5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cruzer1

Reaction score
I'm thinking over a deal this weekend that I worked out with a dealership yesterday. A 2019 Limited 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 5'7" for $10,300 off MSRP. From what I am reading on the forum I should jump at the deal. Does anyone feel I can get a little more off? Or am I nuts for thinking I can? I am in the central OH area. The dealership is closed until Tuesday giving me ample time to think. Oh, MSRP is $66,500, it's fairly loaded.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Cruzer1 said:
I'm thinking over a deal this weekend that I worked out with a dealership yesterday. A 2019 Limited 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 5'7" for $10,300 off MSRP. From what I am reading on the forum I should jump at the deal. Does anyone feel I can get a little more off? Or am I nuts for thinking I can? I am in the central OH area. The dealership is closed until Tuesday giving me ample time to think. Oh, MSRP is $66,500, it's fairly loaded.
i say that a very, very good deal. did you try other local dealers also? i knew when i got a great price from where i ordered it they wouldn't be beat. but i went to my other 2 local ones anyway. just to see. i would be waiting for your salesman to come in tuesday and do it.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cruzer1 said:
So I just built a Limited online in the 5-7 bed, and 66,500 is about the max optioned out you can get without e torque and ramboxes. So at 55k....it seems to be a pretty good deal. People are getting 52ish with great deals, my similar build with no options but ramboxes came in at just under 53k. Go get it!

CaliTex

Reaction score
Cruzer1 said:
Cruiser, that sounds right there with the best deals I’ve seen. I am at a sale price of $54120 on a Limited build I ordered that would retail at $64790. I will get another $1000 off for the lease conquest, provided they still have it when my order is built and delivered.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
alwi228 said:
And the worst part...was it just wasn't clever. If you're going to go all in on pissing off a group....probably should try to make it clever.

also, I got a loaded Laramie 2019 for $35,999. Beat that deal! But ya won’t
and I rounded up, so I guess I did beat your deal lmao

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cruzer1 said:
IMHO...if it's the truck you want, take the deal and start building a good relationship with your dealer rather than haggling until everyone is frustrated.

sgk

Reaction score
Why does everyone hate the dealers, Its great to get phenomenal price and not have to pay to much, but I mean the dealers have to make something also. Plus the salesperson only makes a minimum commission when there is basically not profit left unless you're tipping them on the side. On top of that they have to deal with all the calls "is my truck in yet?"

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sgk said:
Why does everyone hate the dealers, Its great to get phenomenal price and not have to pay to much, but I mean the dealers have to make something also. Plus the salesperson only makes a minimum commission when there is basically not profit left unless you're tipping them on the side. On top of that they have to deal with all the calls "is my truck in yet?"
Lol I didn't make them become a salesman or dealer that chooses that job. To bad they have to "deal" with all the calls. Thats their job they picked.

D

Deleted member 85

alacombe said:
Lol I didn't make them become a salesman or dealer that chooses that job. To bad they have to "deal" with all the calls. Thats their job they picked.
Alacombe, what do you do for work?

D

Deleted member 85

BobbiBigWheels said:
Alacombe, what do you do for work?
Well being that you didn't respond, I'll use a rhetorical example ->

If you were to come to fix my roof, per se, and did a %$#@ job, so I call you back, but the tiles you used originally are now discontinued. These new tiles are now double the price, but you oblige since you $%*#'d up in the first place.

Now I go around telling my neighbours I got the expensive higher end tiles for an untouchable price, ignoring why that happened, and bragging about my untouchable price.

I sound like an ***, eh?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
Well being that you didn't respond, I'll use a rhetorical example ->

If you were to come to fix my roof, per se, and did a %$#@ job, so I call you back, but the tiles you used originally are now discontinued. These new tiles are now double the price, but you oblige since you $%*#'d up in the first place.

Now I go around telling my neighbours I got the expensive higher end tiles for an untouchable price, ignoring why that happened, and bragging about my untouchable price.

I sound like an ***, eh?
I do roofing for a living lol

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
alacombe said:
it's getting a little chippy here. can we get back to a more positive and informative forum?
1f62b.png

filli_at

Reaction score
I just ordered a black edition bighorn pretty much loaded with everything... offroad package, ramboxes, alpine speaker package, led lighting, tow group, bed utility group and i got $9,350 off. Works out to be 17.5% off MSRP.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Guys, I would like to see some actual proof on some of these deals. A picture of the final invoice etc. Trucar and some other tracking services are not showing these types of deals and in talking to several dealers, this is a new model that is in high demand so why would they deal so low. I don't know of any car or truck that a dealer can get that has a >$9K profit. I understand employee pricing but some of the mark-downs seem to be out of whack. Not trying to be a jerk, but if I can see some pics that would help the rest of us with our negotiations if these outstanding discounts are indeed true.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I would like to see some actual proof on some of these deals. A picture of the final invoice etc. Trucar and some other tracking services are not showing these types of deals and in talking to several dealers, this is a new model that is in high demand so why would they deal so low. I don't know of any car or truck that a dealer can get that has a >$9K profit. I understand employee pricing but some of the mark-downs seem to be out of whack. Not trying to be a jerk, but if I can see some pics that would help the rest of us with our negotiations if these outstanding discounts are indeed true.

I posted my prices on page 8 of this thread. I did not get the out of this world deal that some seem to be getting, im at MSRP $60130, agreed price $53,974, and whatever rebates are available at that time (ramboxes, most likely august/sept delivery), but at this moment, another $1000, so total of $52,974, $7,156 off MSRP (unless no rebates are available, then $6,156) Not sure if this is what you were asking for, but it's all I got until the truck arrives. Cheers

filli_at

Reaction score
send me a PM and i can explain my situation a little more and provide a little proof. In general i do think deals are to be had but stumbling upon them seems difficult.

Flot

Reaction score
Guys, I would like to see some actual proof on some of these deals. A picture of the final invoice etc. Not trying to be a jerk, but if I can see some pics that would help the rest of us with our negotiations if these outstanding discounts are indeed true.

I hear your frustration.

1% under invoice is possible (which should be about $5k off) with a supplier code. If you look into it, you'll discover that joining Tread Lightly for $100 or so a year will get you a supplier code. (not sure if there are restrictions on time limit etc) I was looking at ordering a Wrangler a few years back, so I had joined and kept my membership up. My local dealer, who is every bit as hard to work with as anyone else, looked at my paperwork, and offered me the indicated 1% under invoice, no more no less. I asked him frankly if that was it, and he said that was it, and acted like he was doing me a huge favor.

I found a dealer online who was willing to go another few thousand $ lower than THAT. I'll be making a 1000 mile road trip to pick my truck up for a total of about $9500 under msrp. It happens to work out for me with my work schedule and some east coast friends I can visit on the way home.

Frankly I didn't even return to my local dealer with the offer. I wrote the check and am patiently waiting to go pick it up in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread