5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having a trade muddies the waters but doesn't make it impossible. I'm sitting at 10.17% off MSRP before rebates and a great trade value - on an ordered truck.

You know it's a great deal when other dealers can't compete on an in stock truck....

cjgerson

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Having a trade muddies the waters but doesn't make it impossible. I'm sitting at 10.17% off MSRP before rebates and a great trade value - on an ordered truck.

You know it's a great deal when other dealers can't compete on an in stock truck....
Yes it definitely does, the best advice is always to negotiate price before incentives and trade. I typically talk to sales person in terms of a function of invoice (below invoice by x%). However, even after all of these once you mention a trade they will factor in the price they quoted you.

For example on the 2019 I ordered a couple weeks ago my negotiation went as follows. Dealer knows at worst I get Chrysler affiliate pricing (1% below invoice), however i typically buy Invoice minus the holdback (3% of MSRP). With this deal they quoted me affiliate pricing minus the holdback, which put me ~6.5% below invoice. This price was ~$400 above EP. Once we had this sorted out we talked trade, the negotiations landed me about $500-$750 below the actual trade-in price that I wanted on the truck, but I was ok with this because I was already so much below invoice.

Also, I Just got one of those $500 mailers, which expires on 7/2, so keeping my fingers crossed I get my truck in time.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
Yes it definitely does, the best advice is always to negotiate price before incentives and trade. I typically talk to sales person in terms of a function of invoice (below invoice by x%). However, even after all of these once you mention a trade they will factor in the price they quoted you.

For example on the 2019 I ordered a couple weeks ago my negotiation went as follows. Dealer knows at worst I get Chrysler affiliate pricing (1% below invoice), however i typically buy Invoice minus the holdback (3% of MSRP). With this deal they quoted me affiliate pricing minus the holdback, which put me ~6.5% below invoice. This price was ~$400 above EP. Once we had this sorted out we talked trade, the negotiations landed me about $500-$750 above below where I wanted to be on the truck, but I was ok with this because I was already just above EP pricing.

Also, I Just got one of those $500 mailers, which expires on 7/2, so keeping my fingers crossed I get my truck in time.
Great minds think alike! You summed up my negotiations to a T.

Reaction score
I got my 4x4 Laramie for 42k (MSRP 49500) in Los Angeles

Attachments

• 6DCD0D41-DBF9-4166-BCA1-5C7796CD95A8.jpeg
    6DCD0D41-DBF9-4166-BCA1-5C7796CD95A8.jpeg
    735.8 KB · Views: 48

immersivenc

Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
I'm not really sure what they did as far as that goes. I beat them up hard, even had them split the doc fee with me. Helped that we had bought a 2500 Cummins from them about 6 mos ago. Went back a few days later and bought the wife a new JL Wrangler. They take care of me
263a.png

immersivenc

Reaction score
sparkygreen said:
Which dealer in NC? Might have to make a visit.
Capital CJD in Garner, just outside of Raleigh. Talk to Mike Reeves (sales manager)

D

Deleted member 85

firecadet613 said:
Your deal isn't comparable! Lol
Wasn't his the FCA "make-it-right" replacement?

I don't think that should even be compared to anything else. Based on my math, FCA lost over $10,000 USD to make it right.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:

I don't think that should even be compared to anything else. Based on my math, FCA lost over $10,000 USD to make it right.
Yep! And our math matches up on this one!!!

immersivenc

Reaction score
OK, what’s with the $500 “mailers” I keep hearing everyone referring to, and why haven’t I been mailed one? Lol

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:

I love this!

CaliTex

Reaction score
immersivenc said:
OK, what’s with the $500 “mailers” I keep hearing everyone referring to, and why haven’t I been mailed one? Lol
I went onto the RAM website and checked a box for more info. A few days later I got one via email. Unfortunately, it is only good for the month, but my order won’t come in for another couple of months. Hoping maybe they will send me another if I make another inquiry down the road.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
2019 Limited 4x4, 5'7
Silver Billet
3.92 axle
33 tank
Tow brake
Pano moonroof
Tonneau cover
MSRP $63190
Purchase $52780
Dealer discount $7410, plus $1,000 Ram rebate, $1,000 USAA & $1,000 Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread