorn. I have a 2 part question...:). Because I want the Ram Boxes my choices are limited to the 5’7” bed. Trucks with the Ram Box option are few and far between in the Limited and/or Longhorn trims. I know I could order but I’m interested in taking advantage of the Ram/ Chrysler 72 month zero interest and 90 day deferred payment promotion going on until 31 Jan.

To make a long story short, I found a 1500 Limited with eTorque, Ram Boxes and most of the other options I wanted. The numbers are below, first for financing without the zero interest and then with the zero interest where I will lose some incentives/discounts.

MSRP: $69,950
Selling price with all discounts/incentives: $57,658 (I don’t have the breakdown of how they got to this number)
License Fee: $68.75
Dealer Processing Fee: $699
Destination Fee: $1695 (this seems to be standard)
VA Sales Tax: $2578.05
Out the Door Price: $62698.80

From reading the posts here this seems like a fair to good deal?

Now, if I want to use the 72 month zero financing option I lose the incentives/discounts and they add $2610 (2500 + 110 in taxes = $2610) to the OTD price....

OTD price with 72 month, 0 percent: $65308
They found a Ram rebate for $500 plus another $300 dealer discount...
Final OTD with zero financing is: $64500

I know this is a lot higher than others seem to be paying but with the $5K or so in financing saving I figure it’s still a good deal?

2nd part of my questions deals with all the extras they are trying to sell me....

Ram Advantage/Max Care Extended Warranty - 6 year/100K mile: $4995
Gap Insurance: $895
Ram 6 year/60K Maintenance Plan: $1610
Tire/Wheel Package - 4 yrs Unlimited miles: $765
ECP (inside & outside appearance plan) - 7 yrs: $1995

I’m sure all these prices are high to very high. I know I can get an actual Ram extended warranty online for much less, and maybe the tire/wheel plan also? Can you get the other plans online for less also?

My main concern would be getting the Gap coverage since I would be financing above the cash OTD price but $895 seems high. My other thought is that the maintenance plan might be worth it if it covers the big services (30K & 60K) Plus all the services in-between.....thoughts?

Thanks for any thoughts/comments in advance as I need to make a decision soon before the truck with the Ram Boxes and zero interest financing are gone.....

My first look is at the price of the vehicle. Never negotiate financing until you have finalized the price of the truck. If they didn't break something down, ask them to break it down. If they don't, then just walk.

Standard discounts on a limited plan is $10K or more off MSRP, that should put you right at the $58K mark alone. Add in the $1250 rebate + any other rebate you qualify for and you SHOULD take off another $1000-$2000. That's when you can then negotiate your financing options to sweeten the deal further.

Never buy any of the options. Most of the dealers are throwing in 3 year service plans for free as supposedly they get incentive from RAM to do it. You can typically negotiate those into the price of the vehicle because it costs the dealership pennies to actually do it.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Agreed.. trying to work a deal now on a Limited with MSRP of $66205, residual at 56% (higher than even what edmonds.com gave me) and MF of 0.00096. Net cap cost is quoted at $54596, but I did the math myself and somehow they are tacking on an additional $1500 somewhere to that to artificially raise my lease payments by $45/mo. So I'm trying to figure out what those fees are. According to another dealer that I'm also working with on a similar optioned truck, he says they're basically giving it to me at invoice. So does that mean there is still wiggle room?
Wiggle room unfortunately, as you know, is dealer dependant. Leases aren't going for the 7-9% below invoice that purchase are it seems. Depending on your dealers market, they may bend but they may not. Sounds like you're a a buyer with power, I'd wait it out to save a couple grand. 2 months chilling and reassuring my investment choice while working 5-7% off invoice would be worth it to me.

Cannonball

Reaction score
New member here and looking to purchase a Ram 1500 Limited or Laramie Longhorn. I have a 2 part question...:). Because I want the Ram Boxes my choices are limited to the 5’7” bed. Trucks with the Ram Box option are few and far between in the Limited and/or Longhorn trims. I know I could order but I’m interested in taking advantage of the Ram/ Chrysler 72 month zero interest and 90 day deferred payment promotion going on until 31 Jan.

To make a long story short, I found a 1500 Limited with eTorque, Ram Boxes and most of the other options I wanted. The numbers are below, first for financing without the zero interest and then with the zero interest where I will lose some incentives/discounts.

Selling price with all discounts/incentives: $57,658 (I don’t have the breakdown of how they got to this number)

Now, if I want to use the 72 month zero financing option I lose the incentives/discounts and they add $2610 (2500 + 110 in taxes = $2610) to the OTD price....

I know this is a lot higher than others seem to be paying but with the $5K or so in financing saving I figure it’s still a good deal?

2nd part of my questions deals with all the extras they are trying to sell me....

I’m sure all these prices are high to very high. I know I can get an actual Ram extended warranty online for much less, and maybe the tire/wheel plan also? Can you get the other plans online for less also?

My main concern would be getting the Gap coverage since I would be financing above the cash OTD price but $895 seems high. My other thought is that the maintenance plan might be worth it if it covers the big services (30K & 60K) Plus all the services in-between.....thoughts?

Thanks for any thoughts/comments in advance as I need to make a decision soon before the truck with the Ram Boxes and zero interest financing are gone.....
With all rebates and dealer discounts with a trade you can purchase the attached truck and many more in the SE. Maybe do your research.

https://www.jerryulmchryslerdodgeje...-hornlone-star-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfft1kn614135

Good luck with that one bro.

New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives. Tax, Title and Tags not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser. While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors do occur so please verify information with a customer service rep. This is easily done by calling us at (813) 463-8462 or by visiting us at the dealership.
Targeted Incentives
  • IDL Bonus Cash*
    Effective Dates: 2019-01-03 - 2019-01-31
    $4,500

Incentive Details
  • Lease Cash*
    Effective Dates: 2018-11-01 - 2019-01-31
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • New Buyer Share of Garage TDM Offer*
    Effective Dates: 2018-08-01 - 2019-07-31
    $500

Incentive Details
  • Total Loss Direct Offer Program*
    Effective Dates: 2018-01-03 - 2019-02-02
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • Truck Owner Conquest Retail Bonus Cash*
    Effective Dates: 2018-08-01 - 2019-01-31
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash*
    $750

Incentive Details
  • FFA Member Program*
    Effective Dates: 2018-06-27 - 2019-01-31
    $500

Incentive Details
  • Tipp 3B Prospect Program TDM Offer*
    Effective Dates: 2019-01-03 - 2019-02-28
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • Tipp 3B Owner Program TDM Offer*
    Effective Dates: 2019-01-03 - 2019-02-28
    $500

Incentive Details
  • CASE IH Product Owner Consumer Bonus Cash Allowance*
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • New Holland Equipment Bonus Cash*
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • Driveability / Automobility Program*
    Effective Dates: 2018-06-01 - 2020-01-02
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • Military Program*
    Effective Dates: 2018-03-01 - 2019-01-31
    $500

Incentive Details
  • Employee Advantage Friends Program*
    Effective Dates: 2018-02-14 - 2020-01-02
    Preferred price is printed on the Factory Invoice and is identified with "PP"

Incentive Details
  • LLC Employee Advantage - Certain Designated Individual (CDI) Program*
    Eligible participants can purchase or lease a FCA US new and unused vehicle at the employee price. The Employee Price is printed on the factory invoice and is identified with "EP".

Incentive Details
  • Employee Advantage*
    Eligible participants can purchase or lease up to six (6) FCA US new and unused vehicles at the employee price.

Incentive Details
  • National Association of Realtors Employee (Type 1/L)*
    Effective Dates: 2018-05-01 - 2019-01-31
    $500

Incentive Details
  • National Association of Realtors Members*
    Effective Dates: 2018-05-01 - 2019-01-31
    $500

Incentive Details
  • Case Construction Equipment Bonus Cash*
    $1,000

Incentive Details
  • 2019 Returning Lessee*
    $500

Incentive Details
  • Conquest Lease to Retail/Lease*
    $500

Incentive Details
  • Southeast Owner Loyalty Bonus Cash*
    $500

Incentive Details
  • November/December Unsold Select Leads Bonus Cash Coupon*
    Effective Dates: 2019-01-10 - 2019-01-31
    $500

Incentive Details
  • USAA Member Certificate - Retail*
    Effective Dates: 2018-01-03 - 2019-01-31
    $1,000

mofomikes

Reaction score
I'm also a new member and I've just took possession of a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn Laramie last week.
The truck was purchased in Ontario, Canada and was a factory ordered at the end of November 2018 (just a few days before the end of the Ram promotion, I forget the name).

The MSRP was $84,085 CAD ($62,982 USD) and the final negotiated price was $66,000 CAD ($49,433 USD), excluding taxes and license fees.

I found this forum very helpful during my purchase, so I hope this info can be of help to others.

rmonte4

Reaction score
For all the non believers maybe you should visit the dealer below. I have and now own a 2019 Ram Bighorn. Mine was 30% below invoice before negotiating the trade. They advertise up to 40% off invoice but that may be a bit of a stretch. With all rebates and dealer discounts with a trade you can purchase the attached truck and many more in the SE Region. To tell someone that it isn’t possible when it is is just stupid. I have bought 20 trucks in the last 10 years both business and personal and was a dealer myself for over 25 years. I’ve traveled from NY to Florida just to save a few thousand more. Not my fault you don’t know how to negotiate.

https://www.jerryulmchryslerdodgeje...-hornlone-star-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfft1kn614135

That is some crazy online dealer discounting. I too am concerned with what targeted incentives they are including in that figure. More power to you if this is legit....

rmonte4

Reaction score
2019 Ram Big Horn

MSRP 51k
6500.00 rebates
4750.00 dealer discount
We were about $4k apart on trade and deal. I stood my ground and was able to negotiate another $3750 on the trade. I was walking, they exhausted everything they could and we were still a couple thousand apart. I think they only sold it to me because I told them they probably couldn’t sell me...lol. All in all they had the vehicle listed with 16k in rebates I knew they couldn’t do but I ended up with $15k off. Bought from Jerry Ulm Ram in Tampa.

Oh man.. you included $3,750 that you got more on your trade into the $15k off figure. That's not apples to apples at all. Sounds like you got $11,250 off your $51k truck, Trade aside. Congrats on your purchase though, you got a solid deal.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
For all the non believers maybe you should visit the dealer below. I have and now own a 2019 Ram Bighorn. Mine was 30% below invoice before negotiating the trade. They advertise up to 40% off invoice but that may be a bit of a stretch. With all rebates and dealer discounts with a trade you can purchase the attached truck and many more in the SE Region. To tell someone that it isn’t possible when it is is just stupid. I have bought 20 trucks in the last 10 years both business and personal and was a dealer myself for over 25 years. I’ve traveled from NY to Florida just to save a few thousand more. Not my fault you don’t know how to negotiate.

Just called about it. Sorry, kinda full of it. Dealer discount is only around 5K rest are all the incentives you may or may not qualify for.
We would all qualify for about the same rebates regardless of the dealer. So not even close to that price for me.

They also have dealer options not part of the price. Pretty ****ty deal, but what do we know. Not like we ever call or ask or search, right?

Last edited:

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

First, you don't have to be a ****.

Second, that link shows your special dealer playing the very games most of us are trying to warn people about by listing "Dealer Discount & Rebates" on a single line, knowing full well that most people will not qualify for all of the rebates (some are actually exclusionary [lease vs purchase specific]), and will not be able to purchase that vehicle for the listed "sale price".

Deriggs007

Reaction score
First, you don't have to be a ****.

Second, that link shows your special dealer playing the very games most of us are trying to warn people about by listing "Dealer Discount & Rebates" on a single line, knowing full well that most people will not qualify for all of the rebates (some are actually exclusionary [lease vs purchase specific]), and will not be able to purchase that vehicle for the listed "sale price".

Exactly this. I got off the phone with that very manager and he was very awesome to talk to, mentioning all the rebates and such. But would not talk about the dealer discount vs the rebates.

I know what I qualify for in the rebates option making this vehicle just about the same price of the 90% vehicles out there. If you qualify for everything, awesome. 90% chance you wont' qualify for more than 4 of them though.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I got my discounts and am happy with my deal. I’m done here. I doubt you actually spoke to anyone that could really help you but good luck to you finding a deal you’re good with. If you read my post, I stated what my deal was, exactly and stated that most would not be able to get all rebates, but I can tell you if you can’t get at least $10k off a $50k truck then you’re not worth a **** as a negotiator. Btw, thanks for confirming a dealer discount of $5k, some didn’t feel that possible.

Even without ne

You actually stated crap bro. You came on here stating you should get 40% below MSRP. And here's proof that I discussed with them. Show us that 40% MSRP truck man. ;)

https://d.pr/free/i/evIP7e

P.S - I only qualify for about 3K of the 6K in rebates, but they broke it out for me. Typo on the $5K. It was $6K. Great, it's discounted about the same....as every...other...dealership ;). Making the truck $45K or so. Yeah, nice try.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Sorry Bro, you need to learn how to read. I never stated you could get 40%, only that the dealer advertised that. But I did state that no one, except in a perfect world would qualify for all rebates. And there is noting I have to prove to you or anyone on here. My deal was exactly as stated, nothing more nothing less so get over yourself Bro.

I don't think I have a problem reading, I think you MAY have a problem actually articulating your thoughts, though.

"Mine was 30% below invoice before negotiating the trade. They advertise up to 40% off invoice but that may be a bit of a stretch."

30% below invoice is well below 40% off of MSRP..... - That is EXACTLY what you stated.

With all rebates and dealer discounts with a trade you can purchase the attached truck and many more in the SE Region. To tell someone that it isn’t possible when it is is just stupid. "

FYI - No one can qualify for ALL rebates. Thus making your comment of "To tell someone it isn't' possible when it is, is just stupid". Also, not everyone will have a trade AND also qualify for EVERY rebate. Telling them that they can get "30%" below invoice is way more of a lie than what crap you're spouting.

You sound like a 25yr dealer, that's for sure. We should avoid you like the plague hahaha. Have a good night man, this was fun though.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score

1) Where are you seeing they are offering 72Month 0% right now?

2) I ordered my Limited with Rambox for weeks ago and I wanted the same deal. My dealer's Sales Manger didn't think it was order protected but he said he was going to call RAM's incentive center and double check. He called me a a few minutes later with "Good news". He said 72 month 0% WAS order protected. I was (still am) skeptical but they put it in writing when I placed the order. I figure if he was wrong I will ***** about it then. But I am also hoping that it will be delivered during RAM Month, which I am expecting to be in March, I am expecting great deals then.

It couldn't hurt to have your dealer check to see if is order protected.

3) Those extras are a scam!

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
1) Where are you seeing they are offering 72Month 0% right now?

2) I ordered my Limited with Rambox for weeks ago and I wanted the same deal. My dealer's Sales Manger didn't think it was order protected but he said he was going to call RAM's incentive center and double check. He called me a a few minutes later with "Good news". He said 72 month 0% WAS order protected. I was (still am) skeptical but they put it in writing when I placed the order. I figure if he was wrong I will ***** about it then. But I am also hoping that it will be delivered during RAM Month, which I am expecting to be in March, I am expecting great deals then.

It couldn't hurt to have your dealer check to see if is order protected.

3) Those extras are a scam!

Sorry, hit post by mistake.

Search the forums and you will find the best deals on a MOPAR warranty are with Zeigler Auto Group, a high volume FCA dealer in FL. Also, a month ago they offered a great promo code to knock like $300 off. It was "PAIDINFULL" It might still work or ask around for a new promo code. They also have plans with interior protection and paintless dent removal coverage, but I don't think they are work it.

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Check with your insurance company for Gap coverage. Should only be a few bucks a month.

I would not pay $800 for tire coverage. And if I was to consider it, it better have accidental damage coverage and no charge to remount and balance/rotate them.

You can get a set of tires for that price if you had problems.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Sorry, hit post by mistake.

Search the forums and you will find the best deals on a MOPAR warranty are with Zeigler Auto Group, a high volume FCA dealer in FL. Also, a month ago they offered a great promo code to knock like $300 off. It was "PAIDINFULL" It might still work or ask around for a new promo code. They also have plans with interior protection and paintless dent removal coverage, but I don't think they are work it.

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Check with your insurance company for Gap coverage. Should only be a few bucks a month.

I would not pay $800 for tire coverage. And if I was to consider it, it better have accidental damage coverage and no charge to remount and balance/rotate them.

You can get a set of tires for that price if you had problems.

I was wrong on that code. it is "PAYINFULL" and it still works. $365 of a 8 yr 100K mile MOPAR Max Care warranty for just under $2000 for a 4X4 1500.

That sure beats your dealer's quote of 6 year/100K mile: for $4995!

1548384763268.png

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score

I just bought a 2019 RAM Laramie and bought an 8 year maximum care plan (can’t remember the mileage, but it was around 12k/year) and I paid $1,250.

I also got the gap insurance and paid $463.00.

The GAP cost may depend on your credit, but I’m not 100% sure.

I got pre-approved through Penn Fed and they had a plan that cost around $1,000 and GAP was around $450, so I told the finance guy he’d have to beat their rate (super low) and the costs for me to finance through them. They matched the rate and got close with the other costs, plus threw in oil changes/tire rotations for 3 years, so I just went with the dealer financing.

Also, my dealer tried to charge me $399 processing fee, and I told them there’s no way I would pay that. I ended up having to pay like $13.00 of that because it had something to do with licensing. The rest they waived. You should never pay a processing fee. I’ve bought new vehicles about every other year for 20 years and have never paid a processing fee.

I’d encourage you to get pre-approved via PennFed to use that in your negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still looking/shopping while I get my finances in order. A local dealer has a 2019 Longhorn 4x4 that has everything I want except the tow package. Below is a list of the options that I copied off of the window sticker. The MSRP is $63,565 and the asking price on the dealer's website is $52,386 which is 17.5% off of MSRP. Seems like a pretty fair deal, but perhaps they might go a little bit lower?

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Billet Silver Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint $200

Customer Preferred Package 25K Protection Group $395
Front Suspension Skid Plate Fuel Tank Skid Plate Steering Gear Skid Plate Transfer Case Skid Plate

Advanced Safety Group $1,695

Level 1 Equipment Group $3,895

Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495

5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine $1,195 Active Noise–Control System

Destination Charge $1,695

Creep0321

Reaction score
I'm still looking/shopping while I get my finances in order. A local dealer has a 2019 Longhorn 4x4 that has everything I want except the tow package. Below is a list of the options that I copied off of the window sticker. The MSRP is $63,565 and the asking price on the dealer's website is $52,386 which is 17.5% off of MSRP. Seems like a pretty fair deal, but perhaps they might go a little bit lower?

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Billet Silver Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint $200

Customer Preferred Package 25K Protection Group $395
Front Suspension Skid Plate Fuel Tank Skid Plate Steering Gear Skid Plate Transfer Case Skid Plate

Advanced Safety Group $1,695

Level 1 Equipment Group $3,895

Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495

5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine $1,195 Active Noise–Control System

Destination Charge $1,695
Are you sure you want the tow package? (Removes power and heated mirrors) or just to trailer brake controller?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure you want the tow package? (Removes power and heated mirrors) or just to trailer brake controller?

That's a good point, Creep0321. Probably just the brake controller. I'm also not sure about the Advanced Safety Group stuff. But this truck has it so I guess I would take it. I'm assuming you don't have use some of the nannies or you can turn them off - like the functions that keep you in your lane and that automatically brakes for you.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Got this offer:

4x4 laramie (54k msrp)
36/12 Lease @ 609/month
zero drive way (upfront costs and tax rolled into payment).

is this reasonable? i wanted to go lower so dropped to Big Horn trim and not getting much better numbers.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

Nice forum! I'm over on the other forum too and this one looks pretty active as well.

My sticker was almost 50 ($49,8something) and I paid $37+tax/tag/title. 2019 Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD North package, Level 2 package, towing package.

Users who are viewing this thread